Warcraft III Reforged

You allowed me to use Stormwind, that is your downfall.

But I was just joking! A comparison with Stormwind is not allowed in a Lordaeron argument, am I right? :P

Lastly he is the (Baron I guess?) of Blackwood giving him the nobility status.

This ultimately means that Garithos is well within the line of succession to the Kingdom of Lordaeron, he has the support from the Alliance as well recognizing he is the last bastions of Lordaeron's government left in the region, he is the last high ranking military member of the army.

Exactly, highest ranking member in the military but maybe there were some other nobles of higher status (in his army or otherwise) that could claim the title. We simply...don't know.

04/11/2018 19:23Posted by Frozenshadow
The Blood Elves betrayed the Alliance by leaving them after apparently "not help Quel'thalas enough" in the second war even we shut off our capital to save ourselves and leave the Alliance to die.

Leaving the Alliance is betrayal now? How so? It's an Alliance, not an empire...every race is free to leave when they want. Also the Second War was already over.
Yes, if Garithos had rebuilt Lordaeron, and if Caelia were not interested in Lordaeron anymore

Yes...IF.

It's also possible that Garithos didn't care at all about rebuilding Lordaeron personally, it's also possible that he could have relinquished the rights of the lands of Lordaeron to Varian and Stormwind to the south, annexing them. Or the Scarlet Crusade, or the Silver Hand. Heck, even Kul Tiras for that matter.

Again, we simply don't know what he would have done....we can only speculate but it's headcanon, people.
04/11/2018 19:28Posted by Sylvianna
Exactly, highest ranking member in the military but maybe there were some other nobles of higher status (in his army or otherwise) that could claim the title. We simply...don't know.

Well, unless they were all dead or fled South to Stormwind or fled to Kalimdor with Jaina and established Theramore.

04/11/2018 19:33Posted by Sylvianna
Or the Scarlet Crusade

Balnazzar once more then. :P
Well, unless they were all dead or fled South to Stormwind or fled to Kalimdor with Jaina and established Theramore.

Oh? Why are you interested in this silly debate while there are no Kaldorei in it? :P

I'm interested because I'm a bored and because a King Garithos of the New Lordaeron would have immediately attacked Quel'thalas in revenge for Kael'thas leaving him. And even if Kael'thas was in Outland, that b@astard would have killed more Blood Elves (even if Lor'themar didn't do anything to him personally) just because of his hatred and racism.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
04/11/2018 19:37Posted by Sylvianna
Oh? Why are you interested in this silly debate while there are no Kaldorei in it? :P

Because it's all about Warcraft 3 and I love everything about Warcraft 3,

04/11/2018 19:37Posted by Sylvianna
I'm interested because I'm a bored and because a King Garithos of the New Lordaeron would have immediately attacked Quel'thalas in revenge for Kael'thas leaving him.

I'm not actually sure on this one. I personally believe that their would have been more of a Scarlet Crusade take over. Or at the very least, the Scarlets would have held a presence in Southern Lordaeron and probably engaged in conflict with the Syndicate.
Also Garithos did indirectly insult the Night Elves... I mean, Kael'thas talked about them to him and he ignored them. Pretty much couldn't believe in their existence...
04/11/2018 19:40Posted by Sylvianna
Also Garithos did indirectly insult the Night Elves...

I can't imagine Night Elves being all that offended.

They have never been shown to be offended by comments by folk who they don't know and no Sunfury has seemingly told a night elf that they were called a "fanciful excuse" which isn't even an insult that is remote directed or indirected at the Night Elves.

It was to elude to us that Garithos thought the Blood Elves were incompetent and weak.
But I was just joking! A comparison with Stormwind is not allowed in a Lordaeron argument, am I right? :P

Well you just allowed me to use it. And it seems that most if not all Human Kingdoms work the same so.

It would be stated if there was, and until you can prove me otherwise he is the rightful heir to the Crown. He was the highest known (if you want to be immensely picky) successor in the region. And if there was another one then he was unknown about. It would just be speculation to decide what Garithos's reaction would be assuming this is (which it isn't) true.

Leaving the Alliance is betrayal now? How so? It's an Alliance, not an empire...every race is free to leave when they want. Also the Second War was already over.

It could be considered a betrayal, hell if Saurfang is called a traitor then so are they.

Why did the Alliance betray the Blood Elves then? You even stated it was Kael what soured relations with the Alliance so Lor'themar didn't see them as potential Allies (very shortsighted I might add).

And just because the Second War was over doesn't mean the Alliance/Humans saved Quel'thalas, and for their saving they shut off their capital leaving them to die as well as leaving the Alliance because they didn't protect them good enough. I'd see that as a backstab and betrayal if you ask me, but that is my opinion on the matter.

