Warlocks suck at m+

Hi there.

I’m 447 ilvl, 70 neck, 7/8 mythic warlock.
My mythic avg logs are 84 and hc 98.
My RIO score is 1631 with quite a few 16 keys in time. I’ve played other classes to 2 - 2,5 score in past seasons.

My problem is…
I just can’t seem to get invited to 15 - 17 keys after switching to warlock! That unless my friends take pitty on me. They would prefer I play other classes for pushing keys (just like the rest of the wow community). But this won’t gear my warlock.

Thb. It feels like pushing keys is a thing denied warlocks.

“Please come play warlock in my raid, but don’t play m+ with me” : this is a what every non-warlock is thinking. You literally have to force your way into keys or sign up for over 100 keys - literally.

Please blizzard, make warlocks good in m+ again. We have 3 dps specs for fel sake. How can not one of them be competitive. Just check the lead-boards. Try to find a warlock in too 500 …

7 Likes

Warlock is not top tier DPS for M+. Affliction is trash tier.

Destro is alright. Not worse than any other class.

1 Like

1 day old method video rates warlocks as bottom ranged m+ class. Not to mention that ranged classes are rated as bottom m+ classes compared to melee :wink:

1 Like

Demo is great for m+, but got some disadvantages.

1. your got pretty long ramp up time, but when you get everything running… holy sh**, dps is great. you can counter that by chainpulling. so plan your route so that you can do that. kings rest can be sh**, because theres a lot of space between some pulls.

2. you got no kick. thats only counterable by your team mates (good communication) and maybe a tank pala (can kick a lot)

3. you really have to get a feeling how to play it. a good interface/weak auras are a must have. and getting used to the the rotation and timings. when too keep demonic core stack, when to use them. when to implode even if guides say otherwise (like use implosion with less imps, or using your tyrant with less than 9 imps if you need fast ressources for aoe)

If you want to know what talents/essences you should/can use, you can look me up in the armory. I know there are people who like the lottery build more (vop major). but my build contributes heavy burst aoe + good sutained aoe + very good prio dmg with tyrant.

edit:
I even commented in the video above. Even if its method, i doubt that a lot of thought has gone in the warlock rating. i would give it a 9/10 in dmg. or maybe for these extreme large pulls they wanna do at 21+ keys an 8/10.

i think that the rating they are giving makes sense when you compare it to the other specs which is exactly what they are doing, warlocks can do good damage, but you never see a warlock bursting 800k dps on big AoE pulls like an unholy DK can, or even bursting upwards of 150k single target like fire mages can.

the main problem for warlocks is lack of utility, other than healthstones, banish and res we dont give all that much

1 Like

Yeah, utility is our biggest problem. But method rated warlocks dmg as bad as shadows. Thats absurd. And as long as you are not doing these really large pulls, you can give demo a 10/10 for dmg. And thats for the most people playing m+.

I guess people dont know how capable demo is in dealing dmg because you dont see them very often and less skilled players will have a harder time playing demo.

Not that I’m the best player to begin with, but boy the amount of time I get declined when trying to join mythic+. I’m lucky if I get to join +8 and my Ilvl is close to 430

1 Like

Because demo doesnt have an interrupt or pet utillity making them very … useless for certain dungeons ( like shrine )

Then you could say that the biggest problem of this class is its perception in the playerbase.

My biggest advise in this case is: dont play with people you dont know.

I know there are people, who ,for whatever reason, dont wanna play in a guild and want to pug. Its an mmorp, the most fun you will get is by playing in a group with people you know, like and that are on the same skill lvl as you are.

Shrine is not a big thing, at least for under 20 keys.
It did a shrine +17 with guildies a few days ago.

Comp was: bloodDK, healpally, fire mage, warri and me as demo. Communicating through teamspeak was important and playing this key was so much fun and if we would have played this dungeon more often before we would have easily finished it +2 or even +3.

Just because we weren’t familiar with this dungeon (most people dot want to play it) and failed to get 100% trash clear when we killed the boss, we “only” did it in time, and not +2 or +3.

Who would you expect to be #1 in dmg when looking at the meta? Fire mage? Completely wrong. I, as demo, was 7k dps ahead at the end of the dungeon, even though fire mages dmg spikes where much larger than mine. But his spikes came less often and between these spikes my dps was much higher.

And we all are about the same skill lvl. All mythic raiders.

