Weapon Swap Macro

I’m having a great deal of difficulty using a macro that works I have even tried using addons that change sets and unequip gear etc…

What I want to do is dual wield 2x weapons with the same name “Bashguuder” and then swap mid fight to my “Krol Blade” and “Dal Rend” offhand , instead it just reverts to 1 being equipped. I have tried macros that script but that bugs out and you end up with greyed out weapons and have to relog. I think the biggest issue is the global cooldown that swapping a weapon causes.

I have tried /equipslot 16 Bashguuder
/equipslot 17 bashguuder

I have tried simple /equip
I have tried unequipping the weapons in a macro then equipping the correct weapons, but that’s about x3 keys just for 1 simple thing.

Does anyone know how I can do this with as little ease as possible, I want to swap weapons mid fight using as few macros and keys as possible.

Perhaps ItemRack can do it. I have no macro-related ideas that you haven’t already tried.

Itemrack should work, however I can’t get mine to swap in combat (weps) not effective tho

Sadly itemrack cannot swap any items ( even weapons ) incombat due to API restrictions :frowning:

you can do it with something like;
/script PickupContainerItem(1,2);EquipCursorItem(17);

That would equip the 2nd item in the first bag in your offhand - ofc if your using some sort of unified bag mod your out of luck :expressionless:

Referring to bag slots is what i had to use on pservers.
This will probably be your only option since you have 2 weapons with the same name and you’re swapping those with another set of dual wield weapons.

What? It’s working fine for me. It’s working fine for me right now.

You sure about that? got jumped by a mage last night and wanted to swap my healing mace for the blade of eternal darkness, that didn’t work through item rack.

Choosing a weapon on the characers info pane → show the weapon ‘queued’, no swap appears
Choosing a weapon from a free floating item rack frame → show the weapon ‘queued’, no swap appears.

Manually swaping weapons from bags or using a /equipitem macro works

Am using the latest version from curse.

Given that your level 120, I have to ask - are you talking about retail or classic?

Classic. A mage. I don’t have setups specifically for weapons, but nonetheless it will swap the staff/wand if I try to change setups in combat.

I’m using hotkeyed item setups to swap.

Can you swap weapons at all when in combat in Classic?

Edit: I just checked and you can.

Not sure if it’s related to your issue, but I have to spam my 2hander -> 1hander/shield swap macro. I tried working around it, but settled for spamming it instead.

I found as long as your /equip order was offhand then mainhand it would work fine, on one click. (for dual wield)

So try swapping the order of the equips, and I just use the shift click weapon when making the macro to place a /equip WeaponName/ShieldName

5 Likes

Could you just drag them to your action bars?

Things like this tend to get complicated when the weapons are ‘one-handed’ instead of limited to off or main hand.
That’s why i use equipslot macros to swap between tanking and damage, which doesn’t require me to spam my button.
One press for me = swap def stance, equip 1h and shield, press again to taunt.
Same with battle/berserk being linked to charge/intercept.
In OP’s example, he uses one handers with the same name, which might mess up the equipslot macro, since it might try to grab the same item twice.

Using macros that refer to bag number, bag slot number will have the best use for him afaik.
Since he’s not switching to a 2hander, one of those slots should never get filled up by random loot, as the slots will always have the replaced weapons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.