Warmode is no fun

Dear Blizzard,
Just want to share some thoughts on the game or more like on one specific part of it: Warmode. I do not think it is in its best shape right now for the following reasons:

• In case you are ganked on your lowbie and you want to bring your alt for a painful for other side payback you always have to go to Stormwind/Orgrimmar to turn warmode on… Oh how many times I know people were coming to the zone only to understand they have warmode off and they have to make all the way back here once again…
  • Warmode on/off is really bringing lots of confusion if you are playingwith someone. If one person in the group has it turned on, while the other one - not, it is impossible toquest together/summon others…
  • In order to get the most from leveling people are almost forced to change to warmode on… For a leveling person it is certainly means ganking… For instance, I am playing only PvE servers, PvP I do very rarely and only on my 120-s. I want to be able to get max buff for leveling even while busy with my PvE aspects of the world…

Would be great to see some changes done to it in the Shadowlands…
Thank you!

Easy solution: if your alt has WM on, turn it on on your main aswell. No need to go Stormwind/Orgri. If you get jumped often on the alt, move your main nearby before you log your alt, so if you get ganked, you don’t have to travel much with your main for payback.

Get decent unit frames which show who’s WM on and off, and you can quickly adjust before venturing further. When I’m in group with others who have WM off, I usually turn mine off too. Playing with others is usually more beneficial than the warmode bonus. Turning it back on is a bit of a hassle, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay for the benefits.

…and live with the consequences. If you get ganked often, turn it off. You won’t get the experience boost, yes, but you will be able to quest in peace, which makes up for it.

5 Likes

Hi Tinkspring!
thanks for your attention to my post.

30% provided by WM is very significant, don’t you think?
Additionally isn’t the old system, where the person was choosing the play style from the very beginning a better option in this case (by choosing PVP or PVE server)? Just why not to give everyone equal possibilities in leveling?

I often get too excited about doing something together and I just 1notice too late about the WM turned on. Or for instance the person joins through LFG for mythic+. He appears right near summoning stone,where it is just you and him. One person has a WM turned on, another one not. And thats where the hassle begins… It just really unfortunate that you can’t see each other even if you are in the same group.

It is. But if you’re being camped, an extra +30% of 0 is still 0, while with WM off, you could finish quests and earn more XP than that. If the ganking isn’t all that severe, then just brush it off and go your merry way.

No, it wasn’t better. Currently, if I don’t feel like I want to engage in PvP, I can just turn my WM off. And there are times when I feel like that. Like, 3am in the morning, I really don’t want to be bothered, I just want to pick up a few things and head to sleep. I can do that with WM, can’t with PvP/PvE realms. I mean, I could go on a PvE realm, and turn PvP on most of the time, but… back when this was the case, hardly anyone ever had PvP on, unless they were the dominant faction. That’s not very fun when you do want to engage in PvP combat.

So nope, WM is better than the PvP/PvE servers of old were.

Pretty much all summoning stones have a resting area somewhere nearby, so you can turn WM off, summon everyone, and either turn your WM back on after the run, or summon yourself too, hearth back to Boralus, port to SW, turn WM on, and accept the summon.

A bit bothersome, yes, but to get the benefits of WM on, you do need to have some downsides too, otherwise the benefits are incredibly unfair to those who opt not to turn it on.

1 Like

War Mode is fun if you like WPvP imo, and that’s kinda the point.

3 Likes

I think the biggest confusing is there are two different phasing one with Warmode ON and one with OFF. Some days ago I had some pvp experience with some hordes in goldshire. I had Warmode disabled, and had to do a /pvp to I could attack them. But if I turned Warmode on in Stormwind to attack them, I was in a different phase, and they were gone. Turned on off again now I was a different phase then the first time.

That means they weren’t with war mode on. War mode has different layering.

They just had pvp on.

I do wish you could turn it on in rested areas like you can turn it off there. I’m not sure if it’s a technical problem or whatever.

Yeah this is super weird. I like to do stuff with my friend who always has WM off, but we keep forgetting, so I have to turn it off, or he needs to run to the capital city to turn it on.

Risk vs Reward. Questing with WM on should ALWAYS yield better rewards. For example, how long does it take you to finish an assault with WM off? 10-15 minutes? Took me 2 hours because groups of Alliance kept killing me. In hindsight it was probably more efficient to do it without WM.

2 Likes

It’s because if you’re in the middle of a fight in, say, Nazjatar and are being pushed back to your base you could just all disable it to shard away and re enable. World PvP would be even more of a shame if that was possible as basically no city and no base could ever see PvP action since people could always toggle it off and then back on in a second there.

They don’t currently do that because when they remove it they have to go to the capital to enable it again.

2 Likes

Ahh, yeah that makes sense. When you put it like that it’s probably a good thing it works the way it does.

This Warmode is either broken or rigged. Where ever I go WM on there is nobody anywhere ever…

Why the hell they destroyed static working PvP servers and communities over this?

1 Like

dont really work though.

Alliance are complaining they feel requirement to switch it off at 120 due to the Vast imbalancing in Warmode. due to multiple factors

• AD being a LARGE alliance playerbase but cut off from our Warmode.
  • Factions naturally imbalanced in horde favor.

Horde are complaining they cant find anyone to kill.

Wpvp just dont work in the format WOW has it…

alliance dead faction.

its not a bug, theres Just no alliance in Warmode lmfao. Welcome to faction imbalances and what they cause.

pvp servers Were just as dead in Open world PvP LOL. they basically scaled down to the poiint where they were entirely 1 faction sided…

Tarren mill was litterally 98% Horde.
kazzak was 99% Horde.

they eventually just flopped to the horde overpopulation.

Its not a Warmode problem. its not a WPVP Problem.

the problem is the Underpoipularity of the alliance faction entirely.

Well, a good time for Alliance wpvp then.

This is not Alliance or Horde players fault. This is Blizzards system design that blows.

1 Like

The bonus the alliance get varies based on horde to alliance participation, 30% as we know so far is the maximum benefit we can get–this would imply that theres a staggering amount of horde compared to alliance actively using warmode, so when you think about it. At worst its catch up for the fact you can basically write off warmode as hordemode :slight_smile:

Probably just me, but i dont think spending 3 times longer on wq getting ganked by horde raids is worth 1/3 more reward

Since you consider that WM aint fun,then go the other way which is WM Off for more fun.
/solved (?)

Best change would be to bring back PvP realms but its not happening any time soon.

1 Like

Warmode was fun at the start of bfa when the factions were more balanced but now its just watching cowardly horde and traitors who switched side farm “free” kills while wondering why their bg queues are insanely long and why nobody on alliance wants to do warmode anymore.

My problem with that solution is that some specs like shadow priest are extremely unfun to play without pvp talents which is the main reason i hate this expansion so much.

Took a few months break and its even worse the state of warmode and the game in general is just sad.