Warlock legendary slow

So, i want to talk to the designer of the afflication warlock slow ! Who ? in this company, designed, after having 16 years of experience, a slow that stays FOREVER ?? You can literally get the debuff, use your heartsone, and yep, you did guess, it stays. It doesnt have cooldown, you can apply it on multiple targets (seems convenient for the enemy team on arena…).

Can you put like a cooldown on it ? They can just reaply it whenever they want. I think blizzard dont realize how much impact a slow (in terms of mouvement reduction speed) has. Mobility has a crucial impact in a competitive gameplay.

I can take the example of retribution paladin, yes they have an insane damage, but if they cannot connect, they cant do anything with it…

8 Likes

xD. (10 characters)

they can one shot you from 30yd range

also warlock isn’t currently S tier class… yes it’s annoying to play against, but be realistic… if you see a class (ignoring context - what you play) and think “yes, this is comfortable to fight against” then the class you’re facing is probably badly designed…

I do think that when I face Demo Lock.

Currently the Affli slow and UA dispels are the only thing keeping Warlock viable. And even that doesn’t ensure them any S tier or maybe even A tier placing. So while it has an upside not really that meta-relevant as other things.

1 Like

even with perma slow we get deleted by anything that gets near us. we port away, someone jumps on us, we port away again someone jumps again.
its like… how… what are we suposed to do in arenas? we cant cast cause everybody as 3stuns +interrupts, all we can do is be a cc bot for our team.

3 Likes

A fire mage complaining about affli lock. April came early this year.
You do realize that the spec is being kept afloat in PvP (and even there rather in BGs than in arenas) due to that legendary and the UA “dispel ward” mechanic? I’m surprised that you even faced some affli locks in arena…

Moaning about a slow, when you have 2 blinks, night fae blink, ice nova, ice ring, and can set up 100-0s with a sheep. Yeah, the warlocks slow is definitely the problem.

1 Like

So you want it the other way around? You stay at range and safely spam dmg on others while they can’t return dmg back to you right? I see…

1 Like

Him being a Mage doesn’t make a free perma-slow on the whole enemy team any less obnoxious to play against. It’s a stupid mechanic that shouldn’t even be in the game to begin with, no matter the overall state of Lock.

3 Likes

There are more obnoxious mechanics coming from S tier classes. So let’s focus on those ones before we ask for nerfs to classes that aren’t very strong.

and as I said:

“Yes my thing is op, but look at him, his thing is even more op” is such a bad mentality when it comes to balancing. A broken mechanic is a broken mechanic and should be fixed.

And it isn’t just “annoying”, it’s straight up obnoxious, especially considering the fact that you can’t even dispell it in 90% of the cases because you’ll straight up die from dispell protection. Lock class design is terrible right now and needs a rework so they don’t have to depend on something like that to survive.

4 Likes

This is very debatable. For instance as Sub Rogue I think I prefer facing an Arms Warrior, which is the direct counter, over facing an Affliction Warlock, even if I have better odds against the Warlock.

Being forced into RP walk by a 40y ranged spammable instant ability that also happens to be the top over damage ability and lasts around 28s with pandemic… that’s just not fun at all.

5 Likes

oh I never met this, what’s pandemic?

Pandemic is the mechanic that allows DoTs to last 30% longer than their initial duration of reapplied at or before 30% of their base duration. Of course, refreshing below 30% will just extend by the remaining amount …

Corruption, too, works with that. And so the slow follows as it is tied to corruption. Now that I type this I actually doubt whether abaolute corruption takes pandemic or not since this talent is so weird.

Anyways, 28s was actually incorrect. But I think you got the point. It will either be 24 or 31 at max (although it could be 28 actually if the pandemic applies to the spell before taking Absolute Corruption into account … blizzard is weird sometimes), which is in both cases far too long for a 50% slow, and in my opinion is the most boring and annoying mechanic to face in arena at the moment, even if other specs are more powerful.

ye, I don’t really share it
getting randomly one shot from stealth is more boring and annoying to me

also endless rogue restealths … like WTF
you can’t get Rogue from stealth nowadays even if you hit him… they just keep lowering skill cap for Rogues…
first they made it so even if you’re hit, you still can use stealth only abilities… and now, even if you’re hit, you don’t lose stealth…
what’s next I wonder? you’re immune in stealth?

I agree that something needs to be changed there. It is frustrating to play against it as a melee (ret perspective here, so it’s a mild bias).

But what it leads to is that - anytime I see a warlock in arena, it’s a case of telling my teammate - ‘OK, let’s be absolute dicks in this game.’ We perma line of sight the warlock, wait for an opportune moment to blow cooldowns, if we don’t get a kill, go back behind pillars. After having a some matches vs lock druid, I would happily line of sight those guys for hours just to waste their time and give them a middle finger.

And be very happy once my RNG lines up to one shot one of them, justifying the feeling that the RNG BS that is ret is absolutely balanced.

As a paladin you have BoF, and bubble. Thats like 12 seconds of no slow, which is more than enough time to get onto a lock, HoJ and kill. Maybe instead of saying how obnoxious the spell is, you should learn your own class.

And yeah, you just got schooled by a 1k Andy.

Lol… sure…

Paladin has enough windows to score a kill, yes, but you do not bubble just for the sake of removing a slow. The intention of the post was to highlight that the effect forces gameplay that is probably less enjoyable for both sides, and that potential change is needed. The same goes for the RNG slot machine that is ret.

This legendary is literally cancer in rbgs… The stupidity of it… slowing an entire 10man team for 30 seconds (sure it can be dispelled, but it can also be instantly reapplied). However, warlocks don’t have much going on for them otherwise.

This. Make warlocks the tanky spell casters as they were always intended and nerf this legendary. Warlocks definetly need some love, but not through this legendary…

?? :nerd_face: :man_office_worker: