"We hope to see healthy population for Classic Era"

Old expansions are best before majority starts to raidlog.

People start to “raidlog” and same thing will happen. Right now there is a lot of things to do but with time it will show the same thing as Classic. By the end of next year we will likely get next retail expansion which will shift some interest there while starting the wait for WoTLK in 2023.

If Blizzard would really care they at least would have released a statement thus far that they are aware of the current situation and their plans to tackle the issues. I.e. there are still PvE servers without any connection. The German realm Razorfen i.e. was not connected at all. Why? We don’t know and Blizzard is silent here. The best thing we currently can do on horde side is run UBRS with 6 men at weekends prime time after using a discord-based raid-planer and spam the hell out to get the attention of as many people as possible. That not all players initially are added to the /LFG is also surprising. Plenty of players, especially new or casual ones, usually don’t even know that channel exists at all and thus don’t even know that there are players looking for groups and stuff. At the beginning, we have had like 30 players initially but this number went down pretty fast as no raids and later on no 5 men dungeons were possible without planing a week in advance. We currently try to help other players to reach level 60 sooner than later to have more players available, but the current situation, the loosing up of the lockdown and the summer-time in front aren’t really benefitial for the online-times of those players therefore we are currently fighting windmills to some degree.

The only information we have available is an interview a German games-related new page did with two leads of Blizzard. They were asking the leads if this server simply was forgotten as they did the connection and they basically just got a typical marketing blabla as excuse. Other PvE realms were connected and they are at least able to run MC, BWL and to some degree AQ40.

If they support other parts of WoW as they do currently with classic-era, I feel sorry for all players actually. As mentioned, they market classic-era as a first-class citizen among the whole WoW franchise. Sure, they have currently enough to do with TBC and 9.1, but asking at least for some official statement on the current era situation is probably almost to much to ask for … No wonder why people quit for FF14 or ESO or other games left and right as Blizzard doesn’t care.

Some people will raidlog, some will just quit.

I think there’s always going to be a burst of activity when a new phase is released, and then it drops away. Phase 6 Vanilla is now 6 months or so old and so most people are just done with it. It feels bad - but if you missed out on AQ40, you missed out. Its gone.

I don’t realistically expect TBC to be any better - even if I’m loving it now. Why would I possibly want to run Sunwell for 6 months, never mind forever? Its going to get old.

Its much the same with Retail of course, even if we are not meant to say anything good about it. I liked Shadowlands for about 3 months. But then it was done. And the fact we are now 4 months further on has kind of killed any fondness for it stone dead that I don’t see 9.1 fixing.

But you are aware that you play content that is more than 15 years old? Hence nothing is new at all, especially the TBC and later the WOTLK content is unmodified. You still find the same world with the same mobs in it in retail, which is unfortunately not true for all of the vanilla zones.

So why do you enjoy TBC at the moment? Because you have plenty of players to play with? As the world feels alive? As people more than ever compete for something? It can’t be the content itself as, as mentioned, all of the content is still available.

3 Likes

It may be that all contents from TBC are still available. But … scaling and the copius amount of blue/green gear and the maxed XP gains are making a parody out of levelliing these zones in SL. It is FUN to level in Classic /TBCC not so in SL where it is just a meaningless prelude to the “real” game, aka. endgame.

Every time there’s timewalking people die in alcatraz and shattered halls claiming omg this is crap. Let me not start at Black Temple timewalking that none really do because it’s to easy.

Then just wear white/green stuff, put your heirlom items into the bank, use a leveling stop and all of a sudden the whole content is more challenging. “Content” is not only determined by the strenght of the mobs you face, it is often tide to the story why you do those quests. Whether you faceroll through the “content” or need to use all of your abilities to actually kill a mob only has an influence on your peception what it took to compelte that quest.

