Watch the WoW Q&A at BlizzConline Today at 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET

Right.

We have a thread. People ask hundreds of different questions. Some get lots of upvotes.
Blizzard asks some of them in the Q&A.
And those questions obviously matter to the people who asked them and upvoted them.

Then it’s a bit tiring to have the forum sidekicks come in every single time and go: “These questions didn’t matter at all because I didn’t care about them!” As if the entire universe revolves around their personal preferences. The entitlement is staggering. :weary:

The race customization was a major selling point of the box product. I think the ongoing patches are meant to focus more on the Covenants and further customization options there (new armor sets, Covenant mounts, etc.).

At least, they aknowledge that :
-The Horde is the best faction as regarding raiding, thus people saying Alliance is viable are being debunked by Blizzard themselves. Nice.
-They at least recognize that nobody should be playing a faction they don’t like. That’s a really good point there.

They’re keep saying no and on the same time “nothing’s being impossible” so… XD

Blizzard is aknowledging the Alliance is no longer viable for mythic raiding.
Therefore, nobody should be telling me that I should have stayed on the Alliance side, since Blizzard is openly saying that the Horde is the superior faction for raiding (That was an obvious fact for years)

2 Likes

retail wow questions were like 90% lore questions… almost 0 questions about gameplay were taken to the devs… : s

2 Likes

They confirmed no new options for the expansion. There’s nothing new coming in the following patches

I liked q&a. There were many subtle messages across the board. Actually I am grateful to the teams.

Despite my latest boredom, I still fondly remember the story, music, feeling the tension in Spires of Ascension. Wonderful rebirth of Ysera. Tense and enticing cinematics.

Lovely moments.Hopefully more to come.

Also about the Factions… just end them. Its 2021.

Nobody stays at war/conflict forever. Just let people play together already.

2 Likes

Have you taken a look around the world recently? :yum:

I think it was great hearing Ion talking about how factions should never be a social barrier stoping people from playing together. While it’s taking a lot of time for them to finally take that step, i believe it’s finally happening and it will be for the best if done correctly.

Factions are cool for a lot of reasons and they should never remove them. But ultimately it should only be a personal choice about your identity within the game and the story you want to experience, not about who you are able to play with.

The other good thing about the Q&A is actually a bad thing… but we don’t usually get a straight answer with this kind of things, so that why i consider it to be good: no more character customization for shadowlands. I would rather have more options for all races, specially allied races, than another armor set themed behind the covenants, but hey… at least now i know what not to expect for the rest of the expansion.

2 Likes

Sure, since you are so smart. Why don’t you set yourself up for hire to blizzard then see how that goes for you.

Yeah I have. Is France and the UK still at war? Does Denmark and Sweden go to war still?

no?

Do they still fight down there in Israel like they’ve done for the past 5000 years? Yeah?

Edit: And yes, as a Danish person, I still consider us at war with Sweden. They stole some of our land those bastards! :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like
1 Like

You can have Skåne back, bunch of non-mask wearing hillbillies. I gladly get rid of em. :>

1 Like

Yeah you really showed them by dropping that condescending bomb. There is a sizeable gap between people who are looking for a chit-chat with devs and people wanting to cook devs alive, a gap where most of the players who follow these events really are.

Did you hear what he said? It’s a social issue. He said Alliance racials are probably better in CN but the fact is that people just want to go to the faction with more players.

? (10char?)

Yeah they have. However they dont end up being best buddies every now and then because they need to deal with some crazy strong villian that the Horde or Alliance cant deal with alone so they team up… next expansion Ctrl C + Ctrl V…

If you have WM off you can:

1. You can group with anyone in instanced content (pve&pvp).
  2. Guilds and communities become cross faction.
  3. You can group with players of the other faction for world content.
  4. You can still not enter hubs and cities of the other faction.

I dont know about you, but I care about the faction imbalance and I want to see it fixed. Its not right to do nothing and let the high end pve scene on alliance completely die out.

I don’t really agree with that. Blizzcon is very much an event Blizzard does to promote and showcase their games to the broadest audience possible. Mass-media journalists included.

If you believe that any of these panels that Blizzard hosts and broadcasts will consist of Blizzard grilling themselves and highlighting the shortcomings and flaws of their own products and otherwise apologize and admit mistakes all night long, then you’re very naïve.

They’re obviously going to set things up in a manner that makes for an entertaining and enjoyable show with a lot of self-promotion whilst speaking a lot to the devoted fans who have stars in their eyes, because it’s a lot wiser to portray your community as being an awesome group of inclusive and LGBTQ+ people than a bunch of grown-up sweaty nerds who are upset about class balance in a video game.

The whole point of this is not to please you by having a tough journalist pose critical questions to Blizzard about WoW. It is to promote Blizzard’s products whilst serving the fans of those products.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I think Blizzard are on the same page. The fact of the matter is just that there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution with no drawbacks, so they’re approaching it carefully. I can understand that, even as an Alliance player who wouldn’t mind having a full battleground team when queuing at noon in the weekend and not struggle because of being the under-represented faction.

I have always been saying the Horde is better because of its population, hence why is the superior faction.

Well a lot of times when the issue of faction imbalance is mentioned, someone usually goes “horde racials OP”, which prompts someone else saying “alliance (racials) viable”. I doubt they are talking about faction population at that moment.