Warmode supposedly horde favored

Alliance even gets bonuses for it. Why then, though, does it feel like I get put into alliance layers exclusively when leveling my horde characters? The Maw is literally permanently camped by alliance at the entrance in every layer I get into, I just got ganked by a group of like 10 players upon entering Maldraxxus for the first time with Threads of Fate active, alliance have been massively favored in Revendreth and Ardenweald every time I entered those zones no matter the character. What’s going on here? Are people legit still cheating the system by layerhopping?

9 Likes

My understanding is that the horde stopped turning WM on because there is no reason to do so at the moment.

1 Like

That’s fair. Why’s the system not being updated then to give horde the bonuses, if WM is essentially just horde alts trying to level and getting ganked in the process by raids of hungry level 60s?

1 Like

and yet the alliance still gets a 20% buff and has roaming death squads in nearly every zone atacking any horde on sight.
I think blizz just thought it would lvl off on its own. And as usual they were wrong

It’s not hard to understand, Alliance is heavily outnumbered in pve and pvp, just because on some shards, probably the ones linked with silvermoon you see more allie that dose not mean there aren’t other shards that are probably 90% horde.

Horde has it very easy, a huge pool pf people to choose for raiding, pvp, m+ etc, while yes allie get a … 20-25% bonus in wm …

2 Likes

the huge pool of people horde has to pick from has nothing to do with the wm bonus(assuming that same pool of people mainly plays in wm off)
so how hard or easy it is for horde to make a m+ or raid means nothing for the bonus and the pvp only effect if it is done in wm

2 Likes

I mean warmode is basically horde favoured, I’ve had the prompt 3-4 times in the span of an hour playtime from Zo’sorg saying: One of the horde’s soldiers has been butchering your allies. I suggest you remind them of your superiority AKA Horde assassin (Different person from a different party of players every time) :weary: and the one time I went to kill the bounty they were a raid group at the w-pvp WQ sooooooooo, still horde favoured tbh.

HOWEVER I’ll admit the alliance participation has notably gone up since the bonus is down from 30 to 20% which would imply theres more alliance in WM, though I fancy thats probably questers more than level 60’s (Going off experience so far)

Just start camping them instead.

2 Likes

It’s not hard to understand, Horde is heavily outnumbered in pvp on my shards, just because on some shards, probably the ones linked with draenor you see more horde that does not mean there aren’t other shards that are probably 90% alliance.

Alliance has it very easy, 100% of alliance players receive Instant bg queues, 50% honor increases from pvp, 25-30% additional warmode bonuses, previously used to even ge free hc gear from warmode quests for an inconvenience that only some alliance players experience

Seriously, try telling people on rp realms, oceanic realms and what appears to be an ever increasing amount of horde on eu that they don’t experience the same exact BS sharding that you do.
The difference is, only 1 side get’s benefits for it.
Horde who experience the same sharding as you deserve the same bonuses you get for your “inconvenience”. The alliance who experience the conveniences that you think ALL horde players experience do NOT deserve their warmode bonuses.

4 Likes

Okay, so I never been in favor for either Horde or alliance and have friends on both sides of the coin, and some of you (mainly alliance) here simply have the wrong idea in general.

• PvE advantage - PvE has nothing to do with PvP content. The best argument for this would be to check the queues for PvP content like RBGs - as a player who enjoys RBG content, finding groups doing this on Horde side for the previous expansions has been LITERALLY impossible. You had 1-3 groups tops searching people - and most of them demanded 2.2k experience ++. On the alliance side, on the other hand, people could enjoy RBG pugs in any experience / CR level, pretty much whenever they want. This has evened out better for this expansion though - now both factions have plenty of groups to choose from. (thanks vulperas?)

• The actual H/A ratio - Hordes are favored on the overall ratio (depending on where you look, the charts look like EU might be about 54-58% horde and 46-42% alliance) - however - there are LOADS of factors that affect this. Racials are one factor, but Horde and Alliance racials have been just about equally balanced for PvE content (check Bloodmallet) while Alliance maintain the advantage in PvP (look at the top arena players). And, arguably, the most important factor is aesthetics - which is the only explanation as to why elves are much more popular than other races (the absolutely 3 biggest ones being BE > human > NE which is stated from Statista 2019). I do not have any solid statistics from after the introduction of Vulpera, which supposedly had a lot of alliance swap side (?).

