Warcraft III Reforged

So people, are you ready to watch the glorious slide guitar technique that Sylvanas questionably used against Arthas?
08/11/2018 13:24Posted by Arctur
So people, are you ready to watch the glorious slide guitar technique that Sylvanas questionably used against Arthas?

We are not even sure how she even dies... In WC3 she is cornered in the forest and killed. Ressurected instantly.

In the comic her body is brought to an altar and a ritual makes her a banshee.

In the warbringer there is no forest but a field of flowers we never saw before (not even in the game), guitar slides instead of being cornered, just dies instead of talking about a clean death. Then she gets ressurected instantly.

So which is it?
08/11/2018 13:28Posted by Xiaopaw

We are not even sure how she even dies... In WC3 she is cornered in the forest and killed. Ressurected instantly.

In the comic her body is brought to an altar and a ritual makes her a banshee.

In the warbringer there is no forest but a field of flowers we never saw before (not even in the game), guitar slides instead of being cornered, just dies instead of talking about a clean death. Then she gets ressurected instantly.

So which is it?

Knowing Blizzard? All three!
I believe that what we saw in Warbringers: Sylvanas is not to be taken at face value.

It might have been a purposefully romanticized depiction of events.

A giant empty field - emptiness of what is to come?

A field of flowers to show the beauty of life... And then a woman dying with her child to show the desecration of life that was happening.

Sylvanas "guitar slide" can be just a depiction of her struggle to fight back the Scourge. Something along the lines of - no matter what happens, no matter what I do or how I do it, how desperately I act - I will die and my people will die.
08/11/2018 15:00Posted by Halasibel
I believe that what we saw in Warbringers: Sylvanas is not to be taken at face value.

It might have been a purposefully romanticized depiction of events.

A giant empty field - emptiness of what is to come?

A field of flowers to show the beauty of life... And then a woman dying with her child to show the desecration of life that was happening.

Sylvanas "guitar slide" can be just a depiction of her struggle to fight back the Scourge. Something along the lines of - no matter what happens, no matter what I do or how I do it, how desperately I act - I will die and my people will die.

Artistic it isw indeed but because they already warped the situation with the comic, I am not really sure if I should take it as artistic freedom or simply as "someone forgot the lore or retcons it"
I'm personally keen on revisiting how Jaina abandons humanity, saves orcs and kills her dad.

Spoilers from the future the game sucks.

3 Likes

Holy Elune, even Arthas nor Kel’Thuzad are powerfull enough Necromancers to ressurect something as old as this

it’s called time traveling

It’s called this forum is dead so it only has one WC3 thread.

I mean we haven’t much to discuss right now. 8.3 was pretty weak when it comes to lore development.

Let’s have some fun and discuss the improvements Reforged brought.

Uhm, the Lordaeron and Dalaran reworks are nice, I guess.

They brought back the bonus missions in Exodus of the Horde where you rescue that Troll tribe from that sea witch who sounds like Tyrande.

Imagine getting whooped by a Murloc tho. Everybody point and laugh at Sen’jin.

Looks like it runs in the family :clown_face:

Small indie Company does not have enough money to fix bugs. And you want them to hire more voice actors

I still think it’s funny really. When Blizzard first announced that they would change the campaign and retcon some things in order to make it fit better into the overall lore, there was an uproar in the community. “How dare they change my holy Wc3?” and similar statements.

Now at the last Blizzcon they made the statement, that the campaign wouldn’t be fundamentally changed. Some maps would be reforged, and some cutscenes would now use a more dynamic camera but that’s it. No new voice acting, no new cutscenes, no retcons.

Game got released, and now the same people complain that the campaign wasn’t reforged. You can complain that Blizzard used the old trailer, yes, but honestly
that’s like you give someone your lolly, and then complain to him that he stole your lolly even though you yourself gave it to him.

The missing ladder, clan-system and so on is obviously a problem
but the rant against the campaign is like
yeah
people you wanted this didn’t you?

Holy necro. That flag is deserved.

Did Blizzard forget that they can make money by making good games?

1 Like

you’re here too so you’re getting flagged aswell.

and they probelly did. plus uselly when a forum thread’s done it’s uselly closed.