Level an alt to level 70, use an xp-stop to prevent leveling further, gather some friends around you that all do the same and work your way though the dungeon/raids. Sure, some of the class abilities or new classes might make the encounters less challenging as now in TBC, but I bet certain fights won’t be a cake walk either.

In the end it all falls back to player choice again. Most of them aren’t really interested in the content per se IMO. They prefer to steamrole through the content to reach “endgame” as fast as possible and farm dungeon/raids for BiS as people confuse skill with items. Sure itemization isn’t unimportant in terms of progression, mybe now more than ever before, but it is for sure not the only thing WoW has to (or should) offer.

There is one mage booster guy somewhere who making hecktons of gold in this very moment laughing at you.

hurry skip the tedious game so we can raidlog it and preferably play other games asap

1 Like

You should have played in the populated server during vanilla, if you are surprised about blizzard not caring about dead players bases. I played in the server, which died in P5 and we asked to make some actions way before that, but blizz isnt interested into you unless they can earn from you. So, in our case they didnt do anything, because they knew that many players will eventually pay transfer fee. In classic era case, they wont do anything, because most of the players, who wanted classic era, have already bought cloning, so they have been milked, thus not worthy maintenance anymore.

This is unfortunately not so.
First of all: You can’t level when you have stopped levelling :wink:
And second: Even dressed in grey/whites and reading all quest texts you steamroll through contents in Retail. What you describe here is so like the IronMan Challenge, which I have been doing for years. And scaling + excessive Quest XP has mostly ruined this as well. In comparison level 1-10 in Classic Teldrassil took me just below 2 hours, the same (that is 1-5 in SL) took me 15 minutes (I was level 10 after 45 minutes). This character actually He was made for testing purposes.
When you kill the big spider in the cave, you’re 'ported back. When you go to the top of the tree, you get a safe fall spell and so on, and so on. Everything is served on a silver platter with max. speed.

Let him laugh, and me have my fun levelling. I want everyone to be as happy as possible.

1 Like

The content is new because I’ve not played it in a long time. Yes in theory its out there in retail (dynamically levelling from 10-50 but lets ignore that). Unsurprisingly I’ve not played it through in the same way however because… why bother? Yes the fact I’m playing it with a load of people undoubtedly does matter - but equally its just silly to pretend “you could have had a TBC experience at any time”. I couldn’t, I didn’t. Getting 10 level 30 guys in white gear to clearing Kharazhan is not the same.

1 Like

so what blizzard stated was correct in the end

with "you think you do but you dont "

:joy: :joy: :joy:

where is that whole mythilogical nostalarius crowd now ? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Well, I have the feeling from day one that TBCC has not been half as successful as WoW Classic. There is a lot of contrast in more than 1.000,000 viewers vs less than 500,000 on Twitch.

2 Likes

so much toxicity and irrelevant opinions here that are not constructive in any way…
if you don’t care for classic, why would you even bother posting here?
classic era so dead on eu pvp1 we clear all content every week since launch.
it is so dead we still have raids 7 days a week, up to 4 times a day.
if you want to play tbc and talk about tbc, i think they added a forum for tbc specifically.

8 Likes

We still want but Blizz is doing its best to make it worse and hook us up to Refail.

This has been the case since day one. As long as there are ppl doing even one dungeon or working up for raids then it’s a testimony that the current lead at Blizz is a fool self inflated balloon of ego.

For many people, maybe, but not for me at least. I wanted old school WoW back, with all its warts and blisters. And I’m happy I got it. Unfortunately I don’t see anything that draws me to Retail (which I’m sure has its strong points), but there’s a lot that keeps me playing on the Classic servers.

3 Likes

Ye cool, now tell us about pvp part please. I hope its going well?

“Please consider at least to answer our calls by explaining us what are your plans to improve the situation of the ERA servers.”

We just ask you to have a normal communication? is there absolutely no community manager working for the Era / tbc classic servers? I mean for a game with a subscription, we could expect some minimum client service.

1 Like