What exactly is *meme'ing* in WoW

I wonder if there are some “young folks” reading this thread and thinking about posting a detailed explanation to enlighten us all, but then thinking “nah, they’re too old. They won’t get it” and deleting their reply…

5 Likes

They are probably rolling their eyes at us :joy:

2 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54721/im-too-old-for-this-ship :smile:

Everyone here does know what an actual meme is, which is great! Because thats what memes are, i just think some using the term Meme’ing wrong inside wow.

2 Likes

Took this from urban dictionary

• The act of saying something completely inane and dumb but in a way that makes it sound as if you’re quite serious about it whether you are or are not.*

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm=Memeing&amp=true

1 Like

But that’s called being sarcastic xD
I guess im actually getting old as well now :c

2 Likes

Wait what??? When did I miss this class and what am i

Yes that is called sarcasm so I might be old aswel because I am lost on memes sometimes I’m 26 but some youngsters in here would call my age old to them I am of course talking about teens on this forum I am old compared.

1 Like

For me, memes are ideas that repeat and spread themselves, they are not the same as a gif, the funny images people use. A funny image is only a meme if it’s used a lot.

Actually the term was coined by Richard Dawkins, hardly a hip young kiddo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m 25, and yeah… were getting “old” in their eyes xD

1 Like

Depends on when u are born :joy:

Hehe but it’s still encouraging thought that we don’t have to say back in my day yet lol.

1 Like

Please tell me I’m a boomer cause I feel like one, but I have a feeling I don’t get to be one being born in 94

1 Like

Could the 20 yr olds please stop talking as if you were ol’timers. You guys are depressing me :unamused: :laughing:

2 Likes

Really? That’s very interesting… Spends afternoon googling the history of memes

2 Likes

Oh but u do :hugs:

Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, with 1981 to 1996 a widely accepted definition.

1 Like

Will I ever get rights to post images? Been on forums long time. I’ve been good!

hope this helps :slight_smile:
Its to get to Trust Level 3

1 Like

I never even considered looking up Warcraft memes before, but after a quick research, I find this one funny

1 Like

5 Likes