Warmode is pointless for alliance

Slight racial adventage doesn’t really matter in 1v1 PvP, but it causes huge numbers adventage, as people want every edge they can get.

Sharding does not work the way you stated. If it was, then during assault when players are cramped together in relatively small area either of two things would happen:

1. you are in balanced shard, and you constantly meet same amount of horde and alliance players
  2. (horde only at the moment) system couldn’t find alliance to counterbalance, so you meet literally 0 alliance players. Null. Nada.

This would be fair. But it is not this way. Today I tried to do warmode assault. There were countless horde players in my nazmir shard in assault area (60+ is my estimation). And literally 2 other alliance players. No need to mention that I couldn’t complete this assault?

Racials may or may not affect overall region balance, but WM Shards are faction balanced so racials are irrelevant to shard balance.

The shards are not faction balanced on a small area like a subzone, or assault area. Therefore there could be for example 40 Horde concentrated in one spot at an assault, and 10 Alliance spread in that subzone, with 30 Alliance spread in some other part of the zone. I’m not sure, but assume a single WM shard covers all BfA zones. If that’s the case, player distribution is an even bigger factor. I’ve chased enemy players from one zone to a neighboring zone anyway, so that proves WM shards are not limited to a single zone or subzone. LfG groups are biggest factor tho.

When a WM shard seems unbalanced, it is likely an LFG zerg group camping the area, or too many allies from your shard have joined LfG groups, or natural distribution, or a combination - complicated huh, and different per WM shard.

Assaults are more likely to have a zerg group or two because it’s a focal point. When an LfG zerg group forms… those players are no longer visible on their own shard, but are adding to another shard. If each faction is doing that, you can see how shards could look unbalanced depending on which shard you are on. This is fluctuating, players constantly joining and leaving groups, leaving their shard, returning, on an ongoing basis + complication of natural distribution depending on things like CtA zone and popular wqs.

You have several options when badly outnumbered, but one of them is to join an LfG group, which sends you to another WM shard, possibly with more balanced numbers. There’s no reason to fail to complete an assault. I prefer to try and form a counter raid tho, always fun if can be pulled off.

1 Like

This is so absurd I refuse to believe that there’s even one developer in blizzard who would even fathom this. By this system 100+ horde zerg on assault zone is counterbalanced by 100 afkers in Boralus.

I tried grouping, usually there are 2-3 groups per assault, 2-3 people each. No match for dozens of horde swarming every quest spot.

The way I usually complete assaults is that I wait untill the very end, when most people are done with them. Then I can easily kill off any enemies I meet 1v1 or 1v2, as at this point chances of them getting help when trying to run away is low.

I can’t say for sure it’s all BfA zones, but at minimum the WM shard comprises the BfA continent you are on (edit: nope I think it’s just the zone, but still.). So that’s quite a large scope for player distribution.

A % of those players will be leveling, so they are just spread out. Another % are wq-ing in general. A % are at specific wqs like the azerite and emissary ones. A % are WPvPing. A % are AFK. You can see the potential for spreadage, and then we have an assault which naturally leads to clumping in that subzone during its course. And LfG is another factor. Lots of potential for a fluctuating population and distribution - with a base shard faction balance.

Sometimes it’s hard to form a counter raid. That’s just part of WM. Battlegrounds are for fixed numbers in a subzone. WM is not a battleground. It’s chaos, many factors affect difficulty - a challenge!

The easiest way to retaliate, is to form your own group, then you have control over the group title - which makes or breaks your group forming. For example, name your group “4 Bounties Tiragarde Assault” - you should get a raid going, unless a competing raid in LfG.

Takes patience. Members will leave as other join - but when you hit a critical mass of raid members, maybe 15+, then members tend to stay in raid. Not always easy, not supposed to be. Tactics like avoiding enemy raid until you have enough in your raid helps. As well as LfG, use local defence to recruit, nearby allies, your guild, community, friends.

If there’s 100+ Horde at an assault in your shard, there could be 100+ Alliance in another shard. And every other shard with random distribution. 100+ enemy at an assault will just be a lag fest though, and I never saw that. If outnumbered, I usually see more like 30+ Horde, which doesn’t lag me. But at every assault it can be different, sometimes outnumbered, sometimes outnumberer. Assaults are long as well, will fluctuate over its duration.

If you join a group, you should normally leave that shard. Luck of the draw to get a better enemy/ally number. It’s all part of the fun though.

Consider joining a WPvP guild and /or community. Fun to do assaults with players you know.

1 Like

I will join, thank you.
Although I believe my point still stands. Having to do lfg mind games to bait people into joining your zerg, when horde is zerging by default without even forming 5 mans is an issue with the system.

1 Like

Awesome! There is potential for more community in WM, we just need to put the effort in, have patience, build things up, be proactive, inv others to your WPvP guild and/or community.

The WM system provides a framework for WPvP community - we are the ones that have to make it happen, despite the complication of sharding.

Way I see it, there’s more than one approach to WM assaults, and we might take a different approach depending on how we feel, time factors, other factors.

