Warfronts Lorewise 8.1 ?

Should we actually count Warfronts Lorewise?
Each Warfront is an iteration of a battle which is happening with 3 different commanders.
On one of the iterations leader of the Horde is Rokhan, who is doing quests in the same time.
On other iteration leader is Muradin. He decided to came here just with a couple of dwarfs. Why he didn’t call all 3 hammers to battle?

In 8.1. Anduin saying that Arathi Warfront is still going. And yet he sends all Alliance armies to the trolls capital.

While Tyrande and Worgens sends an army to the Darskhores. After finishing all the quests Alliance celebrates a victory over the Horde on the Darshores saying that we manage to retake our lands. In the next quest Warfront Darkshores opens…
After another quest, in Nazmir we see an army of Night Elves and Worgens, who came to help Alliance forces.

So for me Warfrons are just like PVP zones. Place were we can fight, but Lorewise they are not actual.

1 Like

Yes

They die as cannon fodder.

1 Like

They will have to announce the canonical outcome of each warfront regardless of whether it will make one side salty or not. Keeping then in the eternal loop is hardly a satisfying storytelling experience and I doubt that the warfronts will remain after BfA anyway.

3 Likes

One of the Warfronts is the reclamation of Stromgarde by Danath Trollbane, a storyline long in the making. It would be madness if it weren’t canon, as well as a slap in the face to all Human fans.

9 Likes

I’m not sure where (I’ll find out what the source was later today) but it was half-confirmed that Warfronts were canonically the same as raids. Players can generate a different outcome, but at some point if will be confirmed who will win the Warfronts.

3 Likes

I hope not! Because let’s be honest Alliance commanders are much more stronger and more popular than the Horde one. Raids all become cannon. Changes only the side who close them.

1 Like

Warfront are canon and represent multiple battle, that start, stop and start again.

IMO Stromgarde is going to be an Alliance victory while Darkshore will be won by the Horde.

I’m just hoping we will know the outcome before they change their mind and release a 4th chronicles

3 Likes

IMO on Darkshores must be NE victory. Because Night Elves send all their race with all their heroes, all their leaders, and get buffed by Elune. + Worgens. While from the Horde side not all the forsaken forces were send. Sylvanas is not joining the battle.
If Night Elves will lose that front than this will means that NE are the most weakest race in game. No excuses. But if forsaken will lose, than they can say that mostly NE was fighting against undead NE.

As for Stromgarde, we know that Anduin sends Alliance forces to take trolls capital. That means Arathi front weakest. I guess Horde will win on it.

btw why can’t Alliance win on both? There will be other Warfronts were Horde can win. )

5 Likes

Maybe the horde can summon some servants of the pld gods with the help of Ashvane? Maybe the horde gets allied with N’zoth? What would NE All-Stars do then? Darkshore is a piece of s**t after the horde. I still don’t understand why Tyrande fighting for it. Anduin was right all the time… Damn you, Arctur!

But if all Kalimdore will be Hordes, than this means Hyjal will be also Hordes. That is the problem of mono-factions continents. Like what to do with Silvermoon or Exzodar, with Feralas e.t.c.

Darkshores are not represents a new home for Forsaken. Did you check 8.1 on PTR? Only trolls are actually live there from Horde side. Forsaken just use this land as resources for the front. Forsaken civilians are not living there!

As for the EK, Alliance didn’t touch Silverpine, Andoral, starting Forsaken village, Gilneas, Hilsbrad with Tarren Mill. Forsaken still have home. Their real home, not neutral faction home like in Night Elves case.

So it will be logical if Horde lose both Warfronts. Night Elves will retake their home - NE fans happy.
Stromgard retaken by the Alliance and then forsaken lands are taken by the Alliance - Alliance fans are happy, but forsaken and Horde fans are not.

Then 2 new Warfronts. Alliance try to take Barrents, and Gilneas. Horde wins a battle in both.
On Gilneas now its time for Forsaken to retake their home - happy forsaken fans with a win.
In the Barrents Horde finally will get ride of Humans from their lands - happy Horde fans.

Darkshores Warfront will be out in 1 mouth. There will be no changes to it. It will stay like this till the results will be announced.

It’s a home! After so much loses NE are broken. They almost lost hope. If NE will retake their home, that will rise hope and their spirits. That will help in a war.
If they will lose, than there will be no Night Elves race any more.

Tyrande did a right thing. They will win and survive as a nation, or they will die in the last battle of their race with much respect they can get from it.

1 Like

As of 8.1, the Forsaken have created a whole base there. And control several settlements. And are terraforming the place to the point it looks a lot like Tirisfal Glades.

And Forsaken civilians are living close. In Orgrimmar.

