Warlock RAID build help

Hey.
I’m new to Warlock on vanilla, well… new to warlock at all. Never played it. I’ve just reached 60, I leveled him up 30/0/21. Should I change build now? I want to focus only raids, 0 pvp. Could you give me some advice, please?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/warlock-dps-pve-guide

If your spec is SM/ruin which it looks like it is with those numbers then that’s a pretty solid raid spec. Going affliction gives you 5% extra damage by sacrificing the succubus but I find being SM/ruin is good as you can use imp for the stam buffs in the tank group and void for the shield on some bosses

SM/RUIN and take curse of exhaustion so you can have some fun in pvp as well without respeccing. It is a very good allround spec imo.

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/3500200512201135--50500051220001

SM/Ruin Decent all-round build - you have survivability in the open world, you have the highest potential damage output thanks to nightfall (if you’re lucky enough to get a corruption slot in raids, otherwise it does marginally less damage than DS/Ruin) and can keep your imp out/phased for stam buff. You’re also not worrying about saccing a pet every few mins to keep your damage up.

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warlock/-03500501-0550205120505151

Machine gun imp destro spec… Do you have a decent tank? Great, grab a “Black Book” trinket from BWL (nobody else will want it and you can use item rack to swap it out to another trinket when it’s on CD) and let your imp do 250+ DPS while you pump threat with curse of elements, immolate, searing pain and conflag.

Is it mana efficient? No…
Will it do as much damage as a normal SM/Ruin or DS/Ruin (or even MD/Ruin) spec? No…
Will you pull aggro thanks to Searing Pain’s increased threat modifier? Probably…

But it’s fun.

SM/Ruin is amazing. Works in both PvE and PvP (I know you said that you don’t want to PvP, but I mention this just in case you happen to run into some WPvP…).
It does slightly less damage than DS/Ruin, which is the top PvE DPS spec, if you really want to min-max.

The difference is small enough for it to not really matter. Depends on if you want a pet out, or not.

1 Like

I went with Master Demonologist. 0/30/21.

I like the flexibility. If threat is an issue I can use the imp, if there is aoe dmg and threat isn’t an issue I sacrifice the succubus. If there is no threat to the succubus I have her out and attacking too, so I get 10% bonus dmg and the succubus dmg.
In raids that mostly means I sacrifice the succubus.

Our Twins-Tank warlocks have a spec that’s similar to my warlock alt’s. They use the +60 resists from having the felhunter out in the twins fight.

If you are allocated a raid debuff slot for corruption then sure play SM/Ru … Other wise DS/Ruin

DS Ruin is the most consistent raid spec.

SM Ruin if you get a corruption slot is fine but generally performs worse.

DS/Ruin makes most sense, but ask the warlock CL in your guild. Maybe they need an imp bot.

It’s less than 5% difference though, arguably not worth running to your class trainer.

Almost all raiding warlocks are DS/ruin. 9/21/21 if you get to spam dots or 7/21/23 if you tank emperors. Some variations exists, the most advertised one has 2 points in cataclysm and none in intensity; its more a matter of taste if you want to invest all in parsing (then take cata) or want more consistent dmg on trash (then take intensity).

Sm/ruin would be the BEST spec if your guild has trouble clearing content. The HP buff is not to be underestimated. However with most ppl doing 3 minute Emperors kills, DS ruin is in general the way to go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.