Warlock design going into next expansion

they already kinda said they were wrong about class design… kinda.

So we might aswell give some ideas.

They can look up all those long posts about class fantasy ideas that were made in legion for ideas

1 Like

I have played this game since Vanilla and mained warlock since TBC and I am not interested in any of that hogwash for Destruction you suggest.

I like Destruction being clean and clear spec with focused abilities and gameplay, instead of bloody salad of abilities Cataclysm style. Shadowbolt? Shadowflame? Get out of here, seriously.

As a whole Cataclysm “design” was atrocious - so many trash spells that thankfully got cleaned up in MoP.

well thats your opinion.

I guess people rather have a moba playstyle.
Thanks for the feedback

No, people rather have specs clear identity and gameplay that makes sense, that is why MoP overhaul was well received.

Destruction became Destruction with its own unique spells, focus on direct damage and clean gameplay and not Destflictionology soup it was in Cata.

What unique spells? You mean the stupid 3 minutes garbage while other classes got they CDs like 15 secconds or what… no… no buttons, no spells - devolution of class for years

I clearly mean spec specific spells where Destruction uses spells that match it thematically and not bloody corruption and shadow bolt soup of abilities.

Reading comprehension 101.

Also, as MoP compared to Cata has shown pretty well - more buttons != better gameplay. So let that BS rest in the grave. You people can’t go ahead and praise your patron saint Xelnath in one thread and go against all he supposedly represented in the other.

So you mean class fantasy? okay, we get it you dont like it +1

i never praised him, but his design was better than current.

Also, spamming chaos bolt, such wow, such amazingness… i feel its a really special spell when its 40+% of my damage.

Amazing design.

His design had Chaos Bolt at 60% and your Cata “design” was a piece of garbage all over the place. It was not design even by that point, just a mess of random abilities jumbled up together - that’s why MoP overhaul happened.

its a preference, mine is wotlk.

I get people like mop/wod, i dont mind either.

Just dont want legion/bfa one, specially for affliction.

opinions.

So, mop happened cause before everything was bad, why did Legion happen then?

Cause it was still terrible probably?

Flawless logic, MoP overhaul happened because the design team changed, it was a year of a lot of changes in the WoW team.

But like i said, opinions, nice that you enjoy current design.

Edit:
You are comparing a class design that had 10-12 mil vs one where subs started to bleed every single expansion.

Bring back curses and banes, remove stupid combo points, give demo some pet buffs like they used to have …

and METAMORPHOSIS!!!

Id like to see lot of stuff changed, anyone played DMC5? Style you play V is what I would like to see for pet classes …

2 Likes

100% disagree.

Although MoP had some good features, class design & new talent system destroyed WoW class ID. You can tell that from afterwards expansions, develop team struggles to give classes options and paths. Even that AZ traits and heart of azeroth getting revamped same expansion nearly a year after. It was in MoP when I heard my class leader saying “All warlocks play Destro so we can progress SoO”. And yes, all top guilds that using only destro (except 2 bosses some change to affl for more iconical dps)

Ofc we live in the era of internet and everyone will copy paste top streamer’s build but still old talent system was a beautiful delusion that most people enjoyed, and gave plethora of options. In vanilla there were more warlock specs than today.

What blizzard trying to do now is to keep hardcore players grinding (HoA,titanfore etc), as most of the old subscribers will update for a month until the realise the fantasy is gone for good.

And to be honest with you I never had useless spells, everything was needed somehow.

You mate stop spreading your misleading knowledge. You have few clues for vanilla and I proved that in another topic. Affliction in vanilla was supposed to be a support tree for shadowbolt and drain life. Ofc if the first time you played in vanilla server is after TBC you gonna complain because simple you dont know that we vanilla warlocks enjoyed it, even if tbc revamped and made it more fun. Stop QQ, Vanilla was fun, 8.1.5 is not for affliction, deal with that.

1 Like

this is also my opinion

Totally agree with everything here.

Also might i add that chaos bolt should go through ALL type of shields like a hotknife through butter like it did long ago.
This would inflict a slight fear in pvp where they would have to still be carefull if a Destro warlock was hanging around which is what the Warlock is truely about.

All those shields everyone got now especially those god darn Paladins and their dozens of different shield abilities while having no penalties in damage by using them.

Anyway, this thread should be a sticky in case devs see it.

2 Likes

You proved little to nothing. You basically talked about how certain builds were viable in certain HE raids that a very small percentage of the players actually played. Which is fine, but not exactly “good design” or “great class fantasy”. because one thing is builds being viable in raids (or in any kind of content), and a completely different one is the specc having a proper “fantasy concept” that makes it unique and funny to play. And in that regard, affliction per se did not have a “spec fantasy” until TBC, where it actually become a “drains and dots” specc in the proper sense.

There were viable build with a lot of points in affli, true, but those were all about buffing the “common spells” any build would use (corruption, shadowbolt, etc.) and less about the “affliction fantasy”.

In any case, I don’t see why you think it is necessary to attack me: I think affli is in its worst spot atm since vanilla. If you enjoyed it, its fine! No need to attack me. And by the way, it’s an opinion you have not even contradicted!

Yep, that is exactly the point of the thread… how the current build of affliction (and in general, the warlock) is bad and how can be improved. Your point?

Affliction from my point of view.

Single target:

• Remove Darkglare
  • Remove Deathbolt

Darkglare and deathbolt made aff playstyle this bad for me that I quit and wait for fixes.

When I think about what made Single Target fun for me in Legion it was when we could make use of “bonuses” like finding a way to trigger Sephuz during the fight, or finding ways to spread Agony during the fight to increase shard gen. This is what made it exciting.
My only issue with aff Single Target in Legion was the randomness sometimes, especially when you start with BL and hope for trinket proccs during drain phase.

Multi Target:
Legion playstyle was tremendous fun to me.

Seed, Spread Agony, trigger Sephuz, spam Seed, Shard snipe with Drain Soul/apply UA to dying mob, and so on. Loved it. Felt good.

I come to realize that big part of fun was to utilize Sephuz in an effective manner.

Ofc having gotten our slow ring taken away hurts us badly, too. IMO the Corruption trait should auto add slow.

Personally, I feel like destruction is at the same boredom level of affliction, but instead of running around and doting people with spells that are dispellable and don’t do damage, you have 3 spells to press, like a warrior.

I played warlock for a long time as well, but the current prune state for destruction feels like you have your core taken away and you’re just a sitting duck there, waiting to be head slammed to the ground by anyone who dares to glance at your side.

Next expac im not even spending a dime if i dont see:
Darkglare Removed;
Deathbolt Removed;
UA as a normal Dot;
Haunt as a shard spender;
Dot Duration increased;
Soul link and Demonic Circle baseline;

If nothing of this happens im done, that is a given.

I seriously can’t wrap my head around why Demonic Circle is a talent and why does it share a row with CC spells? Just make it baseline and put howl of terror there instead, it’s so dumb.

3 Likes

The reason I am attacking you is because in 90% of topics you complain about affliction and how bad vanilla was. Stop misguiding people, all 3 specs are bad atm just afflicion is at the bottom. Destro and Demonology are getting nerf after nerf.

Also, dot duration is fine. Self heal still is ok, affliction is better on tanking new boss atm, in arena he is unkillable, he just need more dps. Don’t see why why need howl as a baseline; aoe stun is way better, just need to be instant.

Played all legion without doing m+ cause demonology was bad at it - and i simple don’t like affliction cause is not my type. Before you complain think about affliction was on top of dps for more than 4 years.