What do people want from a new expansion?

In my humble opinion, if they only would implement some racial quests and stories. I mean, there is so many oppurtunities, and you get away from the very linear Horde/Alliance conflict. I’d love to learn more of the Void elves and how they react to their brethren the high elves and blood elves. Forsaken struggeling to fit in? Don’t only mention it in books, gnomes struggeling for representation in the alliance, night elves and their reaction
to Teldrassil.

I’d love to learn more of the cultures of every race, of the stand out people, the struggles and just more everyday things. How does marriages work? Interracial relationships? Cross-faction relationships? Secrets and criminals, etc.

Just give us more world building and more of that feel that the early days had. One of my favorite zones is Westfall, due to the hillarious parody CSI Miami storyline
(which is E X T R E M E L Y campy, but charming), and Duskwood with it’s dark and storypacked questlines. (Also, DW aesthetic is on point).

I don’t care that much for intergalactic, time-traveling, world-hopping stories. Let Azeroth rest, let’s work on building up the old zones (not like Cata, but more small scale), the nelfs can work on planting a new world tree, or restoring teldrassil, the forsaken must decide wether to return to Lordaeron or if they have to find a new home, the plaguelands have been… well… plagued for many expansions… What about the trolls? They were basically chased from every home they ever had, can they unite the different clans? More choices in quests. Dialogue, and relationship with factions change how the quests are written.

I really really want different clans, groups and races to raise up while the heroes/champions/mawwalkers/commanders/adventurers are away, giving us a badass expansion where they can change & set up the zones. Rebuilding or ruining zones, cities and ruins. There are trolls, vrykuls, feral worgen, naga, broken, wretched, rebelling humans, necromancers and cults.

Let them invade zones, rebuilding or razing zones to the ground. I’m not saying it has to be as major as Cata, but like, new enemies, new cities and rebels.
Take northern Eastern Kingdoms, say the trolls finally take back the ghostlands and the wretched break through to silvermoon, what would the belfs do?

Or Stormwind, say the westfall people has had enough poverty and are converted into cults, criminal groups and fanatics. Or create a rebel army gathering the lost and broken of the human race. Like Defias Brotherhood part 2, electric boogaloo .

Could the remaining naga have a redemption and, gather under a new banner, or would they stay evil following their rightful queen? What of the scourge, could they invade a new zone, or could the vrykul come from north and try to expand their roots. Could the centaur make a comback? Or perhaps, maybe the alliance and horde go together to clear out old problems, like the remnants of the aqiri in An’Quiraj, or clearing out the
plaguelands. Maybe druids and shamans go together to help grow a new world tree, or perhaps the people of azeroth begin the dismantling of Sargeras’ sword in Silithus.

(But for god’s sake, let the intergalactic, mythological, divine persons and beings alone. Just retcon Elune in SL, just say it was someone else, or delete it. Just no. Let elune be as grand and mythical as she’s always been).

Also remember how the night elves has tried to grow new world trees anywhere from southern kalimdor to grizzly hills? Remember how our nelfs no longer has a
home in teldrassil? (Fac Sylvanas btw), well how about one of the new zones would be clearing out a zone that’s unpopular or barely used to plant a world tree from Nordrassil’s branch. How about either having the forsaken rebuild the undercity, or find a new home say in the plaguelands or smth.

What if the trolls of the hinterlands attack while we’re away, or the scarlet crusade clears out the undercity, and reforges it into a base in their fashion. What if the human populace rebels in the wake of their class system. Can gnomes finally reclaim Gnomeregan? Refashion the zones, show that Azeroth’s greatest heroes, state leaders and big military forces actually makes a grave mistake leaving Azeroth. Show consequences. The fact that gnomes and tauren had almost 80% of their race wiped out should really be a bigger deal than it is.

THere is so much potential, please give us more of these touches of fantasy that makes us want to travel Azeroth! The reason i started playing was cause i fell for the thought of being a huntress with two big wolves and a bow and arrow, hunting and traveling the world while meeting people of all different races and cultures, since this was not something close to my everyday life, now i can’t say i’d want to travel to Azeroth, my favorite characters are either dead, evil or stupid, my favorite places are desolate or destroyed and every year there’s a new world ending threat. Let me live my quaint life in peace, let
azeroth rest.

let
Azeroth
rest.

Anyways, what are people’s thoughts on a new expansion, and what direction do people like? Do you like the intergalactic, big, universe ending storylines or more down to earth on Azeroth storylines?

12 Likes

Solo Ranked Battlegrounds :wink:

And a new content in the old Azeroth zones to have a reason to revisit them and make them alive again.

11 Likes

Already posted in a similar tread so i will just quote myself from there.

Also

And class quests, or even further seeing how specs are essentially classes on themselves how about specialization quests like the legion artefact ones where you will have to use specific things from you specialization, like if you are a destruction warlock you need to set things on fire or if you are demonology you need to feed your dredstalkers by killing stuff with them.

3 Likes

#CrossFactionPlay.

