What are the best designed sets?

What are in your opinion the best designed sets in the game?

I have to say, i did not like the change from class to raid theme they made in bfa, but the mythic plate set from sanctum is definitely top ten best designed sets they ever made.

Also most sets from legion are great, but the best examples i would say are antorus priest, antorus monk, antorus and tos paladin, nighthold druid, tos and nighthold rogue.

There are too many great sets from legion to list honestly.

2 Likes

Probably a lil controversial; but I absolutely love the S1 plate PvP gear from Shadowlands.

The added fur and armour plates look fantastic with so many old sets, it really brings some xmogs to life I reckon.

2 Likes

Legion t19 and t21, especially the elite ones. Also s13 MoP monk pvp set is really cool (tyrannical gladiator’s ironskin armor).

Honestly, I don’t like any of the sets from Shadowlands. They are just not up to the same quality that World of Warcraft used to produce.

BFA had some good sets, mostly the Warfront Elite Armor and Heritage Armor sets… but even the raid sets during the expansion were ugly.

Legion had some well designed sets, but they were/are a bit too “from outta space” for me. I prefer something a little more down to Azeroth.

Still the best armour set from all time… Retribution Paladin.

I totally agree, Class based Armor sets need to return to the norm.

My favourite set in the game is the Alliance coloured Illidari set, apart from the helm it looks perfect to me and exactly how I wanted my DH to look.

If they ever do decide to re-do some older sets just like in Legion I hope they go for Tier 1, I think most of those sets looked really cool and could do with some visual updates. For DK I’d say update the Naxxramas set, Monk tier 14 and DH… that’s tricky I suppose they’d get something new.

I am really looking forward to class themed tier-sets coming back!

• Mythic Antorus monk set.
  • LFR Antorus DK set.
  • ICC DK set.
  • Challenge Mode Paladin and Mage set.
  • Ulduar Warclock set.

Just to name a few.

moust liked trasmog in game

is the moust used trasmog

3 Likes

A few T2 sets (Jugement, Bloodfang…) Are among the most thematic class sets in the game imo.

And so are a few of Ulduar’s (Priest, Hunter…)

Bc, Cata, MoP & WoD do not really shine in this category. There are some good sets here and there but overall expansions such as Wotlk & Legion offer much better sets imo.

The Nighthold & ToS have some of the best HQ class sets too, especially the 7.0 druid one imho.

BfA season 1 PvP sets are among my favourite Horde/Alliance sets especially the plate one.

As for heritage armors I’d say Belves have one of the best sets along with Nighbornes, Tauren & dwarves

1 Like

Well, this is of course just my optionion. But the Rogue armour from Blackwing Lair is so stylish to me with the black and red.

I actually really liked then ToS redesigns of the tbc sets, the mythic ones look amazing and to this day the warrior and priest ones are amazing. Also really liked the paladin WoD pvp elite set.

Sindorei heritage for sure

Initially I liked it. Being a hunter since forever, I was thinking that maybe now we’d finally get some good sets that way. But nope. It got even worse.

I really hate having mail armor. I really, really do.
I wish hunters had leather armor.

Imo plate sets are superior by a landslide in WoW compared to any other armor type,

Loved the plate Shadowlands sets, S1 is really cool and knighty, S2 is awesome, more brutal but love the fantasy. Also love all the 4 Covenant appearances, least one is the Kyrian one but even that one have some cool pieces, with Necrolord having the best plate.

And in general there are really few set that I hate that are plate, mostly the one I don’t like have a piece i don’t like but with a bit of mixing, everything is cool if it is plate.

(Except AQ, but AQ gear sucks in general)

For me it’s either the Nighthold DK set or Tier 3 Plate set but with Ulduar DK boots since Dreadnaught feet piece looks weird on several races.

the ones which had the biggest impact on me was the tbc pvp sets…

since then its all been downhill

and i will never play tbc classic…

tbc served its purpose there is no reason to relive it years later.

T3 shaman, hunter, mage, priest.
ToS mage mythic, shaman mythic, paladin (LFR, normal, mythic), priest mythic.
Antorus priest mythic, paladin mythic.
I think these are my favourites.

That’s a problem with how they design hunter sets more than anything.

The only hunter set i like is nighthold.

i like the dragonstalker :slight_smile:
love it hehe

shadowlands season 1 elite plate set without chest shoulder and helm
i replaced them with redemption shoulders and tunic
antorus and tomb mythic for paladin
for dh dh mythic tomb/vindictive gladiator pvp set
for my belf hunter i think hc and mythic nighthold
lfr sanctum leather set for my rogue(except the belt)

as a hunter main, the only tier sets I like are tier 2 dragonstalker from BWL, and tier 19 from nighthold, particularly the normal (green) and mythic ( purple) versions.
some other sets for other classes that I particularly like are tier 2 for paladins, tier 21 for druids (antorus) , and tier 20 for warriors (tomb of sargeras)