We need a nerf

Ret is too strong at the moment.

Give us back the original bubble where when we are immune to taking damage we cannot deal damage.

Same for BoP, we or the target with BoP cannot deal damage while immune to physical damage.

Ret is too noob friendly with all our immunities.

4 Likes

Survivability is not the aspect that needs to be nerfed. After bubble is used, there is nothing. When bubble caused paladins to do less damage, they had good mobility and other defensives such as divine protection. As long as the class stays immobile, this is fine.

7 Likes

No we don’t need a nerf if we lose our dps it’s back to being ignored for m+ so just report this thread as trolling.

5 Likes

You are serious or? Cuz one shotting people is NOT good class design, and ofc they should nerf this

6 Likes

Only if they buff our utillity or mobillity or both something for something. And they just needs to get gud like don’t like ret get close to you. It’s a l2p issue not a class issue.

1 Like

i get the funny feeling ur Not a Ret main… and just got killed by a ret paladin xD

15 Likes

go away with you… plenty damage comes from azerite traits and the neck… while our damage is quite high now, so is nearly everyone elses.(if they don’t have the same chunk dmg, they got higher constant that kills just as fast if not faster(affliction, arms, mm,rogue etc)

Edit: and get out of here with your “we”, posting on a alt with legion and heirloom leveling gear that doesn’t even have a updated armory so you haven’t even been on it since prepatch started.

2 Likes

I know right these ppl have no idea what they’re talking about and azerite traits pff we won’t have azerite in sl so i’m gonna report these ppl for trolling as i don’t wana have my spec ruined yet again we’ve been the least picked class for m+ for so long and now when we’ve actually got a decent chance hunter or mages or warrior or monks mains wants us nerfed to keep us out of the competition.

3 Likes

im a warrior main but i dont wanna see ret get obliterated by nerfs again,

the games lack of Diversity in classes u see day to day in content is its most boring point and gotten so much worse since Legion. where we’ve sat in a 4 year meta which has gatekeeped Specific classes out of content.

2 Likes

Can you at least log on to that char you’re posting from so it becomes more believable?
God forbid ret doesn’t keel over instantly for once.

2 Likes

Well i’m glad that not all one ret mains are like them but when they began to nerf rets in wod’s launch i coulen’t post there but now that i can i’ll explain detail by detail as to why we shoulen’t get a nerf. If anything should change about the Paladins it’s that crusader aura should become a passive and that Retribution aura should be replaced with a Rightious might aura simmilar as to the might blessing where that it’d increase the attack power of nearby allies by 4-5%.

And she’s still in leveling gear and it’s not even a main this character that i’m posting from is my main and it’s not easy leveling a retribution Paladin and get geared as much as i am the leveling part sure but if i had a doller for everytime i got declined in m+ despite that my score was good eneogh i’d be so rich.

Yeah man. A dollar for every time I’ve gotten declined by a fotm class with negative rio would have been a nice cash infusion, haha!

Like if blizzard had given us a combat ressurect ability like Light’s Embrace. Or Holy empowerment or Light’s Strength.

Look at all the overwhelming support blizz! 100% of ret paladins agree we we need the changes I asked for!

1 Like

To me Ret is the most fun its ever been right now.
I’ve never really played it before, tried it a few times through the years but have just always preferred playing in all content as Prot.

This week I thought I’d play a new paladin and level it as Ret and I just couldn’t put it down! I love it, I love all the defensive cool downs, and I love the interaction between the abilities, holy power and the procs.

If anything it has made me realize how “tacked-on” Holy Power is for Prot… not because it is a bad mechanic, just that its interaction is so dull and uninspired compared to how fun and fluid it is for Ret.

2 Likes

As a long time Prot Pala I do like Holy Power, of course they could do more with it and make it feel even better but I prefer Holy Power over not having it at all.

Look on what all you say is what you think but you don’t really have any kinda proof like links at all so either show some proof or go back to your main and get gud.

Course he is not. He is talking about rets ingame, but his ret is itemlevel 200 something (Not updated itemlevel after squish) meaning he is equipped with freshly dinged-120/50 gear.

So he says “Rets cant go on like this” its not from a playing ret perspective, cause he cant experience “This” on that chars itemlevel.

Meaning he got killed by a ret.

Community riots everytime certain specs performs anything close to decent and ret is among those specs.

2 Likes

Why can’t people like him try to get to a decent item level before they’ll start to complain after all it’s a l2p issue.

1 Like