What can I say? I’m a simple man, with simple wishes, easy to satisfy. Whatever else they throw in, I hardly care. But let me play Alliance again, and I’ll be a very satisfied subscriber.

3 Likes

Playable Ogres and Forest Trolls would be nice. The Horde doesn’t feel complete without them.

1 Like

New customisations for races and spells.
I wouldn’t mind a more down to eath story.

1 Like
  • Changes to company business model - stop investing in “billion dollar projects”, using “retention metrics” and other nonsense for making games
  • Way more organic content (like Legion legendary fishing pole) and profession/gathering changes that make your time worth it while not benefiting multiboxers and mass farmers as much
  • Make M+ (and Raids) fun again - fun bosses, much less annoying trash, good rewards
  • Player driven subfactions and removing major faction restrictions (so Tauren and Night Elf that join Cenarion Circle can play together etc, instanced PvP based on subfaction hostilities?)
  • Play a lot of New World, FF14 and see what player like there.
  • World revamp and expansion proof zone/resources design (expansion doesn’t always have to have yet another zone with cloned-new resources and so on).
  • No more FOMO design, power progression dailies or weeklies.
  • Less books more in game stories and content
  • More gear stats and meaning - PvP, M+, Raid, Open World, Crafting/Gathering oriented?
  • “Permanent” gear sets from factions, zones, crafted components (“winter” set from Winterspring leather and stuff) that can “eat” current gear to gain their ilvl/stats/some progression
  • Professions have value and not just lucky token to craft in given expansion or patch…
1 Like

this ^^^^^^^^^^^

• Player driven subfactions and removing major faction restrictions (so Tauren and Night Elf that join Cenarion Circle can play together etc, instanced PvP based on subfaction hostilities?)

They could do this purely for dungeons and pvp content, or move it to pve aswell.
Imagine how cool if the cenarion circle joins hands with the nelf faction to grow a new world tree, having a questline and everything.

Super hard end game content for solo players, harder then mythic raiding.
with equal or better rewards.

M+ loot BIS for m+ pushing. meaning pushing m+ keys should be enough to push m+ keys, no raids needed.

I would enjoy it if all races got heritage armour in the next expansion. We all deserve it after all.

Alliance PvE (raiding, M+) is what is suffering the most from faction imbalance so it definitely must affect everything.

Nelf druids are already part of the org in one way or another. Same with some other nelf classes (guards, logistics, spies etc.). Making a tree would likely need some source of power like water from the well of eternity and dragon aspects blessing it or something (while dragon aspects are kind of depowered after Deathwing).

Subfactions would be a lore friendly way of removing faction restrictions while still having rivalries. Mentioned Cenarion Circle could be “at war” with Venture Co, Twilight Cultists and few more so guilds could form around such interactions. Not-my-warchief Orcs could join the Blackrock clan…

The removal of any further borrowed power systems.

Factions merging

3 Likes

WOW 2. with new engine and graphic and everything new in 2021 not an old game with minor updates

4 Likes

Only 0.5% want this kind of content.
Remove Torgast (analog) /maw, remove a large selection of difficulties in the raid, reduce timegates to a minimum. And of course the release of patches is more frequent than now.

1 Like

Seeing as i am an avid solo player, I like this ^^^^^^^

Let’s just say that subfactions is the optimal way of having the game and future lore being set up. The horde/alliance conflict is so dated at this point… I’d love to join defias fighting the noble faction in stormwind, or being in a goblin cartel, polluting an’ fighting the cenarion circle. I know my gnome (in her lore) is an avid ranger general in the argent dawn, and later argent crusade, and would love more interactions with that.

They make us grind these reputations for only a tabard, wouldn’t it be cool to actually feel like a member?

1 Like

I just want a good, fun game.

1 Like

Go play the New World then :wink:
Or CS:GO.
WoW is not fun anymore.

I find CS:GO more fun than this shet WoW.
In CS:GO you can /spit and be racist!
In CS:GO you dont get silence for 2-3 months…

Gameplay wise, I want player housing and solo queue PVP.

Story wise, I want to go back to Azeroth and stop being the saviour or the world.

3 Likes
  • Cross faction play
  • Stop the forced and cringeworthy Alliance/Horde rivalry stories
  • No more garrison/follower gameplay
  • Chromie time to work to max level so we’re not limited to same content for the last few levels
  • Option to queue for all WoW dungeons (Chronie time)
  • Brawlers guild
  • A more colourful expansion, the last four have just been dark hallways, fel green and just grey
  • Return to Azeroth, rework some old zones, kind of like what was done in Cata
  • More customisable options for races, night elf males look weird, undead need more features etc…this is a big opportunity
  • New class animations, Unholy DK for example look very stiff, maybe update pet animations too. WW monk carries a weapon but it just sits on their back, it looks silly when they’re fighting, SPriest with their permanent purple blur…
  • Casting and wielding animations, can I use my staff to shoot out frost bolts? Can I actually use my wand?
  • Unique class quest line to unlock customisable abilities, basically Warlock green fire
3 Likes