What happened to the dragons?

So it seems to me that in Dragonflight there has been a complete redesign of how dragons look, and I am not really a fan of it.
Look at the Azure Drake for example. That’s how like 70% of dragons used to look in WoW, now their new design has made them more… idk… fat? Is that the word I am looking for? Now I already said it…
Bulky! And short! They are more wide than John Cena. Even if you look at the old big dragons like Azuregos, they did not look like that, they were kind of slim, tall, and not with such a wide face. I wish they had kept that design.
I am not that fond of the new dragons. I mean they have an expression sorta like Smaug, but they really don’t look like WoW dragons.
Only some Aspects haven’t really deviated from the design. Elite privileges and everything.
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the new drake, especially when compared to the old ones where the spike on the back would impale the rider…

They look much better imo.

That’s okay. You don’t have to like it. But neither does Blizzard have to change it because you specifically dislike it :slight_smile:

You specifically always seem to be overdefensive of Blizzards art decisions.
I don’t care if you are a 3d artist yourself, I know that 3d art is hard, but you don’t always have to rush and be defensive and passive aggressive over it, unless you work there, which I doubt.
Quit trying to defend Blizzard from every kind of criticism because you have some weird mindset that you know what it’s like to do the job therefore they can’t do it any better.

2 Likes

Valajar drake > other drakes.

3 Likes

Or heres a crazy thought people can disagree with you and actually like something. Shocking ikr

People are allowed a different opinion to you. There’s nothing wrong with that.

I am not saying there is something wrong with disagreeing, but I have been in these forums for a couple years now and that guy is ALWAYS fervently defending Blizzards artistic opinions, and one time he did actually say that he defended it because he was a 3d artist himself, which is a stupid argument.
Disagree with me all you like, but do not do it out of some weird sense of self importance.

I guess technologies improved, so they were able to create new and better looking models.

The “changes” are a great improvement.

This is the WoW forums. Only 1 opinion is allowed, and we all have to fight for ours to be it :smiley:

3 Likes

Updated models =/= redisgned, new models
:exploding_head:

Well Vanilla was how many years ago?

You think they still want to be using the number of Polygons now as they were back then?

I never claimed to work at Blizzard (and so far I have no clear intention to ever do as long as their working conditions are in the current state). I am merely expressing my belief that taste is subjective and you can dislike things if you want. But as I said, just because something is not in your liking doesn’t mean it should be changed.

I did buy Dark Souls 3 a few years ago. Played it a bit. Hated it for its difficulty (despite it being one of the easiest). But you will never see me complaining about its difficulty. I simply accept it is not a product made for me.

Same with Diablo 4. I expressed in the forums my disliking for the paid battle pass being tied to the seasonal realms, forcing you ultimatively to play the seasons if you want to unlock the battle pass items you paid for. Gladly I didn’t buy that pass. But if those decisions stay regarding the pass, I will just simply not play the game anymore.

They can do it better. I wouldn’t have asked again and again in various threads for reworks of old models and expressed my outright hate for the old graphics of WoW from Pre-MoP. In fact, I do that since I joined in BfA.

Also, quite interesting that I said you can dislike what you want but have to expect that things won’t change and you here outright want to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn’t. Quite ironic, don’t you think?

You were clearly being passive aggressive in your response, and you even sent me the killer face :slightly_smiling_face:

Bruh.
Can you communicate?
I am not complaining about the higher res model. I am saying that the DESIGN of the dragons is different. There could be a higher res version of the old slim dragons, but they made these bulky weird new ones instead. What is so hard to understand?

No. I was trying to be friendly. I am afraid your paranoia got the better of you.

The head shape is all that matters and they look so much better

*Nether Drake but otherwise yes.

1 Like

idk what is this drake slander, my drake looks MAJESTIC
I call him lord bananas (https://imgur.com/a/s14VKj7)

Pick 5 houses in your street, do all people living in those houses look the same?

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of the new drake design either. I think it deviates too much from the old one, and the different customisation options for them make some of the NPCs look strange.

I like the new dragon models, though. It feels like they kept the spirit of the old design.