We got 16 mount reskins with this new patch. And yet they released a completely new looking mount behind a 6 month paywall. Mount that we could all have gotten simply by playing the game

For special people like you I have marked the word gift with " "

1 Like

Do you have proof of those numbers?. In any case, that is no excuse to release content behind paywalls. I’m not against the idea of the mount itself, I’m against the way they have released it.

2 Likes

And special people like you are the reason we are getting this bullshît. Thanks.

4 Likes

You don’t have to empty the wallet, it’s up to you if you take the offer or not. And it’s up to gaming companies to make profit of money they invested.

Myself I’m not going for this rat because I don’t like it. I haven’t farmed the bee mount yet, going for that as soon as I can make myself do the Mechagnome zone that I hate and have flying unlocked.

3 Likes

Funfact: 6 month mounts do cost them money on some players.
I usually subscribe monthly so I can easily cancel it. Due to the mount offers I went for a 6 month subscription which actually makes me pay less for what I would subscribe anyways (probably).

Also why would I blame a company for trying to earn money? It’s one of their puposes of existence. Yes I dislike shady methods of doing so, but these mounts which are given for free to people choosing the cheapesxt subscription method are fine imho.

3 Likes

Don’t like don’t buy? Easy as this, been playing long enough and have never raged for the store mounts, you guys rage like you get some sort of a powerful armor instead of just a transportation thing.

4 Likes

I would love to hear from you again in 4 months to see how much money you saved on a game you’re not playing but still paying for right now because, well, you can’t easily cancel that.

2 Likes

off topic, but I love your transmog! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There’s a way to get the mount for free in game, so saying it behind a pay wall is untrue. Farming gold is an activity every player can do, and some do it for fun, so this is a reward for those types of players. You don’t farm gold, it’s OK, you just don’t get the rewards that come from it, the same way I don’t have the Jaina mount, because I don’t do mythic raiding.

Blizzard gets less money from 6 month subs, than from monthly subs. If they are doing this just to increase their numbers, they are going about it the wrong way.

5 Likes

Congratulations you fell for it.

Blockquote subscription which actually makes me pay less for what I would subscribe anyways (probably).

Most people subscribes monthly, why? Because no one is 100% that they are going to play next month. Let me know in the next few months if you’ll still be palying and if it will have been worth it for that mount. Which by the way, had blizzard released behind a quest or a rare drop (or anything else) you would have had, without spending any more money.

2 Likes

So its also just a normal store mount, you just get it free if you have a sub

5 Likes

Easy I played though the most parts of WoW and only ever stopped for private reasons never for game reasons. Actually I think 8.3 is a good patch so far. And the strategy of staging content so people can get stuff done before the raid and M+ hits doesn’t serve my playstyle but is fine by me :slight_smile:
Actually the monthly sub I used to use was me screwing myself over for a feeling of “I can easily cancel”.

Imagine if they just made a cute little quest about idk, saving the poor critter rats from extinction until their King shows up and gifts you the mount as a reward for the upcoming year of the rat.

No. Them making it 25€ is a much much more player-friendly experience!

3 Likes

Blizzard gets less money from 6 month subs, than from monthly subs. If they are doing this just to increase their numbers, they are going about it the wrong way.

No they don’t. Consider this, most players sub monthly. Which means there is no way to know for sure if they will come back next month. So instead of making you pay 13 Euros, and then not knowing if you’ll repay next month, they pull of schemes like this so you have given them money, that maybe you wouldn’t have given them.

2 Likes

No. You get it for free if you BIND YOURSELF ( or more, your money ) TO THE GAME FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS. Not by playing lmao how are people this effin dense.

2 Likes

ok fine if you STAY with the sub, all im saying is its free if you do, its just a normal store mount you can buy now.

4 Likes

Change your sub to 6 months, it’s actually cheaper as well.

4 Likes

I don’t care. I don’t know if I’ll be playing next month to begin with. So why should I waste 66 euros on fried air? Instead why don’t they just release the mount in game, and make the 6 month deal without the mount?

This is the kind of logic players should be going through, instead of following the butterfly and being hit by the truck.

2 Likes

I get it for free even if I potentially pay more in total over the next 6months.

Ho…how.

2 Likes

If you’re not going to play, why complain about something you wouldn’t be using?

6 Likes