Was flamed because NO DPS HEAL

implement some passive dps for druids so that there are some numbers in details so big dps jerks can s t f u.

On top of it the noob tank was pulling every add his butt could get into. DD’s thought that the ghosts are some kind of toy you need to hug.

So yes I could switch to boomy and press my convoke if I’M NOT CONSTANTLY TRY TO SAFE YOUR A S S

You mean like sunfire?

3 Likes

yeah or flying kisses.

But what is the alternative? Letting everyone die because I wasted my cd on some good dps numbers and let myself get reduced to nothing by those jerks because they died?

The amount of damage you do as an rdruid relates directly with the amount of healing you don’t have to do, while you can certainly fit sunfire on every trash pack you won’t be able to cat weave or get any proper damage going if your group is taking large amounts of damage to avoidable mechanics such as missed kicks, poor tank mitigation management, or spiteful shades. To illustrate this, the average HPS requirement of a 25, 26+ dungeon is usually equal to, if not LOWER than the average +15. Healers have more time to do damage because they have less to heal.

In single target though, especially on bosses where tanks can mostly take care of themselves, it’s worth investing some time to work out how much you can sit in cat and dps before you need to do anything else. Getting used to mechanic timers so you know when to pre hot people is a big part of playing resto druid in keys, and something you will want to learn as you get higher up.

4 Likes

Ty I calmed down and decided to put my heal to rest. As dd I’m just a anonymous number among three others

Personally I think heal and tanks should have a debuff while in group that they hardly do any damage. This would let tanks and heals focus on their job and makes it easier for them = more healers and tanks.

No… just no. It’s not 2004 anymore. DPS matters, for everyone.

2 Likes

oh hi mrs disci priest with a damage output fits perfectly into her healing skills. If healers are supposed to do dps make it balanced through all specs.

Or nerf:
-sham
-pala
-diszi

I find it funny that a tank would complain others don’t do AOE DPS. Tanks have the most brainless AOE spells in the history of gaming itself. Most of them spam 1 or 2 buttons max and they already have their max potential DPS and actual DPSes have to grind between 6 or 8 abilities with mathematical precision to be optimal.

Which one of DPS specs have to weave through 8 abilities to do aoe damage?

1 Like

None. The lvl 10 monk likes to portray their imagination as facts.

I wonder if some of you even play the game; and you have the audacity to give lessons to people; you should stop typing and listen before you attack others with your lack of knowledge.

Having 2 or 3 DPS cooldowns (which already make rotations complex since they differ between CDs and non-CDs rotations): we already “beat” tanks on the amount of buttons and then…

Please tell us which dps need to grind between 6 and 8 abilities to be optimal in aoe situations.

1 Like

List at least 3 classes that do not need at least 6 buttons to AOE. Do not cheat by subtracting the cooldown buttons, they are also buttons/abilities/spells and they even change the rotations too when they are used VS when they are not used (something tanks very rarely do).

Don’t reply to a question with a question. You made an assertion. I simply asked you to back it up.

You said most tanks spam 1/2 buttons. I play prot pala with consecration, crusader strike, judgement, avengers shield, shield of the righteous as my rotation. I’ve not pressed a single cooldown yet. No seraphim, no wings, no self heals and I’ve already exceeded your proclaimed button count by multiples.

My contention is what you’re saying is factually incorrect, prove you aren’t.

3 Likes

Since when asking questions is considered as giving lesson?
Anyway if you really think that DPS rotations including cd are more complex than tanking you’re delusional

3 Likes

Ele shammy: chain lighting > earthquake
Fury war: whirlwind > continue st rotation
Shadow priest: mind sear > searing nightmares

Regardless of the fact max is going to call every damage cooldown any of those specs have rotational abilities, shadow only swaps to a 2* button rotation for standard aoe beyond 5 targets. Before that it’s a pretty tedious mix of ST and AoE abilities depending on pull size and estimated kill time.

Stop the presses everybody, we have someone that debunked the Socratic Method after 2,500 years of being valid.

And they legitimately are. It’s not only because they objectively are categorized as spells and abilities so it’s unfair to exclude them on the get go, they also change the rotation itself for a lot of classes (if not all) and you are right about the number of targets too: most tanks (if not all) don’t even care if they have 3 or 5 targets: it’s just “lol just spam the 2 AOE spells” (e.g. on mage I have the care about nuances for 3 and 5 and 8 targets etc.).