What Expansion did you love the most?

Probably legion

WotLK no doubt, best music, first qol changes which were good back then, best login screen, class balance, good PvP, gems, enchants, best last raid ever about which i would sing a songs to this day :slight_smile:

Actually all raids in WotLK were magnificent, even Nax stolen from vanilla :smiley:

Not taking anyone serious if they say any of the expansions after wotlk.

TBC and Wotlk were the best by far, TBC for the content and was just an overall fun experience.
Wotlk because of Class design, every class was different but had tools.

Resource wise, right now everything is either a rogue or warrior just with different spell effects and names.

3 Likes

Probably Wrath, MoP or Legion.

Legion by far , class fantasy , legendaries , story , order hall , battling those demons stuff like that :slight_smile:

To all the people who picked Legion, I redirect you to this thread:

You guys are insane.

It’s between TBC and WotLK.

Vanilla was fun, but I hit 60 just as TBC launched, so while the leveling journey was amazing, I didn’t really get to cut my teeth as far as endgame goes.
I loved the raids in TBC and I had a lot of fun playing with a couple dozen of friends.
WotLK is where I started raiding more “seriously” and experimenting with different classes. I suppose this is where I stopped being a noob and became a bit more aware of what’s good. Not only for my class, but for most of them. Raids and dungeons were, again, a lot of fun with most of the people I had played with throughout Vanilla and TBC; though, a few had quit after playing WotLK for a while.

If you put a gun to my head, I would probably ultimately pick WotLK. Not saying that the expansion itself and its content were factually better than that in TBC. But personally, that’s where I “leveled up” as a WoW-gamer.

Oh, and the lore in WotLK is 10/10. Warcraft 3, baby.

Peace

2 Likes

If i could go back to legion I would do it in a heartbeat.

Great story, great zones, great quests, great dungeons, loved the artefact system, loved how you could get legendaries from pretty much anything so all content was worth doing.

It was just a lot of fun

I cant decide between Cataclysm and MoP.

1 Like

Legion was absolute best for me so far, granted I did not play that much but whole pandas/plant growing/beer dungeons would knock it down anyway.
DPS class design was cool, healer class design… meh.

Mists of Pandaria. I’d say that was the expansion when I was at my peak with this game fun-wise, and also I had some raiding successes with my guild back then that brings me fond memories.

I don’t know man. Each has something for me.

Vanilla:
I have two very strong memories of vanilla WoW
1: I was questing in the salt flats on my hunter, killin turtles and scorpions as you do when BAM, A GOD DAMN ROGUE jumps me. I assume death is on the cards for me, hes a level higher and I’m already half health. So I decide to kill the turtle and come back to get my quest item from its corpse. however, the turtle dies and I ding! I hadn’t noticed my XP and on ding I got full health and mana. So I managed to kill the rogue, as he had used all his CDs already.
2: I paid 900g for epic riding on a tuesday night, it dropped to 100g the next day. Since then I always read patch notes.

TBC:
Fighting for ores and herbs. I also set up a community PvP event on Darksorrow where people could come in their groups to live areas in Blades edge and Nagrand to duke it out. Sadly, not long after making the event, my PC died and I couldn’t take part and our rival guild, < ScumBags > Alliance on Darksorrow took the crown.

WOTLK:
Got a 3 day suspension for another PvP event which crashed Northrend. It was called Supremacy of the Frozen Wastes, it took place in Dragonblight and the Alliance cheated.

CATA:
I had a friend from vanilla, and due to the last pvp season being so long we leveled alts, and we stayed up so many nights to practice with them in 2v2, I miss Sharif, my friend who played a shaman called Axxe

MoP:
Made me realise maybe I dont like pandas all that much

WoD:
Broke my heart, they ruined Grom for me.

Legion:
Loved the mage tower, and playing DH was a lot of fun.

BFA:
It’s gonna end soon

Edit:
Vanilla PvP event I hosted-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Frn6CtVm44
I don’t think you see me in the video, but the guy put me in the description. My priest was called Nÿx
Same event but alliance perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNwruyRSIaE

WOTLK Event in dragonblight. We agreed no flying mounts, but the alliance didnt listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94QzAt7Jin4

1 Like

Cataclysm for the zones, despite what it did to the gameplay.

I’m wrath too. It was current when I started playing and it was amazing, didnt do much online gaming back then and it just felt like a living world that I could enter any time. Married with 3 kids now and i still find time to play (far less though haha).

For me it’d be WotLK and MoP, hard to say which I loved more because they were both great and had their own pros and cons.

Wrath of the Lich King:

• PvP: In WotLK I felt like PvP was just a blast, I wasn’t any good at it, but it was still really fun. And people cared a lot more about PvP back then.

• Exploration: I just loved exploring places in WotLK, more specifically I enjoyed to abuse make use of the wall-walking and wall-jumping which was something you could do on nearly any wall or steep hill.
    Sadly, the Cata revamp removed this really fun aspect of the game.
    This kind of stuff is still fascinating and some of the most fun things to do even in BfA, though there’s much less of it left in the game.

Mists of Pandaria:

• PvE: The “Troves of the Thunder King” where you were trying to reach the end of the mini dungeon as fast as possible while looting chests, i really enjoyed that and wish they’d bring it back.

• Achievements: This is where my interest in achievement-farming peaked. There were so many new fun and interesting challenges to complete.

• Proving Grounds: While Proving Grounds still exist in the game, we all know it’s not the same these days… back when it was new it was considered fairly prestigeous to have completed the higher wave achievements.

• Systems: Almost all the game systems were really good too, things like reforging, gear upgrades with conquest/valor points, color-specific sockets + socket bonuses, tier sets and set bonuses, and so on… all these systems were just good additions to the game

If ranking all expansions, I’d probably go with: WotLK > MoP > Legion > Cata > BfA > WoD

Sorry for the wall of text… I tried making it a bit shorter when I realized how big my post was by adding notes to words/sentences, they’re the ones that have dotted underlines.

1 Like

Lorewise: WoD (Honestly best story telling for me!)
Gamepay: Legion

1: Wotlk as it was the expansion where I meet the best ppl and had so much fun with them and still have contact with most of them.
Wotlk also for it’s good lore, music and feeling.

2: Legion as it felt almost like a new game ( for me atleast )
I realy enjoyed playing all classes and specs aswell in Legion.

I have only played since Cata (not including private servers & classic) so I have 2 answers:

My favourite I’ve played when it was current retail was Cata pre dragon soul

My favourite overall based on private servers, classic wow & videos/research I’ve done on them is TBC

spec fantasy, not class.
Different.

WTLK
MoP
Legion