Warmode and Alliance

You want even more welfare for alliance for having warmode on?

Whenever i do dailies in Uldum/Vale i get gangraped by Alliance raid, more then less every single day. Always like 10:1 ratio.

2 Likes

My realm/shard is absolutely infested with Alliance… yet THEY got the 30% increase.

Bit daft, should actively reflect the shard.

3 Likes

Zones are filled with alliance ganging up / corpsecamping on a 10:1 ratio thinking they are badboyz doing /spit and /laugh and /gestures.

2 Likes

And who’s to blame all those rerollers? Faction balance has always been close to equal across all servers (not per server basis). But number of pvp oriented people on horde is just greater than those who fancy alliance aesthetics, lore, races, whatever…
So again, blame faction for attracting wussies who are scared of pvp in the first place and instead rerolls to win faction, making issue even bigger.

1 Like

Every shard I am in always has tons of alliance and I often get ganked.

2 Likes

Horde seems to outnumber the Alliance 5 to 1 in WM. The bonus should be increased to 50%

No, killing chars with 1-4 hits is a lot of fun, especially when some 120s are trying to hunt you. Also I like reading compliments from people I hurt.

2 Likes

Now we are getting closer to the actual issue.

You may believe it or not, but the players are NOT making the factions. The factions are designed by Blizzard. Blizzard decides which races are on which faction, Blizzard decides which faction always loses and which faction never does. Blizzard decides which faction gets portrayed as the tough guys and which faction can hold the other’s beer.

So let’s assume Alliance does in fact attract more players who are not interested in PvP than Horde. Whose fault would that be?
The fault of the Alliance players who still PvP which you are openly attacking and ridiculing in this thread?
The fault of the Alliance players who are NOT PvPing? So you would rather they play your faction instead? Is that what you want?

I am not going around calling players who do not enjoy Pet-Battles impatient dummies for not liking this kind of content. I am not calling players who do not enjoy transmog sleazy cheapscates. As a matter of fact, everybody who pays to play this game should play it the way he or she sees as the most fun.

I can tell you who I THINK is to blame for it: The Horde (former Alliance) players who CLAIM to like a fair, tough fight but happily cling onto the faction that has ALL the cards stacked in their favour. What good is a 30% bonus if you cannot actually complete a quest because 20 Horde are waiting for you to land to GY camp you? The Horde, on the other hand, gets their 10% for NOTHING. They get it for being Horde.

You have the audacity to come here and call the other faction “lacking spine” while having 10 people at your back whenever you jump onto one single Alliance who dares to try and get a quest done? Yeah, that sure sounds like having amazing fighting spirit!

Why should the Pet-Battlers, Transmoggers and Alt-Levelers fix PvP? It is not their content. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with it. It is the job of players who partake in PvP to fix it. They are the community responsible for the imbalance. THEY are to blame. And they are almost all Horde. They need to fix this.

YOU need to fix this.

You say somebody who only fights when the numbers are in their favour lacks spine? By that definition the Horde has no spine. Why don’t YOU Warmode as Alliance and lead by example?

Is you not liking the faction in ANY WAY a “better” excuse than not enjoying PvP at all, no matter on which faction? Seriously, why do YOU expect players not interested in PvP to fix PvP-issues? Where is the logic in that?

If you went to a football match and the other team had 11 players while you were totally alone on the field, would you accept the explanation that this is totally fair game because you have 10 more fans in the audience than your opponent and therefore it is entirely YOUR FAULT you could not motivate them to come to the field and play?

Honestly…what kind of twisted thinking is that?

4 Likes

how are the horde players supposed to fix this?
are you expecting the horde players to go to alliance just because there is an imbalance?

I am only in WM because of the bonus and even on my alliance alt I am in WM for the bonus…

if there was no bonus, I would turn off WM

How can they gank a handsome tauren like you :frowning:

I was doing dailies in vale and a group of 5 alliance players constantly ganking and corpsecamping me and spitting and whatnot.

one of them a gnome ww monk who i caught “alone” and attacked him, and i got him down to 5% hp me being still at 90% so he paralyzes me and gets away, monk being monk im unable to chase him

only to come back with his team and continue their noobshow

this went on for almost 1,5 hour and by coincidence i have a alliance alt on the same server as this monk so i logged that char and whispered the guy

“Hey u guys are really great in pvp, any tips?”

