Warlock or Shadow Priest?

I had similar opinion on affliction but now I love it.
I would recommend to make warlock, unless OP is interested in healing.

3 spec > 1 spec

But, just level both. It’s not long time to level and you will truly know if you like it, after you played end-game content. Damage meters are unbalanced in leveling dungeons and sometimes “fun” also mean “damage as we play it”, and you might be surprised that it doesn’t perform as well as in leveling content.

If you want the true dot game play, you have to choose aff lock.

Use a cookie cutter build while leveling and once you get into late game, have a play around. How do you want your fights to play out? constant dot upkeep and micro manage channels/bolts or go for a more RNG build with insta cast malefic and bolts?

p.s, I recently swapped to a proc based aff lock, Great fun.

1 Like

go for priest they buff and make it stronger each month
i dont know why but somehow priests are going strong enough to beat goku if you ask me

you are either trolling or dont have any knowledge of spriest, i dont wanna make a full paragraph on why this is the worst take so far in this post but yea

6 Likes

search youtube
and ask the good priest players in the game youll understand me
both pvp and pve .

actual troll xD there is no SP thats happy about s3 shadow priest, PI got massive nerf MD got massive nerf, im pretty sure the dmg got nerfed aswell and even if it didnt there would be no reason to bring a SP over a lock or something else when SP’s util get nerfed hard

Like please stop talking about a topic you got no knowledge about obiviously Max (Limit raid leader) doesnt play SP but im pretty sure he still has abetter understanding than you and the people that he talks to have a better understanding than you and they all say its looking awful

these 2 posts only goes over something they dont mention that the only thing that isnt a nerf to SP dmg was the tierset which is bugged and got nerfed aswell agian please stop talking when you clearly dont understand the basics of the spec

Too quote the sticky on the SP discord.

1 Like

Yep the unfortunate truth but i must resist i shall not fall

this in 10 characters

it is an insane spec for insane people (like me).

Shadow priests are wannabe affliction locks. Go lock.

I mean… just try both.

Level it… see if you like whats going on->make a choice->your opinion matters-profit.

I like neither at this point.

There are my 2 most disliked dps specs.

Shadow rework was not that good for gameplay, it did damage, now it was nerfed.

And warlock since aberrus has gotten nothing but bad changes overall.

1 Like

Left it a bit late TW bonanza is over, you could have done both with all the bonus XP flying around.
Anyway for years now there have been loads of locks for the first few weeks of every patch but they peter out by the end of the first month. SP on the other hand seem consistent prob because they been OP for a few years. Now they say SP is getting nerfed next time around but they always say that. What ever tho theres always a spot for a summon portal jockey in raiding. In general tho it appear the lock appeal doesnt last where as SP does.

Warlock gameplay is boring as hell, shadow priest on the other hand has one of the smoothest caster gameplays in the game. On the other hand tho warlocks has 3 dps specs while priest only has 1 so if all you want to do is pewpew then warlocks might be a better choice. This is however my personal opinion so your experience might be different.

As a SP I am going to suggest go Warlock for the next patch. SP has been nerfed and while I have not tested this yet my gut tells me we going to struggle a bit. If its casual you playing then choose which ever one you want. If its for M+ etc be weary about the nerfs.

warlock is tanky, has pets, has true DoTs and drains

SP has better pvp options and support spells

Warlock for pve
sp for pvp

1 Like

Warlock. It has 3 dps specs to specs to choose from while SP has only one and if you do not like healing and SP is nerfed to crap or they change the playstyle to crap then have fun with that.

Warlock’s only drawback to me seems to be you can’t play the human toilet masochist specs with it.

Same with you though, you said that warlock is super strong at all times. There are almost no warlocks in current m+ now

warlock is the only choice you can go several patches while being super broken while shadow priest would have been nerfed into oblivion by then since devs hate shadow priest

Lock is consistently at least a 1 of in every raid tier. Dungeons in S2 season I agree but it’s a bit of an anomaly given lock had a place in high keys since the start of Shadowlands otherwise.

Shadow is competing with tanks on the ptr for overall damage in m+ and bliz don’t seem intent on changing that with either mechanical alterations or tuning. It might, might be serviceable by 10.2.5 but that’s a long time to wait.