04/11/2018 19:28Posted by Arctur
So, Yes, if Garithos had rebuilt Lordaeron, and if Calia were not interested in Lordaeron anymore, he would ascend to the throne and begin the Garithos dynasty of Lordaeron.

If women were allowed to inherit then I would assume she'd be first in line because she was older. Nor would she have been sold off to Deathwing. If anything a marriage between Garithos and Calia would solidifies Garithos's legitimacy to beyond questioning, once that soldier what tried to run off with her was flogged and subsequently hung for being a traitor ofc'.
04/11/2018 20:03Posted by Frozenshadow
If women were allowed to inherit then I would assume she'd be first in line because she was older. Nor would she have been sold off to Deathwing. If anything a marriage between Garithos and Calia would solidifies Garithos's legitimacy to beyond questioning, once that soldier what tried to run off with her was flogged and subsequently hung for being a traitor ofc'.

Not that he would need to marry Calia, mind you. Lord Ignaeus became King of Stromgarde by helping the good people of Strom, not because he married a female relative of Thoradin, especially since Thoradin's last descendants had already left Strom.
Why did the Alliance betray the Blood Elves then? You even stated it was Kael what soured relations with the Alliance so Lor'themar didn't see them as potential Allies (very shortsighted I might add).

Is it possible the Alliance forces on Outland at the time could have caught wind of the Sunfury's activities in Netherstorm, hence why the Alliance soured relations with the Blood Elves as a whole?

Now here we are, trying to make sense of TBC lore...should we spare ourselves the headache?
04/11/2018 20:07Posted by Arctur
Not that he would need to marry Calia, mind you. Lord Ignaeus became King of Stromgarde by helping the good people of Strom, not because he married a female relative of Thoradin, especially since Thoradin's last descendants had already left Strom.

It is just to keep the haters off our backs, and while he may not need it at the very least it would send a message for all to see. Lordaeron is united and not the Forsaken, the Dreadlords or even the Scourge will destroy them that easily.

04/11/2018 20:08Posted by Tánariá
Is it possible the Alliance forces on Outland at the time could have caught wind of the Sunfury's activities in Netherstorm, hence why the Alliance soured relations with the Blood Elves as a whole?

Now here we are, trying to make sense of TBC lore...should we spare ourselves the headache?

Ye it is hard to say really, TBC lore is so much fun! Did chronicles clear any of this up? Or the Legion Novel?
04/11/2018 20:12Posted by Frozenshadow
Ye it is hard to say really, TBC lore is so much fun! Did chronicles clear any of this up? Or the Legion Novel?

There was something in the latest Chronicles that gave more insight into Kael going barmy and Lady Vashj's intentions, but aside from that...I really don't know.
I have to be honest people... I really, really hope they give Malfurion something akin to his current WoW-Model.

I know people make fun of him, calling him "walking zoo" and other such names, but the model kinda grew on me and I really like it. It fits him.

And I for one wouldn't mind Malfurion to look like that, and Tyrande to look like her HoTS appearance(or the new one with silver eyes)! Shandris deserves a new, and proper model in the Reforged edition to, to be fair!
Wardens and other Kaldorei in high definition updated models! Already pre-ordered!
I just learned the news about Reforged and I am legitimately hyped. To be honest, it somehow felt long overdue, like an idea so obviously sound that makes one wonder why they didn't go ahead with it sooner.

I am slightly concerned with the whole retcon business, but eh, okay, it is, admittedly, a clever idea overall, as it could make folks that have already played the original consider bying Reforged.

I see that Garithos has already been mentioned here and I am glad, just because when I read about retcons he was the first case that popped into my mind, as his is among the issues I ultimately ended up having with the Warcraft 3 storyline. Garithos was a strangely ridiculous one-dimensional cartoony character of a villain in a game filled with three-dimensional, complex, interesting characters. He was the only character that lacked any kind of nuance, always being "LOOK AT ME, I AM BAD GUY, HATE ME!!1!" everytime he appeared on screen and that felt remarkably odd considering he was the last standing high ranking military officer of the Alliance in Lordaeron trying to survive in the middle of a literal zombie apocalypse, who logically should had welcomed all the help he could get, putting aside his prejudices for a second. Hell, he allied with Sylvanas and the Dreadlords later on, apparently forgetting his hatred for everything non-human. In conclusion, his character was the only case of a blatant, badly written, throwaway plot device in that game and the fact that he was the last named Alliance character to appear in W3 always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I do not advocate making Garithos less racist, but to add a touch of much needed nuance to his behaviour. Maybe expand a little on the whole "his town was destroyed by orcs while he was defending Quel'Thalas" explanation or something else.

Anyway, here's hoping Reforged is a financial success that will make Blizzard consider Reforging Warcraft 1 and 2 next. That would be a sight to behold.
05/11/2018 07:04Posted by Bazherak
I just learned the news about Reforged and I am legitimately hyped. To be honest, it somehow felt long overdue, like an idea so obviously sound that makes one wonder why they didn't go ahead with it sooner.

I am slightly concerned with the whole retcon business, but eh, okay, it is, admittedly, a clever idea overall, as it could make folks that have already played the original consider bying Reforged.

I see that Garithos has already been mentioned here and I am glad, just because when I read about retcons he was the first case that popped into my mind, as his is among the issues I ultimately ended up having with the Warcraft 3 storyline. Garithos was a strangely ridiculous one-dimensional cartoony character of a villain in a game filled with three-dimensional, complex, interesting characters. He was the only character that lacked any kind of nuance, always being "LOOK AT ME, I AM BAD GUY, HATE ME!!1!" everytime he appeared on screen and that felt remarkably odd considering he was the last standing high ranking military officer of the Alliance in Lordaeron trying to survive in the middle of a literal zombie apocalypse, who logically should had welcomed all the help he could get, putting aside his prejudices for a second. Hell, he allied with Sylvanas and the Dreadlords later on, apparently forgetting his hatred for everything non-human. In conclusion, his character was the only case of a blatant, badly written, throwaway plot device in that game and the fact that he was the last named Alliance character to appear in W3 always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I do not advocate making Garithos less racist, but to add a touch of much needed nuance to his behaviour. Maybe expand a little on the whole "his town was destroyed by orcs while he was defending Quel'Thalas" explanation or something else.

Anyway, here's hoping Reforged is a financial success that will make Blizzard consider Reforging Warcraft 1 and 2 next. That would be a sight to behold.

This. All of this my man.

Also, Garithos was actually just a plot device for the writers to allow the Blood Elves to leave the Alliance, and not much more. Essentially they just needed a character on whom they could pin the blame for an entire race to leave the Alliance without blaming other more famous and important Alliance leaders.

Indeed when his role with the Blood Elves is over as they escape, he disappears only to be mind-controlled like an amateur by the Dreadlord and then briefly working with Sylvanas playing him and dying as his own primary function in the story has been fulfilled already. So a plot device and a bad one at that as you said.
So Golden will work to develop Warcraft 3 story, making it more accurate to current WoW story. I have seen many bad comments about that, but I disagree. I'm happy that Golden will do it!

Because that means Warcraft will be not just Old Game with new cool textures... this game will also be a new experience in Lore!
We will get more details in a stories which we didn't had. This will be awesome!

Some love between Jaina and Arthas. Some more love talkings between Malfurion and Tyrande. Shandris will be there 2 e.t.c
07/11/2018 19:37Posted by Призраклеса
So Golden will work to develop Warcraft 3 story, to make it more accurate to current WoW story. I have seen many bad comments about that, but I disagree. I'm happy that Golden will do it!

Jesus, no. Please no.

I doubt anything good would come out of it if Golden gets her hands on story.

She has a reputation about humanizing everything. Look how night elves act whenever she got to touch them. I don't believe she has any clue of how this race especially should be portrayed.
Now apply that to Lordaeron. The nobility of Lordaeron has been shattered and it is stated that Garithos is one of the last, if not the last leaders left in Lordaeron. Lastly he is the (Baron, Count/Vassal I guess?) of Blackwood giving him the nobility status.

This ultimately means that Garithos is well within the line of succession to the Kingdom of Lordaeron, he has the support from the Alliance as well recognizing he is the last bastions of Lordaeron's government left in the region, he is the last high ranking military member of the army and has the full support of his army.

Explain this one off please

He is dead...

There is no successor.

Even as undead. Name one legitimate undead ruler in the lines of stormwind and loarderon.
Arthas is excluded for treason. And he was never ceremonally crowned, making him the eternal prince. Noone calls him King Arthas, but Prince Arthas or Lichking not King of loarderon

I guess undeads are not really welcome by the living in that position
07/11/2018 19:37Posted by Призраклеса
So Golden will work to develop Warcraft 3 story, making it more accurate to current WoW story. I have seen many bad comments about that, but I disagree. I'm happy that Golden will do it!

Because that means Warcraft will be not just Old Game with new cool textures... this game will also be a new experience in Lore!
We will get more details in a stories which we didn't had. This will be awesome!

Some love between Jaina and Arthas. Some more love talkings between Malfurion and Tyrande. Shandris will be there 2 e.t.c

I´m all for new details. Retcons on the other hand....