What if we removed free Warsong Mark given for loss?

Im not trolling. WSG for alliance is hell. Mostly because a lot of people dont care. They can just coast to their honor and rep with a string of miserable losses, producing plenty of toxicity along the ride. I don’t believe this game is played by morons. I think everyone could improve. Its just that right now, we don’t have to.
IDK what would happen if it was removed, but it can hardly be worse than now. Best case scenario, people actually start to organize, making more premades, communicating better, making voice chats, worst people stop playing altogether.
I am not expecting this post to ever change anything, but i am curious about what other people think.

3 Likes

as a horde, sure!! sounds like a great idea. I will slay the ally while knowing they wont even get a mark for it xD exelent !

Yeah, every 3 days when queue pops.

3 Likes

And people thought I was crazy suggesting alliance needs a forfeit option after 5 minutes for mental health.

1 Like

It would be horde vs horde a long time before that. And occasionally a horde vs ally where ally would be totally stomped without a mark even lol.

Good times to be an ally :smile:

1 Like

But if its Horde vs Horde, you would be on the losing side of the stick, dont know how that’s a “gotcha” in this situation.

For anybody avoiding/failing in BGs, which historically has been Alliance, SoD is the best version yet. With rep and honor being bought for STV coins, there’s no reason for a Alliance group to even enter a BG without any award whatsoever. That would just cause the deaths of BGs overall, which is a loss for both sides.

1 Like

I would be on the losing side sometimes and the winning side sometimes. It’s not optimal with same faction bgs, but when ally players are so horrible, then it is what it is.

Don’t even start talking about shamans now. Cause playing vs shamans won’t make ally be horrible at responsing to calls etc

I think we’ve come to a point where same faction WSG/AB would bring more positives than negatives with SoD. Worth trying considering solo BG queues are now reaching a full hour on Horde side, promoting premade queue on one faction and not the other.

Or even merc mode. In that way ally could get shamans on their team too

Untill proper pvp balance is implented i don’t see any bg participation from alliance anytime soon. Also everyone and their mom rerolled orc+shaman with the 100% exp increase.

1 Like

Wasnt mentioned anywhere, dont know where you got this from?

marks should be multiplied by 100.

Then add formula that computes time spend in BG, number of kills, flags captured, flags returned, damage done, healing done.

then if it’s a 30min bloodbath, both sides gets lots of marks, winner would OFC get more, but if it’s AFK one side, then losers get zero and winners gets marginally more than zero.

Interesting question. Removing one Warsong Mark for loss will increase the “Go next”-mentality I think.

The underlying assumption of this mentality is, that it is either not possible to win (“bro they have shaman”) or that it is inefficient to play (“bro you want to waste 30 minutes for what?”).

Now if you do not believe you can win, removing the loss mark will not incentivize you to play. If you think a 30 min win is inefficient compared to a 10 min los with 1 mark, you might actually be inclined to play if the loss mark is removed, depending on how you estimate your average wsg win chances.

Say you have an 50% winrate under 10 minutes. It makes sense to forfeit if you believe a win will take at least 30 minutes. However, what percentage of ally puggers has a 50% winrate under 10 minutes?

Great idea.

I always had hard time playing proper WSG with the Alliance.

Now I play Horde and to be fair I’m never really happy to see too many easy wins because the opposite team is giving up so easily.

There is no reason to “GG”, “GZ” or “WP” when you don’t really to fight, it’s just boring.

And it’s obviously even worse when your own teammates don’t care because at the end they will have their one mark.

If SoD it’s supposed to be an experimentation, not allowing a single mark for the losing side should be tested.

Hopefully the lazy players will learn the meaning of “teamwork”.

Top 3 bad ideas

2 Likes

That’s why I said “don’t start”…

not really, i can guarantee you will lose majority of ally willing to do it in the first place. then you really won’t be seeing much activity in it.

extremely bad idea sorry. WSG is a living hell currently for everyone. you have horde with 1 hour queues and alliance just get absolutely stomped because lets face it. shammys are just ridiculous.

i’ll start wsg and give it ago for about 3 minutes. if i get nuked from the off which is normally the case i’ll just afk at the GY. sad reliaty is that until its balanced which as of now it never will be its just better to afk lose.

i dont want to be their majority of others dont want to be their and as the blizzard team thinks its completely acceptable to put neither crafted or a PVE raid drop bracers in for phase 2. we have little choice if we want the upgrade. why they havent allowed either STV coins to be used for rep or REP tokens from waylaid supplies i’ll just never know.

I don’t really get it: why do you people think players actually give up /afk in WSG after a few failed attempts ?

Right, most of the time it’s because the opposite faction is too strong and there is nothing we can do about it, got it.

But the other question (and probably the right one) is to wonder why some teams are actually better than others ?

Probably because they just want to win, and they want it more than others.

Yes, gear matters, a lot, got it.

But teamwork matters even more.

If half of the team is geared but has no idea what to do, no idea how to work with others, when to regroup, how to improve clever moves with others, well, then half of the team is as useless as an emotionally weak wanna-be pvper.

I guess some people keep being bad and are bad to work with others because they don’t really have to do it after all. And they will probably never learn to do it.

Because one way or another they’ll get their mark at some point.

No saying everyone will magically become good if we remove the mark for the losing team. But everyone will have even more reason to take over the lead, to listen to the calls, to make calls and make sure to contribute positively.

Probably some players will be even more motivated to farm decent gear and consums to secure wins. Who knows, isn’t sky the limit ?

I don’t know, it perfectly makes sense to me. I fail to understand how some can’t see this. Or I must be a genius.

Preparation is the result. Motivation as well. And we deserve the result we have according to these two factors.

no, i seen the horde fighting they have better everything. idk why but higher hp, higher defences, dmg higher, overall better and not only that they are smart enough to kill priest first, which hurts knowing you are going down first… you change it right now, you lose most allys that are willing to even try.