Warcraft III Reforged

03/11/2018 19:28Posted by Fauffi
"Writer Christie Golden, who has worked with Blizzard on multiple novels set in the Warcraft universe over the past two decades, is helping to bring “parity” to the stories of Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft, which will require retconning some of the strategy game’s story. Those changes will bring “renewed focus to a few central characters that we thought deserved a little bit more time in the limelight,” Stillwell said."

https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/2018/11/2/18057924/warcraft-3-reforged-classic-compatibility-blizzcon

I just..., don't even know what to say anymore.
I want WarCraft 2, W3 is elf propaganda.
03/11/2018 19:41Posted by Northgrave
>tfw Garithos will get cut because he was "racist"
fcking revisionism

The opposite will happen.

Garithos is popular now, he became popular after Blood Elves fanboys became a meme around the time of Patch 5.1. People love Garithos now, expect him to look much more badass in the new Warcraft III. Perhaps he might even survive. Hello, It's called "Retcon".
The opposite will happen.

Garithos is popular now, he became popular after Blood Elves fans became a meme around the times of Mists of Pandaria. People love Garithos now, expect him to look much more badass in the new Warcraft III. Perhaps he might even survive. Hello, It's called "Retcon".

Calling it now. Garithos will be turned into a joke in Warcraft 3 to "match the lore in WoW".

He died a hero, it should be kept as such.
I'm so hyped for it. It seems they are using the hots engin to make. I wish they'd kept the original hots skins as well though the arthas skin in hots looks better to me than the one they used. But well I'll be getting it for sure.

The also seem to be using a new engine for the ingame cinematics. The terrors of darshore one looks slightly different. They don't seem to be using the game models.
It'll be interesting to see how they mold Reforged to fit future game design and lore developments from WoW. Stratholme's level design and appearance is redesigned to match WoW better.

I am particulary interested in how Maiev's chase after Illidan on The Broken Isles will be handled. The Tomb of Sargeras will look glorious.
WC3 reforged is something I'm really looking forward to. It was my first WC game and I played it for nearly 10 years regularly.
If it sells well there is also a good chance for future (or maybe previous) campaigns to continue the story where the original WC3 ended.
03/11/2018 19:41Posted by Northgrave
>tfw Garithos will get cut because he was "racist"
fcking revisionism

As much as I dislike that character I wouldn't be surprised if he's fully replaced by another Alliance commander who could still cause the Blood Elves to leave the Alliance through his actions but he's way toned down in his racism and hatred.

I mean Garithos is a meme character with Hitler vibes so...of course Blizzard would want to have him toned down and possibly removed or retconned in 2019. Hitler isn't a good example to pick for the kids at all in a RTS game, guys...
As one of the former pro WC3 players, I will definitely give this a look. Though I doubt I'll be playing it for long.
Or maybe they could make it so that Garithos and his troops come from Stormwind and not Lordaeron, actually. It would gave Stormwind a bit more relevance in the Third War since they were pretty much absent there and could also give the Blood Elves a more solid reason to dislike the Stormwindian humans and/or the current Alliance.
04/11/2018 09:30Posted by Sylvianna
Or maybe they could make it so that Garithos and his troops come from Stormwind and not Lordaeron, actually. It would gave Stormwind a bit more relevance in the Third War since they were pretty much absent there and could also give the Blood Elves a more solid reason to dislike the Stormwindian humans and/or the current Alliance.

To be fair, even the Orcs and Darkspear Trolls didn't have a proper reason to hate the Stormwind Humans back then... Especially since it were Kul Tirans who hunted the Darkspears and Lordaeron and Dalaran who threw the Orcs into the Internment Camps >.<
The graphic of Reforged do not really convince me to be honest. It looks...weird and off. I can't really put my finger on it. You have these 4k textures for armor, weapons and buildings but at the same time your footmen are attacking miniature-buildings with their swords. Oh, and the ridiculously oversized shoulderpads also look weird as hell in ultra HD.

(And my PC will probably not be able to run it anyway.)
04/11/2018 08:59Posted by Sylvianna
As much as I dislike that character I wouldn't be surprised if he's fully replaced by another Alliance commander who could still cause the Blood Elves to leave the Alliance through his actions but he's way toned down in his racism and hatred.

I mean Garithos is a meme character with Hitler vibes so...of course Blizzard would want to have him toned down and possibly removed or retconned in 2019. Hitler isn't a good example to pick for the kids at all in a RTS game, guys...

AAAAH, I WAS WRONG! HERE HE IS, HIS MAJESTY HAS RETURNED TO JUDGE THE LESSER RACES FOR THEIR SINS! REPENT, YOUR TIME HAS COME!
https://i.imgur.com/g1XoU5U.jpg
04/11/2018 14:45Posted by Northgrave
AAAAH, I WAS WRONG! HERE HE IS, HIS MAJESTY HAS RETURNED TO JUDGE THE LESSER RACES FOR THEIR SINS! REPENT, YOUR TIME HAS COME!

Ah here he is, angry for no reason as a rabid dog as usual!

Don't even start to hope that he will survive the retcons, though...his destiny is doomed even in this remake :P

now I'm waiting for Kael too...

Actually turned me gay. Damn can't wait to see him.
actually he's not completely bald under his helm...that's...something, I guess...the moustache is greatly reduced tho...
Also I find it funny that we get Garithos's new look before Illidan, Kael'Thas or Malfurion. Seems like someone remembers who the real hero is.
04/11/2018 08:59Posted by Sylvianna

Oh Garithos, Why do you make me so wet.

Also I find it funny that we get Garithos's new look before Illidan, Kael'Thas or Malfurion. Seems like someone remembers who the real hero is.

Because no one cares about ugly elven trash aside from cringe-worthy weebs like Sorceress.
Say what you will about Garithos, but you can't deny that he looks badass.
04/11/2018 14:49Posted by Frozenshadow
Actually turned me gay. Damn can't wait to see him.

04/11/2018 15:00Posted by Arctur
Oh Garithos, Why do you make me so wet.

Ewww pls quit it even if you are Alliance fans you are saying that for an overweighted 50-60 hairy old man who hates pretty much everything else. He would probably dislike the Kul Tiran since, you know, they are Humans but also different from the Lordaeron/Stormwind ones . Disgusting to say the least...

04/11/2018 14:57Posted by Northgrave

The first one to be showed is the first to go...