• Regarding warmode - so I recently had 3 alliance friends from different servers do a faction change (one from draenor, his character is still there - another one moved to Kazzak which is a big Horde pop server - and the last one plays on Stormscale, another big Horde pop server). All of these 3 play(ed) with Warmode active, this was their experience:
    The guy from Draenor obviously got his butt kicked. There were alliance everywhere and he could not for the love of his life do anything in peace. It could take more than a day before he even saw another Horde player when he had Warmode on - as a result, he stopped having warmode active after 4 days.
    The two who moved to Kazzak and Stormscale were under the impression that Horde were bullies… … Until they had a taste of the alliance camping outside Venari and the ganking squads outside Seat of the Primus, Ravendreth and Ardenweld. Despite their belief, Horde remains vastly outnumbered in open world (WM on) - and Alliance squads are everywhere. Sum stones, world quests, covenant story quests, you name it - you’re outnumbered no matter where you go (unless there is nobody there in general).
    The guy on Draenor is a HUGE PvPer (which is why he didn’t bother to server change) to the point of where there is literally nothing else in this game that intrigues him. He does nothing but whining about Horde queue times and the (lack of) honor gained by Horde (very well stated by Vuhdo above, he’d agree 100% despite being a 99% alliance player - as do I).

The warmode bonuses were supposed to compensate for the poor balance regarding H/A ratio in WM - but if they want to apply this bonus, then they should make it flexible and shard-dependent like the old Ashran bonus from WoD. Just like Vuhdo states - why on Earth is it fair that alliance that experience the very same advantage that introduced this bonus to begin with get to keep their bonus even though the tables have turned? I was absolutely 100% for the bonus when it was introduced because I didn’t like the way alliance, as a faction, was bullied out of Warmode during the start of BFA and thought that if that bonus could help even out the scales, then it would be worth it.

But now, as a result - Alliance are in the very same position as Horde were in during the start of BFA. It really is not strange that the vast majority of Horde players (excluding rogues and druids) turn off their WM and forget about it when we receive a 10% increased exp/gold/anima gain while we have to wait for the huge amounts of alliance honor farming squads at every WQs, instance or flight path. The tiny amount of gain from the bonus is heavily out-weighted by the extra time we have to spend either fighting or hiding from the massive groups of alliance.

I generally play with WM on at all times, on Kazzak, as Horde (and believe me, we are not at a number advantage here when WM is on). I don’t mind getting ganked and zerged on occasion, that is a part of the game. But the poor balance of the Warmode bonus makes me consider turning it off just in order for Blizzard to see how much they messed up. It is absolutely hilarious that we’re massively outnumbered on ONE OF THE BIGGEST HORDE SERVERS RIGHT NOW and still receive a MUCH lesser bonus than the alliance. :smile:

So, I’ll say it again: make the warmode bonus flexible. Whichever is the dominating faction on a particular shard / layer should not receive twice the reward of those out-numbered. I’d even argue to re-introduce the flat stat-bonus too for those outnumbered (although I already dread in terror for outnumbered rogues, druids, tanks and well… Any class with decent gear).

2 Likes

Silvermoon shard is my main shard, which is aids as a normal player leveling.
You constantly get ganked by some lvl 60 from some 5 man PvP group.

There is no Silvermoon shard, only War Mode shards.

Yeap, I agree.

Even the guy who came up with the idea of WM rolled his eyes when he was talking about WM.
And that was In his good bye speech on youtube.

Why is it you are on every single thread about warmode threads talking about something you clearly have no clue about?

Servers are still shared clusters in shards, seriously i’ve seen your name multiple times regurgitating the same nonsense that servers don’t matter in warmode. You have absolutely zero knowledge on how sharding and servers work so just stop making stuff up.

There is a reason draenor and stormscale players on my friends list wanted to join kazzak shards in BFA and still ask to join my shards in SL despite me refusing to turn warmode on ever again as long as i remain on kazzak.

Since the introduction of warmode servers were split into 2,
Silvermoon WM OFF
Silvermoon WM ON

Those in WM off share the same clusters the server always has, with people who have WM OFF on other servers.
Those in WM ON share the same clusters the server always has, with people have WM ON on other servers.

There is no 1 giant WM ON server and 1 giant WM OFF server, seriously, just stop your nonsense. We all know why you regurgitate your nonsense because you don’t want to lose your precious free bs bonuses. Just stop it.

