Warlock is worse in 9.0.5

i want playable class that feels warlock even if they going to rework the whole class and invent new play style

6 Likes

I would rather a boring spec and high dps then what I have now

3 Likes

I generally will play what I enjoy then fotm. And warlocks damage is fine :rofl: I have a destro warlock and it does tons of dmg although I only play m+ with him.

I only play warlock donā€™t have experience playing other classes, keeping that in mind I donā€™t feel Warlock class is broken, yes many things need to change, but I find it quite fun and powerful class to play as is.

In PvE we top dmg, in RBG we also top dmg and in high demand.

In 1v1 scenarios we are weak against most classes, but you can compensate with skill.

Warlock is not easy to play, you have so many utilities to use for each different situation, but takes a lot of actual game play to teach your muscle memory how to use them properly.

I really hate the playstyle of aff in PvE, it is horrible, but Aff in PvP is very strong, so is Destro, demo sucks balls still.

They only reason you are picked in rbg is hearthstone and slow legendary. Thatā€™s it.
It is not because of the dmg, they also can take another boomi if they have a rogue to slow down enemy flag carry.
You is fight against double boomi, fire Mage, warrior or even pala. But I just figured twice against double warlock.

2 Likes

I checked your profile and you ilevel220 whereas im ilevel215 so there is an issue here with gear disaparity.

You are right, this is why they pick us, but because they donā€™t understand all the other utility and power of Warlocks in RBG and most just chase the ā€œmetaā€.

We provide so many other benefits aside from the perma slow, we have AoE stun, AoE fear and spammable fear.

The insane dmg we do if left unchecked puts a lot of pressure on the enemy team, it is what causes their healers to go oom in the big cluster fights.

I really hate that we donā€™t have any ā€œburstā€ when needed though, but this is where the other classes come in to finish off players

Yes it gets better the better gear you have in general.

Deathbolt could be good, if it would have 100% crit. Sometimes I hit for 8k or sometimes even for 19k.
But nobody expect those dmg numbers from me, so most of the time Iā€™m unchecked :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This is my story and experience from doing M5.

I donā€™t think it is a matter of better knowing class/spec. Warlock is IMO in mess. I can still enjoy it but I have played other specs and I can see it is not well designed or I would even say it was not designed, at all. Itā€™s abandoned, probably picked by an irresponsible dev member who got the class to work out because nobody else wanted to!
The routines are not coherent at all. Just an example, we have a buff for instant Dreadstalkers and yet the spell is on CD??? Sometimes I have only 2 secs to cast it but a mob gets already killed! To perform AoE, we need to cast a spell for Soulshards, sometimes Demon Core proc, sometimes not, then cast HoG to summon Imps and then cast Implosion??? By the time, Monk, DH or Mage will either destroy everything or cast instant AoE multiple times.

I might also be missing something but I canā€™t think of what would make e.g. Affliction so difficult. All it is about is DoTing + making sure of 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace at all times and using Rapture. I sometimes wait and wait and wait for another Soulshard Draining the boss while other classes topping damage! Oh and there is Darkglare on long CD. I canā€™t think of anything else we can do to improve our performance. Donā€™t get me wrong. I like the class but I donā€™t think this is a matter of better knowing it.

Just to compare Mages for instance can manage to top damage (similarly geared) by just spamming one spell. Itā€™s funny when their Lance or Pyroblast take over ~50% of the total damage. That tells me that there are specs which work and there are incomplete specs and sadly Warlockā€™s specs fall into that category. And mentioning Mages as an example does not mean I ask for simplicity.

7 Likes

There in lies another issue with Warlocks. Ramp Time. The most annoying useless mechanic ever forced on our class for the sake of balance. I can see this being semi-relevant in previous expansions due to our base haste values but with the squish our haste took a severe nose dive and now Locks are only viable for when we have ramped up but by then the mobs are dead and the team is moving onto the next pack. The next pack you want to get your dps in so your blow your cooldowns to avoid getting messages in the pink about how to play your class and then you roll round to the boss and everything is on CD and youā€™re left with your basic weak core toolkit (I am speaking from a Destro perspective but the ramp up can be applied to the other specs)

Remove the ramp up completely and let us be a damn dps class.

1 Like

This is true, Dreadstalkers having cast time at all is ridiculous and itā€™s all so slow. Besides Dreadstalkers loose a big chunk of their damage due to movement as well. Even if we ignore all the pet delay, I had them do barely anything at all many times.

I remember just on casual mob, slime in Maldraxxus, I threw instant Dreadstalkers (through the PvP talent), but by the time they landed where the slime was previously, the slime was in melee range with me and the dreadstalkers had to run all the way to me. This also is an issue in PvP because players can and often do just run around and in PvE I imagine this would be issue as well, the spell is just clunky as hell.

Not to mention as you and the comment says, the ramup is crazy. When you start, whether itā€™s world content, a boss or another player, when you first come at them you have absolutely nothing on you. HoG? Cast time ! Dreadstalkers? Casttime or at least clunky and ramping up damage ! Demonbolt? Only on random procs ! and when you manage to actually land any of these, the pet delay is still there and even if it wasnā€™t the pets still have to slowly ramp up the damage over the duration.