Wrong regarding all of them. Mission table.

What about: The horde wins both warfronts.
Kick Night elves out of Darkshore and Ashenvale and take its resources for Orgrimmar and the Warsong Offensive - Orc players happy.
Stromgarde is taken by the Forsaken - Forsaken players happy.

Horde fans are happy, but Alliance ones are not.

Then 2 new Warfronts. Horde tries to destroy Exodar, and tries to take Feralas. Alliance wins in both.
In Feralas, now its time for Night elves to retake some land - happy night elf fans with a win.

In Exodar, Alliance finally gets to drive Blood elves from their lands and kick out the Forsaken coming form Darkshore - happy Alliance fans.

Would you feel the same about that situation?

It may be the constant complaint flow, but i must say i’m growing insensitive to the Night elf plea with each passing week.

It’s not going to work. There are a few Alliance players that care about the Arathi Highlands, but there are quite a lot who are eager to attack the Horde in Darkshore, to take back the lands they lost during the War of the Thorns. Alliance players, especially the Night Elves fans, want to fight back and don’t want to see the Night Elves reduced to a few refugees in Stormwind doing practically nothing. If they lose again, many of them will be disappointed.

5 Likes

The Alliance will clearly win the Warfront in Stromgarde. You don’t really think that Blizzard would finally address Danath Trollbane’s storyline (one of the most popular and requested by Alliance players), only to have him lose against a minor Horde camp, do you?

Ar’gorok, what an asspull, it didn’t even exist as a settlement before Battle for Azeroth, unlike Stromgarde.

As for the Warfront in Darkshore, the Horde will also win. For once, Tyrande will be of some use to us. It sounds impossible.

Even Nathanos aknowledges that the Horde is losing on all fronts in Patch 8.1. Therefore, the Alliance wins both Warfronts.

Should the Forsaken or Horde players be disappointed instead then?

Yeah, i know its something extremely naive or even unfair to ask for a side to suck up with a loss in both settings.
I was just portraying a mirrored situation regarding what he said, to give some perspective and show exactly how it could feel.

Your answer proves my point: Nobody likes to lose again or have the short stick in a situation you feel invested in.

There needs to be some balance.

1 Like

Yeah, but the most night elf fans are still disappointed, because of undercity. That wasn’t a retribution all. I would say that both sides wouldn’t be happy at the end, because it seems that Sylvanas will be gone after that. I think it will be only fair after the blaming from MoP and Legion and the burning if Teldrassil to give the Night Elves something back. The forsaken got mucj screen tine in the current & next patch for it.

5 Likes

No they are not. There are no Forsaken bases there. Only a small goblins camp. Forsaken are not transforming it to their home, they are just cutting trees for recourses.
Maybe you personally want to see Darskhores as new home for the Forsaken but it’s clearly, that forsaken are not want it like that. They are not building houses there.

And again try to understand one thing. If NE will lose their lands, they will stop exist as a race. There can’t be a scenario were Kalimdore all goes to Horde, because Night Elves in EK will turn in to High Elves. Horde Kalmidore = means death to the Night Elves race.

Mission table is not a lore. On the Mission Table Alliance retake Lor’Danel, retake half of the Ashenvale, and prepare to assault on Orgrimmar.
But in reality Lor’danel is destroyed fully. And there is no Night Elves at all yet.

1 Like

They blight everything there. It seems that they want to transform it into their home.

Why they stop exist as a race. That doesn’t make no sense at all. It wouldn’t even be that worse if it would be the new home of the foraken. There are tons of great places in the eastern kingdoms for the night elves as well.

They did the same in Hilsbrad so that nobody could live there. Clearly they are not building a new home, they are just destroying this land.

Because when Night Elves moved to EK, they lost connection to the Nordrassil. After some years they have transformed to High Elves.
So if Horde will take all Kalimdore, Night Elves will stop exist after some years.

1 Like

There are. Most of the Forsaken military is already there. And their civilians in Orgrimmar close by.

They have other lands aside from Darkshore and Ashenvale. They dont need either to exist as a race. And if the Forsaken can move out of their territory in EK, why can’t night elves?

Yeah, i get you don’t like it. I suppose many players don’t like what’s happening to their race. Forsaken players don’t want their race to be homeless either.

They want Tirisfal and Lordaeron too, you know. And certainly, they don’t like being trashed back and forth or simply be expecting to lose everywhere or everything.

Hmmm…don’t think thats true.

Which points are you referring to?

Also, “The mission table isn’t lore”? Wow…thats some bold statement isn’t it?

They where highborne which lose the connection to their well and becoming weak like the nightborne without their well. The night elves existed before the world trees. So you can be sure that they dont transform into high elves, because they arent “high”