We need a corruption vendor

In a patch where you need the right corruption effects to stay competitive with others, there should be ways to obtain specific corruption effects. Currently, you can only really do your weekly chests and pray for the right corruption effects on the right items, it’s basically all luck based - if you are unlucky, you can’t compete with others that got lucky.

There should be a vendor that sells you tokens that let you put corruption effects on your gear. I don’t care how much mementos it would cost, but there needs to be a way to farm specific corruption effects, otherwise luck is the only factor that determines if your character does damage or not.

If this doesn’t happen (even if it’s mid patch), this will be a problem until Shadowlands (7+ months).

24 Likes

But drae, what if you buy the wrong corruption?

15 Likes

Weekly chest only has a 2% chance of giving you the corruption you desire, pretty poor IMO.

Vendor would be nice.

6 Likes

I still think that every piece of gear you get should have corruption on it, since its just 5 memento to remove them. Currently the system feels like the legendary system from 7.0.

If they can’t add a simple PVP vendor do you really think they’d add this? I don’t understand why they want everything to be so random.

9 Likes

Anything that gets you playing more looks better for them.

1 Like

I get this but at some point the straw’s gonna break the camel’s back and there’s no going back for many players.

1 Like

I am one of them. I’m not going to bother getting gear now until the next expac.

Stop with vendor thing. Everytime there is some rng everybody ask for vendor to buy stuff for some artificial currency. Its been time and time again explained by game developers that badge system where you buy specific items is garbage. Corruption should not exist in first place. Gear doesnt need any rng affixes at all.

The advantage of the legendary system over this, is that when you got a bad one you knew it was removed from your loot pool. With this system we can just get it again and again and again and again.

7 Likes

I mean, what’s the harm in adding a vendor for this? This may be an unpopular opinion but I like the idea of corruption. It’s a perfect addition to this patch’s gearing system and it helps some classes that are lacking.

However, the balance between the effects and the randomness of acquiring corrupted pieces is so bad, the system makes it horrible for most players that aren’t lucky.

2 Likes

Ah the miracle cure all solution: “just add a vendor”, whatever the problem a vendor will solve it

They said that people bought the wrong items or couldn’t find the vendors and that’s why they removed them
That’s not an explanation

because it’s the solution to the problem

6 Likes

So you could just buy corruption like you’re ordering a Big Mac. Yes I’d like some echoing void with extra cheese please :3

In before “uuh lore blizzard ??1”

1 Like

That’s only for PvP, PvE have always had vendors for things.

1 Like

And then we would have classic’s gearing system. I rather take an unfair but more interesting gearing system over that.

I wanna say i dont mind the rng …

… But i want to make the ultimate guardian bear by stacking mastery to insanity, not inf stars, echoing voids & twi devs

It’s the only thing YOU can think of

Also in a time where everyone wants systems to gain points which can then be spent at a special vendor for upgrades, i’d also like to heard from those people who wanted the game to be more RPG, now is your time to speak up

I suggest you watch some presentations on game desing. When you have vendor and currency than there is 0 excitment in it. Its just boring shoping list what you check every few weeks or days. Its boring. In 1 week i get this and afterr 2 weeks i get this. Yes corruption is problem becouse of high dps impact which itself is just stupid but stop do this "vendor will solve everything solution’’.

I find it way more exciting to finally have enough currency to buy an item that is an upgrade for me than looting a chest every week that contains useless items

2 Likes