• thanks no you got to practice a lot -
    “you should make video how to kill 1 guy with 5 guys”
    “honestly you are so bad they should forbid you to pvp”
    (ignored)
2 Likes

Nonsense. Just don’t turn it on if don’t want PvP.

The outnumbered bonus reduces single faction Horde shards. That’s its purpose, not compensation for being outnumbered within a shard.

Below is the ‘fix’, already provided by Blizz.

"If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184
2 Likes

This is funny.
:popcorn:

this fix requires blizzard to get rid of the bonus first, so players don’t feel forced into WM… and no: you can’t just say “you are not forced to do anything” or “just turn it off” or anything like that, because losing out on rewards feels bad… this whole bonus thing feels like getting less rewards for not being in WM, it feels like you are getting punished not to be in WM

The bonus is removed by WM off.

You are not forced, it’s a choice. WM on for bonus and variable amounts of time delay, or WM off for no bonus and zero time delay. Up to the player.

I just did.

Your choice to lose out.

If WM is so difficult, the bonus benefit is probably negated anyway. Turn it off for smoother more predictable gameplay.

Just a mindset issue, not a game issue.

2 Likes

Instead of 10% Horde (aka winning faction) should get bonus for killing players. Multiply corpse count twice or thrice~ because finding Alliance to kill is getting so hard that I feel like its reverse bias :rofl:

1 Like

no it is not…

you get more of timegated stuff, like coalessing visions and rep and other stuff you can only get a maximum amount per day…

you do have serious advantages if you do WM so you ARE getting punished for not being in WM, therefore the bonus has to be completely removed

PvP servers didn’t have a bonus either, so no reason for WM to have a bonus especially if the bonus rewards you with PvE advantages

PvP realms were not the amazing balance you make them out to be either. One of the reasons for war mode is to give those who are on totally imbalanced realms the ability to opt out.

The biggest mistake in my opinion was making the bonus count for anything PvE related and not PvP Exclusive bonuses. Many will turn on WM purely to get that 10% boost in AP/Resources.

When WM was first introduced it was pretty balanced but many had not experienced PvP realms. Some shard balancing also gave issues and the Alliance felt outnumbered and started turning it off. As you can imagine it’s snowballed from there. The more that turn it off the less people are left.

Not everyone wants to go out into the world in parties to do their quests, something I have had to do on PvP realms of old from time to time, especially when trying to do dailies.

Blizzard’s standard fix is to throw a bigger bonus at one side. So the Alliance frequently enjoy the 30% bonus and the Horde have never had more than the 10% standard. It clearly isn’t isn’t fixing anything but as long as we get more AP/Resources that we need to progress in PvE, players will keep using it.

3 Likes

Well, that’s why it’s on/off, can turn on when beneficial, off when not.

Turning on = the player is taking ‘risk’ of time delay, bonus compensates the time delay. I see no reason to remove bonus, just because a player wants bonus without risk. They do not belong in WM anyway, because WM on = accept PvP.

WM has a bonus to encourage players to WM on. PvP servers did not require a bonus because PvP was always on. Two different situations.

The PvE bonus is to compensate time lost when in a world PvP environment. If players use it to try and gain PvE advantage, that’s ofc up to them. But they have no reason to complain if PvP happens.

1 Like

no it doesn’t compensate… it gives you something extra you CAN’T get without WM/which takes longer without WM like visions or rep… rep -> essences, so you get essences faster for being in WM which means you get it slower for not being in WM -> punishment for not being in WM

exactly that is what I am talking about… they want to bribe non pvp players into WM because reasons I guess… yet they are surprised, that players complain about being camped in WM even though they don’t want to…

to be honest, I am only in WM for the bonus too…

though I have been on a PvP server for a long time…

not really why do you need a bonus for that, I don’t see the reason for the bonus except for bribing players who don’t want WPvP

if players like WPvP (1), they WILL turn it on, players who don’t (2) will turn it off, however the bonus negates that… and makes (2) turn it on… while (1) is annoyed about the complains…

so the only way to help both parties is to get rid of the bonus completely then only (1) will turn it on, while (2) will turn it off it might also help with balance…

if it is true what all the alliance players say about WM being free bonus for Horde, then the probability of (2) being in WM on horde side is extremely high…