What are some RolePlay (RP) features you would like to see added into the game?

Geniune question.
What are some RolePlay (RP) features you would like to see added into the game?
And also a followup question:
What helps you immerse into the RP in WoW?

• For me I’d like to see “Player Housing”, so we can host RP events in isolated instances where we got control of the enviroment.
  • Would really like it if there were a way to edit your face and body type ig models. Playing a short 1.5 night elf instead of a 2m tall muscle mommy for example.
  • It be nice if there were newer and more advanced animations. Different and new animations,different style of dancing to not be locked to only a single race but to be available to all.
  • It would be sick if we had voice changer IG too ,for the times where you play as an orc/gnome/oposite gender etc, storytelling and etc.
  • Tabletop games in the Inn: Small mini games you can play while you’re in the Inn.
    For example mini Heartstone 1v1 would be crazy fun. I really want inns to feel like inns.
  • Turn-Based Duels that also involve dice throwing, /Rpduel command for it. That would allow RPers to duel in a more authentic way while the turn-based combat would gives space for interraction and flavor texting.
  • Advanced communication mode: a mode that first asks for the mutual consent before entering and allows the following:
    Sending pictures, gifs, audio and video, text emojis and allows spells to be cast without them doing damage for the sake of class expression during RP:
    -You just crossed a terrible threshold Arthas!
    throws hammer of wrath and bonks Arthas on the head
3 Likes

There is an older and much longer topic going about this in General

Roleplay Initiative - Suggestion Index and Wishlist - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

You might want to have a look.

2 Likes

Imma still type. Empty instances, or open instances idc. Prospect of being able to use some of the raid and dungeon terrains for rp events sounds too delightful.

2 Likes

Honestly, these two things matter so much to me that, if they were implemented, I’d never ask for anything again.

WoW was released in 2004 when capabilities were much lower. I don’t know what a whole system update would entail, but I really wish we could go into those nitty-gritty details of character nose shape, shoulder width, etc.

And animation is a prime opportunity for expanding either long grinds or in-game purchases. I don’t know why Blizzard hasn’t jumped on expanded dances already; people would spend WoW coins on stuff like that.

2 Likes

Thanks for linking my thread here.
Part of the reason I put it in general is so it would hopefully get a little more exposure overall as a good lot of people don’t tend to check subforums all that much.

You listed some fun ideas there I feel, even if some are hard to implement I reckon. They’d still be a nice addition.

As for the turn based duels and the tabletop inn games… one thing I’d recommend is adapting a simple to use dnd’like system to use for your wow rp / rp combat.

My guild’s been developing one we’ve been using for a couple years now and even have a small companion add-on for it, that lets you set your stats in a separate window, track your hp and it automates skillcheck/damage rolls for you by clicking the corresponding stat button, then puts the roll and result into your group/raidchat.
May share the link to it here if there’s interest.

In essence, its a simpler version of what you’re used to from dnd perhaps.
-The main stats are the same, strength, dexterity, constitution, wisdom, intelligence, charisma.
-Damage is calulcated by simply rolling a d20 and then adding your stat on top for flat damage.
-AC isn’t a thing and health values for enemy mobs are adjusted a bit to make up for it.
-Rolling a 20 still results in a crit. Doubling your damage. Nat 1’s can be flavoured based on dm’s/players preference.
-The event hosts/dm’s can easily implement skillchecks for perception , persuasion etc and add more context or alternative ways to resolve matters to the players which work off the same stats.
-Markers for enemy positions the host keeps tracks off (hp wise) , and mob/boss attacks can be deflected or blocked sometimes via statrolls. (You may be able to half the damage if you roll over X amount, for example.)

Overall it lets you concentrate on weaving the story and the addon and simpler rolls make it easy to adapt to anything on the go. Makes combat encounters pretty smooth as well as there’s less fiddling with mechanics.

2 Likes

Pictures, videos, gifs, and audio sounds like a headache for the T.o.S. department, but there are lots of good ideas here!

For me, personally, I think tents / camp stuff unbound to any one particular zone would be fantastic. I liked the Draenor ones, but they were only usable there. The DF ones look awesome, but are also limited to DF zones unless I’m mistaken.

What helps my immersion in WoW RP is toys and transmogs, mostly :grinning:

I love the possibilities with the varied WoD Garrison assets, and my goal is to get one of everything in each of the 3 tiers.

(Some player freedom with those assets might be a nice start/foundation for player housing…?)

3 Likes

i mean if they can only be used on /whisper /guild and /party , /raid chats that will kind of solve that for them.
Also I dont see what the big deal is, people will just report em, just like we do with offensive language.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.