What are the different ways to reset combat?

playing a nelf for a long time, I am very grateful for shadowmeld. Wanting to play other races and classes though, I have a concern. if I find myself overwhelmed, how would i reset combat or escape the situation without having to do a corpse run or hearth out etc.

I understand hunters have feign death… and I think rogues have something to stealth out of combat, but what about other races or classes?

1 Like

With other classes u kill your enemies until u have no combat anymore.

But for real, not everyone can do that, runing is a good thing to do, there is tons of pots for that purpose, lightfoot/skystep increase your speed by 150% for like 15sec

1 Like

Mainly:

• Nightelf: Racial
  • Hunters: Feign Death
  • Rogue: Vanish

Kinda:

• Shaman: Die and Ankh
  • Warlock: Die with Soulstone
1 Like

Mages have invisibility (arcane mages have a lower cooldown on it).

1 Like

Just die, from anything. :joy:

2 Likes

There is one really strong ring from WoD that I still use in pvp. It gives you a few seconds of stealth and can be used in combat. Best item for what you want.

4 Likes

There was the unfamous flask of petrification but it was nerfed.

Strangely it stayed as it was in classic and then it was nerfed all of a sudden when i taked about it on old forum, you became of stone and it woud stop all dot, prevent you from dying from a fall, lava, anything, a thousand player couldn’t kill you.

The best part you could log on off while being on it and it removed only once you moved and had a one minute cd

:smiley: Rainblood past infamous secret for never being ganked

Go on a critter killing rampage, because you’re stuck in combat with one.

That, or Alt+F4.

1 Like

Feign death!

Bonus points if you do it in a dungeon and the mob starts attacking the healer.

Alt +f4 are most best keybind for healers to put they most powerfull spell. My friend often using this keybind to the end of wotkl. When I tell him a secret why he got dc every time on raids.

My Warlock sets the VW on the enemies and then makes like a shepherd and gets the flock out of there.

Rapture + Power Word: Shield + Darkmoon Cannon.

Peak performance right there.

Nelf - Racial
Death
Rogue - Vanish
Hunter - Feign death
Druid - Feral incarnation talent works like vanish allowing a restealth in combat
Mage - Invis

2 Likes

There are some toys that can help but long cds and zone locked.

1 Like

For those classes that don’t have combat removal abilities, I’d say CC and run.

Some classes you run. Others you go invis.

And hunters play dead.

The most reliable ones are for hunters, night elves and rogues.

Shadow priest ; Spectral guise :woozy_face:

Lost but never forgotten. :pensive:

You do that in Gnomeregan after your pet aggroed half the dungeon.

There are invisibility/shadowmeld potions too. They have “minimum level X to use” requirements, though.

1 Like