We need to be able to toggle people from being able to kill you with their abilities

When they’re in your party.

It’s ridiculous how many times you get killed by another player in your party because they’re killing you with their abilities.

Let us turn them off from being able to do that.

“Oh, this pull isn’t dying and I’m running out of CDs but I still have my divine shield left, I guess it’s time to u—”

Press divine shield.

You have died.

??? I pressed divine shield and died???

Check combat log.

Lay on hands from the paladin healer. I had forebearance.

LET ME JUST BLOCK THEM FROM BEING ABLE TO KILL ME LIKE THAT. Under no circumstances do I ever want a lay on hands to be cast on me when my divine shield or my own lay on hands is off CD.

2 Likes

You can solve that yourself by just not inviting paladins into your group, or tell them not to do it ever.

They still do it. I told him not to do that when he did it first pull. He still did it when I dropped low in a pull later. We need the ability to just turn them off from being able to assassinate you like that.

I didn’t make the group.

Besides, this happens in content where you can’t make your own group as well. It should be able to be stopped. Evokers are especially responsible for killing people like this in that kind of content.

I mean it’s sunday,did you expect any different post :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In 10.2.7 you can search for groups without paladins. And if a paladin joins you can always leave.

All paladins hate being given forebearance by other paladins.

1 Like

lol! that was pretty funny. thank you :slight_smile:

Its even worse in shuffle. Sometimes the random comps destroy themselves when the group is something as retri and hpala. Theres point on this thread that its something worth looking into improve the design but I dont know how tho.

It happens so rarely that it’s absurd to even consider it.

It’s usually M+ for me where I suffer the most. What should just be my way to immune or survive isn’t available. Some players are great and you can say don’t give me forbearance and others just don’t understand and continue.

I think paladin is one of the few classes where its a detriment to have the healer role overlapping with a dps / tank role, i wouldnt be shocked if they allow you to filter groups by your own class in the future. As usually it does more harm than good running 2 of something cause of raid / party buffs and occasionally overlapping a lack of CC depending on class.

1 Like

M+ one can choose to not play with another paladin in group but when it comes to shuffles design in modern wow we have no choise who we play with, then things get interesting like hpala with retri or mage with affli or hunters with afflis and all removing the afflis dots with their scatters, traps and polys nonstop and everyone having a lovely time being griefed by their team nonstop and theres not even choise in the matter who they play with. :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

There definitely is designs here worth look at and perhaps improve the gameplay of some aspects of specs in the game or the synergy they have together with other specs.

You could leave shuffle just like I could leave a dungeon group, in practice neither of us is going to.

Nah its not permitted, they announced it to be punishable offense to leave shuffles half year ago or so, ppl still leave tho as one could assume happens with 6 round designs. Then they take rating cut from it.

I would rather see they improve the designs of the specs synergy together or just didnt make modes like 6 round rotating formats as shuffle in general.

I’m not aware of it being a bannable offense.

However it’s impractical to say you’re not going to join a group with x class in it for m plus. I just want to get on with it.

However if I could use an item to block them from giving me forbearance I would.

There were announcement from blizzard of it on forum. And people are constantly making threads of it to enforce it. I never understand it. Like they could force someone to play video game even if they didnt want to. The whole concept of punishing people from not playing a game is just ridiculous. If they just didnt design modes that assume people play 6 rounds and we wouldnt have none of these problems.

This has to be the most esoteric niche complaint / request I’ve ever seen on the forum (or possibly anywhere).

By all means link the post.

I don’t tend to notice PvP news it’s not a mode I enjoy.

As far as I’m aware leaving shuffle will not result in a ban. In OW for example penalties (timeouts from queue) are only applied for excessive leaving. If it’s once or twice there is no issue.

I dont really care to dig it up im sorry, in any case blizzard has announced leaving to be punished so its not valid solution. Yet I havent seen or know anyone to be banned of it yet on other hand. People constantly ask for harsher punishments for leavers tho cause theyre in this false belief that people could be forced to play a video game even if they didnt want to.

Anyway to not get derailed ill emphasis on what I said earlier related this topic:

I could not find anything to support it when googling. Only mentions of loss of rating and deserter.

1 Like