1 Like

I said shards plural, not one WM shard. My understanding is that the zones are cross realm, and that your zone is auto split into shards depending on number in zone.

Can’t find any info to support that except reddit, forum, etc. There’s people saying it’s region based. And I see wide variety of realms in WM. Maybe time zone is a factor. Could WM just be regular CRZ + sharding? With Silvermoon not needing the CRZ? I dunno.

Can you link where you got your info that Silvermoon has its own WM? If I am wrong it’s good to know, I do actually want the right info, but need a link to Blizz or wowhead, etc. on it.

The burden on proof is not on me here, you’re the one who’s constantly making widely inaccurate statements when you’re even admitting you don’t understand how it works.
Would you also like a link explaining how water is wet and why it gets dark at night?
I’m not scrawling through ion video interviews to find you something that you should already have watched yourself before you start pushing your bs on other people.

If you cannot comprehend that servers remain servers with WM on and WM off then that’s your own damned problem, but stop pushing this nonsense to other people.

Why do you think the auction house doesn’t change when you toggle wm on and off? because you’re still locked to that server regardless of if you have wm on or off, you don’t magically transfer to some mega server when you put warmode on.
Surely if what you say about there only being 1 giant mega server for warmode we would have a warmode only auction house since auction houses are server locked. Why is it we don’t ever see a warmode server option in auction house data? Why is it my realms auction data is always correct regardless of my current wm state? Perhaps because regardless of having wm on or off i am still on my server?

You think the login servers were different for people with different warmodes for kazzak draenor and silvermoon on launch? No, they were the exact same. Actually, going by your logic EVERY single server should have had these queues then, not just those 3 servers because it’s all 1 big giant wm server right?
They wouldn’t have been offering free realm transfers for certain servers if it was all 1 big giant mega server would they? No because that would achieve literally NOTHING.

If/when your server goes down with warmode on, shouldn’t by your logic every single person in the eu region who has warmode on be unable to log into the game? No that’s not what happens it it? Because warmode is not a single global server, it’s your own damned server with warmode turned on, that’s IT.
NOTHING else changes. You are STILL in server X and those servers still share the same clusters with the same servers they do with wm off.
That’s all it is, mass phasing locked behind warmode toggle.

The only thing that’s region based is war mode bonus.

It doesn’t care what shard populations are, it doesn’t care what server populations are, all it looks at is how many people in eu horde have warmode on and how many people in eu alliance have warmode on, that is literally IT.
It doesn’t even distinguish between RP servers and regular servers which are ENTIRELY separated from regular servers for WM.
So for RP servers despite being 80% alliance populated, the alliance still get given the warmode bonus because horde on regular servers have more numbers, despite never having anything to do with their warmode.

The oceanic realms are the exact same, 80% alliance dominated but they get counted in the US region which has more horde players overall so oceanic realms get warmode bonus.

EU + US regular servers also suffer this where there are lots of shards that are alliance dominated but they still get given the bonus because a god damned regional number just looks at global data that is totally irelevant to the situation and unjustly rewards ALL of a single faction for reasons that don’t even exist for a good number of them.

It’s not a competition, if you have the info somewhere I just wanted to see it. Because it seems like there’s no info that specifically states how WM works. I go based on Reddit, forum, etc. and recognize that’s not definitive. Therefore we are both speculating. But when we walk around zones and consistently see people from seemingly random realms, observationally WM appears to be cross realm.

AH and trading between players is realm restricted yes. But just because it’s set up that way, doesn’t mean WM is restricted to your realm. Except in capital cities you are on your realm mixed with WM off players.

I didn’t say that. I said as far as I know, WM is cross realm with zones split into shards depending on the zone pop.

He makes stuff up, because he has nothing else to go on.

I’m not giving him anymore of my time, especially when you know it’s just going to be like the above where he cherry picks one little bit to argue against despite everything he cuts out already contradicting his argument.

Alliance player downtalking warmode, nothing new there, i wonder why all you see is them crying about losing every bg, how horde apparantly have the best racials, go on about pve etc but when it comes to war mode they never seem to have any issues with how it plays out, i wonder why. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Um, you’ve yet to show any evidence for your own points of view? Saying WM is server specific just because AH is server specific does not make much sense. Isn’t that just “making stuff up”? There must be some official statement somewhere on how WM sharding works. Would be good to know for sure. We are both speculating.