What happened to balance? :)

Giving a class insane self-healing, baked-in purge, a ranged interrupt, top dps, ss tier mobility and CC to spare a bit much no?
What happened to “Self-healing and survivability? Can’t have have mobility and dps then.” Or “Good sustained damage and self-healing? Ok no mobility and defensives then.”
Or “High mobility and good burst? Well, you ain’t got any cc then. GL scoring a kill. Work together with your teammate you lazy…man.”
How does it sound actually being able to kill a resto druid without dampening if he makes a mistake and doesn’t have bear to eat all that damage?
Or being able to run from a DH since despite his insane mobility he lacks a stun and slow to make it count.
What happened to hybrid classes being the only ones with self-healing? Why does the rogue sippy-cup heal more than spriest shadowmend? And who had the idea to give DH that amount of leech and dodge? Seems like someone forgot Overpower isn’t in the game anymore.
I like this game :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Don’t forget they also have built-in heat vision to negate rogues stealth openers or prevent them from resetting :upside_down_face:
It kinda goes unnoticed most of the time, but it’s actually a rather powerful feature that shouldn’t be overlooked.
DH is the swiss army knife of classes.

5 Likes

If people had approved of Blizzard when they started pruning the classes, then the class design today would likely revolve more around strengths and weaknesses.

But people didn’t approve.

The sentiment was more toward the opposite, i.e. getting more abilities, more utility, more strengths, fewer weaknesses, etc…
So classes today are rather fleshed out and niché areas are few and far between (compared to Classic WoW for example).

I think balance’s doing fine. I see a boomkin once in a while.

Gone, reduced to atoms

Balance died with monks and especially with demon hunters, literally the definition of the most anti-fun melee in the game.

I mean S15 balance was amazing so can’t blame it on monks.

I don’t know how giving a class this amount of cc, mobility, damage and survivability could’ve seemed right on paper.
Also don’t forget AOE stun that does significant damage :slight_smile:
I really want to talk to whoever came up with this to understand the thought process. Rather to ask if there was any.

1 Like

They shud return overpower to warriors to counter DH.

Overpower did huge damage, but was only available when someone dodged the warrior. Also overpower itself couldn’t be dodged.

I bet if it were still in the game DHs could somehow dodge it. Why ? No one could ever dodge in the back. Then Legion came, DHs were created and guess what, they already bypassed an essential rule about a mechanic that had been in the game since dawn.

2 Likes

Tbh I think nothing can be done without the class getting gutted into the ground. Their spells working two ways in almost every scenario is just too much of a detriment for any balance to take place. Take away about half the toolkit and split everything that does two things into seperate buttons with …actual cooldowns, not that joke 1min cd on Blur. The half they took away can make for a third specc, focused on cc or something.

If you’d stop commenting that would be great

11 Likes

I thought this was a complaint about pvp balance lol

If you’d stop being so bloody rude that would be great

1 Like

Grow up, please.

2 Likes

The answer to why they made DH’s the way they are is rather simple.

In an evolving gaming society where ‘equal opportunities’ for all people, regardless of race, creed, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity is becoming more realised, Blizzard have conceptualised and developed Demon Hunters. Demon Hunters have been designed to cater for the severely disabled and to give them an opportunity in a new world where they can beat the sh1t out of anyone or anything, without consequence.

Give demon hunters a break. Just think of how happy that poor disabled bloke is bashing away at his keyboard, finally achieving some sense of power. Remember, when you log off, you have your whole world ahead of you…demon hunter players, not so much.

4 Likes

Oof.
In ten characters.

I will as you show me how to kite a dh as a warr.

1 Like

Well, did we ever had that? Mage?! Rogue?! …

Are you supposed to kite melee classes as a warrior?