What drew you in to the race you roleplay?

I was always drawn to the Night Elves since Warcraft 3 as a young kid, something about just very nature-themed races in Fantasy have been my shtick, in other games as well. Seeing your base come alive and fight back the invaders instead of just your units was really cool, and then learning that 'wait, I can be one of them* when seeing first gameplay of WoW was a done deal.

I was afraid of the lore at first, so Night Elves weren’t the race I started with, but after some time I decided to make an effort and they became my main RP race as well.

2 Likes

Really great movie

1 Like

I wanted a fresh start with a race that was in a stasis for 20k years so I could rp and explore the world anew without having to have my character log around the baggage of the past grievances, trauma or wars.
After playing night elves for years and the whole Night Warrior vengeance thing I sort of became internally tired of conflicts and this Dracthyr girl allows me to restart my love for rp and the lore from a different perspective.
(I also think both forms are visually interesting and I always liked dragons)

1 Like

Lord Shen from the 2nd movie is unironically such a cool villain.

Also all 3 films are great.

3 Likes

I’m a dragon.

:dragon_face:

Onto a more serious response. The fish out of water taken to it’s most extreme yet of new races has been a great deal of fun to RP out. Alongside that has also come a feeling of things being very fresh on that character. Learning about history, concepts, etc. While that won’t last forever that is one of the more enjoyable aspects of RPing a dracthyr at this time.

On the OOC front, gameplay and visuals have also really got me hooked. So my dracthyr has become my PvE, PvP and RP main.

Also curious to see what more lore is to be revealed surrounding the dracthyr as the patches go on. And hoping that we’ll get proper transmog for the dracthyr form soon.

Why in gods name would I choose any other race when a giant golden warrior of a T-rex god is a choice?

2 Likes

Flying Dwarves innit

1 Like

Willem Dafoe.

7 Likes

I now expect you to give your best cackling laughter while flying at your enemies atop a floating disc and throwing pumpkin-bombs at them.

4 Likes

I main a Kul Tiran mage because I really loved the world building and atmosphere of Kul Tiras in BFA. It was love at first sight.

Kul Tiras #1 human nation, and the statistics prove this

Suramar was pretty neat really

1 Like

It’s an okay town. Not as cultured and artistic as Orgrimmar has to offer though.

3 Likes

I think you’ll find I’ve glued at least nine hundred spikes to my house and sprinkled sand all over so it’s at least as good now

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re staying up to date to the latest fashion.
Zug is all the rage right now.

I already ordered my fur shorts and leather chest belts for this summer fashion.

1 Like

I started off as a forsaken way back in ol Vanilla because I absolutely adore their lore and the mood. But I was still very much learning how to roleplay at that point and probably didnt represent the race very well. Then came blood elves, and everything was new and flashy and interesting with TBC so I made a belf. While I love their elitist overtone and the beautiful chefs kiss double edged sword they balance upon; their magic makes them very powerful, but also insane. So the more powerful you get, the more insane you get.

Eventually I ended up on AD Alliance because of RL friends and I have been playing a human mainly ever since. Its not my favorite race but they are versatile. A human can be pretty much anything, and the longer I’ve been roleplaying the more Ive enjoyed the more down to earth sort of roleplay. (or down to sea, since pirate roleplay hue hue…) I’ve got pirate captains, Kirin Tor mages, Twilight Hammers and urchins, all within the same race and it making sense - so for me as an altoholic, humans fit me the best.
I think one of my favorite traits with the humans is their lifespan. I struggle roleplaying characters that have lived for millenia +

Having said all this though, I miss Horde. Horde is best.
Forsaken, orcs, trolls - they’ve got the coolest lore and most interesting concepts for me. Maybe I’ll come back one day.

1 Like

I am that kind of orc.

1 Like

Personally I always had a preference for Dwarves. Particularly those of tolkien’s writings. A dour people but also filled with music and life, honour and a great skill at their crafts.

Took me a long time to kinda make my way into the Dwarven rp scene but when I did I really fell in love with it. Alot of people perceive dwarves as alcoholism in meme form and its been a reputation thats sadly been well earned.

But there is also something else there. A love of music, stories and crafting and I really hope that with time people will come to see it and fall in love with the race as I have.

5 Likes

As somebody who has enjoyed roleplay as nightelf and worgen before, I am trying to build this one simply because of the immersion. To roleplay decently as a possibly ancient elf or a worgen, struggling constantly with the beast, is absolutely doable, yet takes some effort. Thus I decided to go into high-fantasy but from the perspective of a human without access to magic. Trying to roleplay the effect a simple knight can have, and how to deal with such a… vibrant world makes more fun to me, than my attempts before in all honesty.

So in summary, I liked to play as somebody not standing out from the other blades of grass by design, but rather through character and decisions. Maybe something needed as I see every second roleplayer within the capital seems to have scales as of late. :3

Back to formula?!

Now why did I choose Vulpera… Well the furry argument is obviously a part of it, I prefer furry races in terms of looks, and I wanted one on the Horde side because miss me with the Alliance, besides I despise worgens and their Lore.
Could have been Tauren, but too bulky for me, I’m not fan of chonkers. Could have been Pandaren, and I actually was until Vulperas came out.

What sold me on Vulperas is their Lore, lacking as it is. We are speaking of a race that is incredibly adaptive, who has been closed to the world until not even 10 years ago, and with an appearance very unlike their actual capabilities and personality - who would believe a cute widdle foxxie will literally stab your kidneys to get your waterskin of water, and can survive easily on basically nothing ?
Where you can easily see something unfinished, and Vulperas definely are, I saw a blank slate to work upon with few ingredients. Both perfect for creativity and an immense challenge of making a compelling character/story from very little.

4 Likes