Watch Shadowlands: Story Trailer

Watch Shadowlands: Story Trailer

Enter the realm of the dead and confront the true threat to life on Azeroth and beyond.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Not going to officially announce release date for us on EU then? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really? Is this the best you can do?

/s

1 Like

some people are never happy lol

3 Likes

So it’s as people suspected and Sylvanas wants to remove the ‘sorting hat’ system of the Shadowlands. I absolutely hope this isn’t eventually twisted to be a ‘noble’ motivation, as it’s clear that anyone in the Maw–including herself–are there for a reason.
But of course she had a taste of paradise in her first death, before she was yanked back, so it’s only natural she’s being selfish and trying to grab that back for herself. She’s never cared much for anyone but herself after becoming a Banshee.

1 Like

I wonder if we will get more information about what exactly happens to a soul when it becomes twisted into a banshee. If Sylvanas received a taste of “paradise” when she first died, something must have happened to her soul after becoming a banshee for it to have been deemed only fitting for the Maw on her second death.

If that is the case, this would be a very unfair system and I can certainly see justification for “fixing” that.

I’m pretty sure it’s the stuff she did after regaining free will. She back-stabbed the last living people of Lordaeron after they retook Capital City, she developed or at least had a hand in developing the Forsaken Blight—a weapon easily worse than a Mana Bomb, and according to sinstones in Revendreth the guy who made the first Mana Bomb should have gone straight to the Maw for it.
I think Sylvanas perceives those actions as reasonable, because she was dead-set on revenge against Arthas, but they were still horrible atrocities. If she thinks the judgement of going to the Maw after her suicide was unjust, she’s wrong, and she’s only made that judgement look more and more fitting since she returned from that first trip to the Maw.

3 Likes

I just don’t want that whole “burnt elves alive” thing to be swept under the carpet due to some grand design of hers. She effectively reenacted the atrocity that birthed the Banshee Queen in the first place.

5 Likes

Plus her slaughter of Forsaken people simply for having the hope they could maybe reunite with the living peacefully.
Not nearly as bad as the burning of Teldrassil, but still really scummy.

3 Likes

Here we go. Queue the nelf tears and the Sylvanas hating.

Oh boy I really hope she gets a redemption story.

6 Likes

Sylvanas redemption inc!

Take that, haterssss!!!

3 Likes

She has to answer for Teldrassil one way or another. If she doesn’t, then she will be nothing more than Warcraft’s Kerrigan. For context, Kerrigan was responsible for the genocide of billions in the StarCraft universe, and continued her murder spree even after she was free from Amon’s “corruption”.

I am a massive fanboy over the StarCraft plot, but my goodness Kerrigan is such a poorly handled character. They set her up as a tragic villain so well in SC1, but then totally upended that for some ultra weird romance story in SC2.

4 Likes

Sylvanas is looking like she is going to be the hero and im all for it.
She does not deserve the maw.

6 Likes

Poor Nathanos, another Horde sacrifice.

5 Likes

Victory For Sylvanas

4 Likes

I’m not nearly invested enough in this story to hate or love any of its characters. I do have my opinions however.

From a strictly narrative point of view, there are repeatedly themes of either redemption or comeuppance where Warcraft’s antagonists are concerned. You’re welcome to hope for the former, but personally, her becoming the mirror image of Arthas was rocking the boat too much for her to simply have a redemption at the end of the road. I hope they take that somewhere interesting.

1 Like

We all have our opinions. The problem is that this type of story has become a tradition for the Horde. Her being redeemed would be, at least, original.

Not to mention that I’m annoyed they literally left Forsaken to rot. No leader, no capital, no idea where we stand. And worried that we will be turned in another goody-goody faction and become another one of the Alliance’s ugly buddies, I want our proper nasty leader back.

2 Likes

The only thing that caught my attention is Tyrande’s arc. Tbh this is the only thing im excited about this expansion. Shows how starved Alliance players are to have a leader that is not shadowing a Horde character for once.

Go Tyrande

3 Likes

She’s finally getting the kill she should have got back in 8.2

3 Likes

Don’t get me started about the Night Warrior scenario.

Malfurion and Tyrande, not 1 but BOTH of them, simply the 2 strongest (in power, knowledge and experience) on both the Alliance and Horde, how they BOTH couldn’t deal with that maggot right then and there almost made me uninstall.

Anyways, they are doing her justice in SL (i hope) and i hope she’ll be the one that put the last arrow in Sylvanas’ head along with her maggot lover.

Also, what a breath of fresh air for the Alliance, a non-human character getting some dialogue.

6 Likes