What character are you the most proud of?

So I’ve realized recently that I’m really, really proud of Alry. She was intended from the get-go to be a “wounded warrior” archetype, someone trying to struggle with just being okay after a horrible incident. Now that I’ve been playing her for over a year, her chart of growth has been phenomenal.

From being a woman scared of her own shadow, wanting to die with every breath to taking her anger and learning to fight with it? Slowly getting better with her own disabilities, struggling to find ways about her issues. It’s heartwarming to see her find people willing to not only put up with her, but love her like a family member.

She’s got a long way to go yet, but I’m still proud of her.

1 Like

I used to be proud of my main, Taelan, formerly Gehco (Taelan ‘Gehco’ Quel’dron), Blood Elf Paladin but as time have changed, I have been and more fond of Lochton (Jeremy S. Lochton), especially after the change with Battle For Azeroth. And I have finally gotten to the point of trying run my guild idea and hopefully to be welcomed with it as I’m truly burning to have it running.

1 Like

I have to cheat here because it was a character from Guild Wars 2. A rebel fighting the undead regime over her country, only to be captured, broken and forced into servitude. Once she appeared in RP, she was already an obedient soldier and a promising diplomate, sent to a neutral city as one of kingdom’s represenatives. Part of her still longing after freedom, though convinced that land in peace is ultimately better than strife of a civil war, even under a tyrant.

During her stay with the city’s RP guild she made friends and participated in campaings to aid the civilian populace overcome various difficuilities. Ultimately however she was forced to take part in schemes and atrocities in order to strenghen the kingdom’s grip over the city. Over the course of RP she encountered rebels and spies, acting even among her entourage. All of that was driven by player characters and their interactions.

The breakthrough came in response to progressing main story of the game. She was forced to stand in front of the crowd of citizens and outlanders, some of them she managed to grow fond of and read out a propaganda piece announcing war on the latter. Not long after more fanatical members of her diplomatic mission urged her to take more direct approach on hunting the rebels, which ultimately resulted in her demise, as the orders she was following led to death of numerous civilians she wished to protect throughout these months.

Denied even the peace of death, she was taken by other loyalist characters to be brought back as an undead. Now stripped of even a possibility to disobey the king, she continued to futher his plots in the free city. That culminated when another part of main story took place. The kingdom launched a surprise attack against the city, using ships full of plague. She fled beforehand and returned to her nation to take part in war against the outlanders. Finally, during her last campaing she was defeated. At the last moments of her un-life the undead king perished, restoring her free will. Disgusted with herself however she demanded warrior’s death, not able to see a place for herself in this new, free world.

TLDR: A warrior made diplomate, forced to commit atrocities for her tyrant king, systematically destroying her chances of a better life, as she did not believe it could exist anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.