Kicks/cc never where a problem because we communicated well. And think about it… we only had 2 melee kicks and 1 range kick. And i never switched to my felhunter.

Sure, fire mage would have done more dps, i guess, if we would have done these large mdi pulls. we sometimes pulled 2 or even 3 groups together.

But how many people are on the same skill lvl as these MDI guys?

1 Like

Not surprising. Range specs are shafted by Blizzard since months.

3 Likes

The vast majority of players is not clearing mythic raids, and how much overgeared does the average player need to be to consider a +17 shrine “not a big thing” (rhethorical question)? 3 out of 5 people in a +10 dungeon don’t even have their kicks keybound. Or keyboardturn. Tough guess? Don’t think so. I pushed keys in Legion on my lock and switched to bloodelf only to have an additional silence in random groups, because people just miss kicks. Why would I invite a spec without a kick under these circumstances (yes demo dmg was OP once and I already said back then that once the damage isn’t OP anymore demo is gone cause there’s nothing else)? Nobody questions that demo can work great if… and if… and if… but currently there are classes that perform so much better without any ifs that warlock is ranked 2nd when it’s about the least played m+ classes. This is not a coincidence or a perception issue…

2 Likes

Thats why i tell people not to pug.

And DPS-wise its definitely a perception issue. Look at the method video. 6/10, on the same lvl as shadow? NEVER!

If people would at least know that locks dps great in most situations, even better than outlaw that ist rated with a 10/10 (i would never rate a spec with that much rng 10/10, sometimes you just her them rage about bad rolls over and over), they would have a better chance.

The only spec that really sucks at m+ is affliction. It may got a kick, but outside of your cd you deal no dps.

Hopefully, Affliction will be reworked for Shadowlands.

This late in the patch, ilvl inflation is real. 430 is nothing special and putting a key up yields usually overgeared players.

On topic, it would seem Warlocks need a little extra love in M+. Agree fully.

I mean you are talking about +15 - +17… people for those keys only take the very best specs and yeah there are simply better classes for high end m+ than warlock. someone has to be left out. People are always very very selective and specific when doing a random group for m+ let alone +15.

Try to level up your own key or do it with guildies. I couldn’t find a group so I just leveled up my own key highest I could.

cosidering that s[quote=“Sulfurgurke-antonidas, post:13, topic:118582”]
And DPS-wise its definitely a perception issue. Look at the method video. 6/10, on the same lvl as shadow? NEVER!
[/quote]

well this is being considered based on multiple situations, shadow does good ST and insane AoE without having to change much up in terms of talents and azerite, and demo is very situation on its damage, if there is movement involved for example demo struggles alot,

they have considered multiple situations and given it a score based on that, not just said that this spec is good if everything lines up for them, because that would mean every spec is given a 10/10.

shadow is easily the top DPS in dungeons according to a lot of MDI runners, it just lacks so other things that are needed like utility which is why they dont run it. and generally people who spend their time playing in MDI and analysing it professionally have a better understanding than most.

Yes we do. And I just want the weekly done only so I can focus raiding . Takes forever to get an invite.

until you get cc’d by something like the tree boss in waycrest just before you tyrant and your dps is now in the negative lmfao meanwhile destro or any other class just goes back to doing dmg while you have to ramp up from 0 top kek warlock is actual trash garbage in m+ destro is somewhat ok because of havoc, but why would you take a destro when you can take a DH or a rogue??? no point literally anyone trying to actually push their key would decline a warlock no matter what

I managed to do 18+ with my own key only. Well if you are focusing on mythic plus I recommend you to re-roll.

I have almost 1.8k rio and still get declined to 13s often. The utilities brought by locks i.e. battle rezz AoE stun gateway skip could easily be replaced by other classes.

Blizzard is torturing locks on purpose I guess, I mean I at least don’t wanna believe that the developers are that dumb.

And for those who says demonology is great for mythic plus, you are so wrong. Demonology is no way great it is just a relatively viable spec for locks to do some AoE damage. In high keys and high pulls, elementals, mages, DHs, rogues and many other classes melt them whereas you can’t even do a sustained damage and also it requires a ramp up time to do decent damage with impulsion and felstom which has a minute CD. It isn’t terrible but I can easily say that my alt arcane mage which is also at the bottom of mythic plus does way more and consistent damage than my lock.

4 Likes