1. Speed assault - just want to get quests done and get out. If outnumbered, shard hop is most efficient.

2. WPvP assault on a time scale - want to get quests done, and do some WPvP, but only have short time. If outnumbered, LfG is great for quick battles. Join or form group depending on faction balance at assault.

3. WPvP assault, much time available - did quests, just want to kill enemy for hours. Best situation for this scenario is, a large enemy raid on your shard - you actually WANT it for number 3. You have time to recruit from multiple sources, time to build up a raid, time to break the enemy raid, time to camp them until they disband, time to control the assault area, time to break the bounty hunter raids before they get too big.

Community is more important for number 3, and it’s my fav. I try to create group starting in my WPvP community, and use LfG to pad as needed. It’s more fun to raid with players you know, but also a more stable group than pure LfG. My community is small tho, need more! Would be great to not need LfG!

LfG group name depends on situation, if there are a large number of Horde at assault, multiple bounties are highly likely even if not currently - can go in group title. I tend to change title a few times during raid, to whatever I think will best attract members at that time, gotta try stuff.

The important thing is to be aware of the player types that will join depending on your LfG title… avoid questers, with general titles like “WPvP Tiragarde Assault”. Questers will leave raid as soon as they realize the consequence. You have to get past that hump of players not joining your raid because it’s too small. Takes time, gotta use your guild, community, friends, local defence, nearby allies, and LfG. Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won’t… can’t win em all!

As players, we have the choice how much effort we put into community - the WM system works, it’s a framework, it requires some effort and co-op to get the benefit. Finding the co-op players, that’s the key!

2 Likes

lol, next time, try to make the trolling a little less obvious buddy.

1 Like

Just remove sharding completely the game will be much better then :slight_smile:

Sharding actually ruined open world more than anything else in t his game it’s such ashame this is the route they want to take.

1 Like

Lol, i see only allys in wm, ratio maybe 1 hordie / 10 ally, even more when 400 ilvl wq is active. They all turned their wm off.

“I demand world-pvp to be fair 1v1 where alliance/horde are kind and allow me to eat and drink up before we engage in PvP”. “Its Blizzard’s fault that I do not group and try overwhelm or outmaneuver the opposing side”.

Well…haven’t seen these threads in a while so I suppose it was time for another one to pop up eventually.

2 Likes

I suggest that Blizzard should give to “poor alliance players” that are outnumbered a full mythic set+sockets on all items. You really deserve it. Also, i suggest a daily AOO with a reward to be minim 425 ilvl. I really support poor players that cant enjoy the game…it makes me feel sad.

1 Like

We deserve what we get :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was ganked by groups of 5+ Alliance on 3 different servers (in 3 different server groups) while doing the last 3 or 4 Assaults over the past few days on my main here and alts.

How is Warmode pointless for Alliance when you guys can outnumber us in a zone, at different times of the day, and still have a larger % WM buff?

2 Likes

some server have ratios of like 16 ally for 1 horde, look at silvermoon for example.

personally id enjoy more enemies to fight

Server is not relevant to war mode, we are all on faction balanced shards regardless of server.

I can see the same. 30+ alliance against casual hordes who keep their WM on as a habit I guess. The rest decided it’s no longer worth.

Tons of hordes and only few alliances.
The only time I turn WM on is when i’m in a group with guild mates or IRL friends (which is rare nowadays).

The way I see this it’s fairly balanced. Sometimes there’s an alliance group kicking our butts and we then form a counter group to kick their butts. And vice versa.

1 Like

Which usually creates the sharding imbalance in the first place. :scream: Going to be a s**t show in Nazjatar during the resource scramble with LFG tool around to mess up the balance.

What the LFG tool does are overloading shards, causing massive random phasing issues… which will happend alot in Nazjatar. People who fight a Elite might phase into a different shard at random due to overload tresholds reached etc. If the random phasing won’t happend people will instead have the “early day Assault lag” just on a grander scale.

When phasing happens it can be jarring, but it’s obviously necessary. In my experience it’s not something that negatively impacts WPvP, especially since it’s occassional.

1. Queue jumpers - if someone has potentially waited an hour+ for a queue, NOTHING must prevent them joining. Yes it can be abused, but regardless of opponent’s reasons - I consider it a win for me.
  2. Unlocked or single faction locations - phasing is a necessity here. Avoid location or accept the location’s quirks. Open to abuse, but again, if opponent phases out - a victory for me.
  3. Enemy group phasers - this is a necessity, players have to phase to same shard when they join a group, no way around it. Some prefer the ol’ days before LfG, but this phasing is part of what makes WPvP active in War Mode. While I love 1v1, I’m always looking for enemy groups - so when one phases in, I consider it a benefit to me.
  4. Faction balance - WM auto balances players in a zone, a necessity. PvP servers were notorious for unfixable imbalance, WM shards are the solution.

The above is just my opinion, but there’s more than only the negative way of looking at phasing. Overall what we end up with is a game mode that provides almost guaranteed action - random anything goes WPvP. Love it. :+1:

See what anonymous players think of WM in my WM activity and satisfaction survey!

1 Like