What I hope Classic will make Blizzard rethink

I havent seen many streamers/youtubers talking much about that. The streamers I view not at all, but I think atm THIS should be the biggest topic.
Its fantastic that we will be able to finally play Classic, the hype is real, food delivery stocks have never been that higher and red bull will make a huge amount of money in august BUT what will happen 6 months from now? 1 year from now? Classic is a great opportunity for blizzard to compare it to retail and actually think to the future of WoW. I dont think Classic is the future, its still retail that should keep Blizzard busy. It would be a great opportunity to change the direction that wow is taking and hopefully come back to its roots. We play WoW because its an MMO, and not in istanced game where I can do pratically 90% of the content queing inside Orgrimmar. One does not play an FPS to expect a turn based gameplay. This is what retail missed and why its failing. We could talk about world quests, the heart of azeroth, whatever, the thing is that wow its not itself anymore. And this is the core aspect that needs to be remade. Classic hopefully will be able to make blizzard realize what is good and what is wrong, because there are good aspects from the newer game! Like Isle Exp… nah joking, I like Mythics tho

16 Likes

Rofl, this Classic fuss is becoming like Brexit.
I don’t need to expand.

6 Likes

Mark my words, Classic will fail.

People won’t grind as much, as they used to at the dawn of computer games.

2 Likes

It kept me interested for a whole 10 minutes… I missed my modern WoW comforts too much.

6 Likes

Well I would play 50/50 both games since a part of my heart is in classic and when I get bored I can still switch to que from SW streamlined wow it works out perfectly in my head but probably far away from the truth.And occasionally play Diablo 3 judge me how much you want but I played Diablo franchise when I was 9 or 10 years old while watching my older brother slaying demons and finishing the game with hes sorceress and druid.

2 Likes

I missed AOE looting and mobs I could actually hit without them dodging or resisting half my attacks.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit early to say Blizzard need to rethink based on Classic, it’s not even out yet and while I hope it’s a success, it’s not dead certain it will be. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot that part about the hit rating cap. Decade is a long time.

For me WC3 was the most played ,and replayed game. Even without any new content.

The ability to drawn myself in classic and it’s delicious sophisticated but ultimately easy when you boil in it for a few months systems is great distraction.

If I will find good players to hung out with I will focus more on it 100%.
And I think all who plan to behave decently will have a chance to meet good folk there.

As a game addict I suspect Classic to cause much stonger addiction than retail.

6 Likes

The one thing that I felt sticking out was the tiny bit more RPG feeling classic has and that I felt that I do miss on retail.

But then there is also a good chunk of features I like a lot more on retail.

Overall I’m enjoying classic, not surprising since I enjoyed vanilla back in the days. But for the most part I don’t want to go back to most of it.

1 Like

Depends on what the metrics for success are. I doubt it’ll be anything but a net positive in terms of revenue due to people subscribing for Classic only and that’s the only reason Blizzard needs to keep it going.

To me it’s a positive to have it, though TBC would’ve offered more to me in terms of max level content. I get to use retail for content focused on max level, while Classic will offer a level’ing, RPG and community feel that i sorely miss in the game currently.

3 Likes

It is too early to say what from Classic would work well in retail. But they should definitely look into replacing our current sharding with layering.

I hope it’s a success and we’ll see TBC and Wrath servers. For now it’s just hype train. How the numbers work out once it goes live remains to be seen.

4 Likes

Oh but bring back hunters having to feed their pets!! I would reroll for that.

2 Likes

I’m not too sure about WotLK myself, on one hand it offers somewhat better class design, especially for some of the less utilized specs before then, but then there’s heroic dungeons made trivial early into the expansion and things like LFG introduced midway through.

Then again, maybe i’m just biased towards TBC due to it being the point i started playing the game. Both are likely years down the line if Classic turns out to be success, so nothing to really worry about either way.

And then watch all the hunter rolling MM so they can go lonewolf to save the hassle.

Good! If they can’t bother feeding their pets they shouldn’t be pet owners!! :rage::rage: You need to take responsibility.

3 Likes

What about undead pets?

Undeads eat brains of course.

I started during TBC as well :slight_smile: