Warmode is 100% failure

Needs 100% rework. Every place is empty no matter the server or timezone. More people duel WM off :rofl:

4 Likes

Had fun tonight doing kill res kill res kill at the Bastion PvP quest. Good times! They should put multiple pvp quests per zone!

Problem is that Warmode is extremely selective depending on server your characters are located. On some realms every area is empty no matter where you go WM on. So there is something very wrong with phasing or sharding tech. And something tells me WM problems is the last thing Blizzard is ever going to solve.

I wm in between random bgs, so when come out of bg shard changes, gives nice variety.

It needs bigger rewards, especially for other stuff except a little gold and anima powers. In Korthia there is literally no reason going warmode because all you get is bit more anima that you don’t even need by that point.
If you could at least get more artifact research and better items…

I think it’s to reduce the amount of people turning on wm just for rewards. In BfA most Horde turned wm on for reward and so was very unbalanced. In SL Alli have had the 20%+ bonus only a few times so less reward seems to mean more balance.

Then why the hell spent time developing a feature that you dont want players to even participate in? WM is failure. I go WM on to Elwynn and you see couple people near gates. Goldshire is also empty. Then I take WM off and there is over 50+ people at Goldshire DUELING. XD

1 Like

Without rewards, what’s the point of it?
Waste even more time in doing the same boring daily quests because you get ganked constantly if you’re in a bad phase, and have to walk back to your corpse every 2 minutes?

If i want to do pvp, i’ll join an arena or a bg, definetly i don’t want to waste my time with a completely unbalanced pvp experience, this isn’t vanilla anymore.

On top of that all PvP servers were destroyed.

Well, thinking back to BfA era forum complaints when we had more WM rewards…

Players turning on WM for bonus and quests was disliked and blizz criticized a lot for encouraging it. WM was a lot more active during BfA, and those that complained did not like so much PvP happening everywhere. The more PvP, the more chance of being outnumbered. And especially being outnumbered by people turning on WM just for quest then WM off. A big dislike.

We still have the bonus, but not the PvP quests. And that seems to have calmed WM down to the point no one on forum complains about too much PvP happening. But there’s not really any PvP anymore except in hotspots at times.

And now the complaints, tho very few compared to BfA, are about not enough reward. I guarantee you… if rewards were increased back to BfA level, the WM forum would liven up but it would be complaints about too much reward.

So it’s a no win situation for blizz hehe. What we have now is basically a middle ground. No WM quests, but you do get the bonus, and that is a reward eh.

The current WM allows for a little extra “danger” when questing basically. And you get a bonus to compensate for time lost while dead from PvP, but overall prob works out as extra. Now and again there’s a fun flare up of PvP. I’m happy to just mess around in WM. But, I miss the BfA levels of WM activity, I found it a lotta fun.

No the dislike was because just one faction had the quest (ally) and the other (horde) got nothing.

And the reality is simple, world pvp is currently not fun. Either you’re ganked or you gank in group, depending on your shard. That’s the issue.
We all want back vanilla world pvp were everyone was in the same phase and you could call help and see everyone, and we can’t have it. Nowadays unless you’re in a group, chanches are that you can’t even see your guildmates trying to help you, despite being in the same spot.
Can’t work like this, and can’t work like this when you can’t balance shard population in real time to keep a 50:50 in a zone.

Ye part of it was that, but there were also the weekly call to arms quests. Players turned on wm, did quests, turned it off. Much complaints about that, and prb why no CtA quests this expac, or an equivalent.

Alliance still actually get the Against Overwhelming Odds quest you are referring to, but only when the Alliance bonus is 20%+. And the reason that is rare in SL, is because no CtA quests. So, it appears that removing those rewards, but keeping the bonus, has more or less brought balance to WM.

Except now there’s no PvP. Ye there’s flare ups, but nothing compared to the awesome chaos of BfA hehe.

Increase rewards, would return us to BfA level of activity… which sounds like what you don’t want, since there were a lot of imbalance complaints at the time. And sharding is what it is. Perma imbalanced PvP servers had to go. There is no community aspect to WM, those days are gone. And 50:50 balance in a zone was never a thing. Epic bgs are for that.

For majority that WM on, SL WM is just a way to get some bonus and have a little more “danger” in a zone as consequence, while still be able to go about your business for the most part. That’s the design, and that’s what achieved, therefore SL WM is 100% success as intended :slight_smile:

Its just so backwards. Again at Elwynn WM on nobody there. I take WM off and 50+ around me dueling… This game is gone. Really. What kind of idiots happily duel WM off without even any PvP Talents. This is insanity.

Hmm, when I go to SW gates in WM always plenty around. Sharding, shrugs.

WM is not a failure - gear difference is failure. In BFA with scaling WM and WPvP was pretty alive.

Warmode need rewards,and not only conquest. Cosmetics,mounts, titles. Also 1 week penalty if you turn off. So you can open,and after one week you claim rewards. One other think that they could do is an enemy player reward honour only if you do lets say 20% hp so not worth 20 people gung 1.

Only because the quest was worth the effort. Otherwise the benefits are very limited, and the effort may be a lot depending on the shard you end.
Spending 45 minutes to do a quest because the shard you’re on is 95% horde vs 5% alliance isn’t fun.

Even Ion said it was sharding. If there was 95% horde somewhere was 95% ally. Thats why i turn off WM in BFA everytime that i don’t need it, cuz daily quest is 5-10 ally delete 1-2 horde players.

I doubt any changes to wm rest of expansion, blizz have shown no interest in it. Possible reason, barely any complaints about wm while at same time blizz are maybe happy with its engagement level. Why make a change to something they feel is working ok, when not much complaints, and when any change, whatever it may be, will for sure result in forum fury hehe! Especially since there’s so many viewpoints on what wpvp should be like anyway. Impossible to please everyone.

This happened due to new changes.
Now, to turn off the warmod, you just need to be in a resting place. To turn it on, you need to be in the capital. That it, some very smart person forces the players to turn off the warmod and makes it much more difficult to turn it on than to turn it off. I assume this developer has pink hair and a Lil Peep T-shirt.

At the moment, because of this “innovation”, the nowm mode is teeming with players, and few who understand that MMO is about playing with people, they just ride around an empty location. Great job! Can someone fire guy who made these changes?

WPvP should be ubiquitous and forced, gear scaling in pvp should be ubiquitous and compulsory.