Like itā€™s true there is amazing levels of synergy (albeit very onesided), between the talents, itā€™s clear devs put thought into it but it all works mostly on paper. Sure you can pull numbers on it, even when but you can literaly do that with any spec that could possibly exist.

I imagine on pack of mobs this must be especialy bad, I donā€™t like PvE personaly, everything seems to die way too fast or way too slow and if you just throw Stalkers at the target and mage destroys it in meantime, I understand how poor that must feel.

I think there is no way out for the current design. And the burst is terrible too, in PvE surely it doesnā€™t effect anyone too much, in PvP the consumption spec is also still better and the demobolt spec requires legendary and covenant ability (two things that wonā€™t exist after SL) to work. Likewise Thalā€™kiel canā€™t come back either, as it requires singificant ramup still and also kinda goes against the whole point of building demon army by just using it for a window.

I feel this design is too contradictory to itself

Doing heroic castle nathria (not mythic) with an ilvl 210 destrolock and topping dps meter overall (second place) while usually being at least top 10 (top 7 on lady inerva, top 2 on artificer xymox) is honestly enough for me.

There is a serious amount of complaining in these forums. I probably just donā€™t see your point of view as Iā€™ve just started playing with SL (started with BfA for leveling before actually heading over to the latest content) and havenā€™t seen the apparent MoP prime-days. Donā€™t think you can really complain about the damage that much. In an ideal scenario (not mine though but a mythic raider Iā€™ve spectated the other day doing mythic inerva) Iā€™ve seen chaos bolts hitting on average around ~15k (highest was something around 18k iirc) in a very regular interval thanks to the cinders legendary and clever resource and rotation management.

Letā€™s see how things will develop! :slight_smile:

Look at the stats:

• Mythic:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/25#bracket=15
  • and Raid:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26

What I can see is that in raids only Affliction is very good, which I think makes sense because DoTs are strong in 1v1 situation when fights are long.

However, I can also see all three specs, Demonology, Destruction and Affliction, not performing that well in Mythics with Demonology being right at the bottom, Destruction in the lower-middle part and Affliction being slightly better but in high keys; when you filter output to see only low keys, all three specs are right at the bottom. I am not surprised at all as I exactly understand the reasons.

Itā€™s possible you top up the damage. Perhaps your friends made mistakes or struggle with rotation a little bit or there is a difference between gear. I think the website is probably more reliable because the numbers come from thousands and hundreds of thousands of parses.

Another point is the stats had been calculated from two weeks up to the time when patch 9.0.5 went live. I am looking forward to seeing new numbers again after some time.

3 Likes

my issue is mostly related to pvp

2 Likes

Ok here is the deal : NO ONE CARES about warlocks, 10 + years of devs proving this , and that they do not have a clue and that they do not even CARE about feedback given by thousands of people and ā€œproā€ warlocks , does not do it for you ?

People that do not play warlocks do not care about warlocks, even when warlocks are free kills , useless training dummies dealing 32 ticks with dots, they will claim that warlocks are FINE , if not OP and yet not a single one ever has a lock.

The moment ANY mellee class under performs by 0.0001% you get a uproar , everyone and their mother cry their eyes out how they can no longer roll head on keyboard and deal unlimited damage , Devs RUSH in to apply quickfixes , give melles even more mobility , even more damage, even more tools, even lower CDs.

Warlocks get a SINGLE, 1, UNO , dev that actually knows his s.hā€¦t , he FIXES warlocks and gets FIRED FOR IT.

Dude just deal with it , blizzard HATES , absolutely HATES warlocks cause simply they have no idea what to do with it , they NEVER did , is it a debuffer ? is it a dps , is it a magic damage dealer , is it a glass cannon , is it a tanky caster ? lets trow things at the wall see what sticks oh and if does not stick ? you will need to wait 4 expansions to get SOME changes unlike warriors that get 3 hotfixes with aforementioned buffs.

Deal with it , I know its hard, took me since TBC to get it through my skull , warlocks will always be useless cause no-one cares about them and everyone LOVES to blame them for everything , getting 3k dmg while feared ? everyone cries, fear brakes on fart.

Getting 100-0 during perma stun lock without even the chance to play ? L2P noob lock.

Re-roll now and see how vastly better every single other toon is , no joke, its not that everyone else is powerfull , is that warlocks absolutely SUCK and this will NEVER change

wanna bet 5$ that with 9.1 slow will be removed even though all melee have equal and better slow and 100 tools to stick on you 24/7 ?

4 Likes

69 gold on that

2 Likes

Playing affliction since shadowlands launch and can tell you that warlock is fine. From my understanding you have same issue i have. Dealing with double melee in 3s. Because of that i stooped playing 3s and started focusing on RBG and 2s where lock is good.

1 Like

thanks, now its gone

Demo ist the very best spec in Thorgast, and thats is all what counts in SL that advertized epic Choreghast everywhere SL showed face.

Irony aside, Thorgast shows how powerful demology could be, if blizz just increase some pet dmg and pet hp numbers, you just walk around and everything no matter its hp, passivly dies in a few seconds, no casts or anything.

I bet with half the Thorgast anima numbers demology would be S tier everywhere, despite some of its design flaws.

1 Like