What is a lot of gold? - warband bank

The personal criticism I have rather than the gold sink is that the stack size is exactly the same as the normal bank.

Maybe set the access to 1,000 items for a trial client or inactive client, and keep it at 1,000 for a guild bank.

But a shared bank for all my characters and I would have wanted the stack size to be 5,000 or even 10,000 of an item. Yeah, I got certain things in there already so characters with “same professions” can have use of it.

Maybe limit item deposit to 1,000 maximum per day for the auction house and give us a 10,000 stack. And this could also thwart the “bot gatherers” from gathering and dumping it all on AH that way.

I have roughly a million gold, earnt passively (more or less) over the last few expansions. I’ve never worked the Mission Table, never done profession beyond the hobby stage (except maybe to gear some alts), I’ve never played the AH, I’ve never bought a token, I’ve never farmed gold per se.
I’ve never bought the Yak mount as 120,000g for an ugly mount never seemed like good value. Same goes for most of the recoloured mounts out there. 10,000g saved is 10,000g earnt…

So I won’t be buying those tabs beyond the first couple.
Meh. I dislike the idea of useful gold sinks. A true Gold Sink should be a vanity item not something actually useful. The Longboi was fine, I don’t need a mobile AH (I don’t really see that as any more useful than a bank alt).

Not playing, but working game.

But mostly people don’t want to have second work aside of the one IRL.

2 Likes

The average player does not need that much storage anyway.

i only bought the first one so far. never had the need for a account bank, and when i upgrade i’ll never get the last tab. It’s way to expensive even though i can easily afford it.

If we somehow managed to live without warband bank for 20 years, how is it suddenly basic player convenience and becomes a necessity like air we breathe?

Bank slots are simply not collection Items like mounts, etc. No matter what bank they belong to. Those 2 bags with luxury prices attached to them also don’t offer anything that might explain such a steep price and at the same time you have alternatives 160~650 times cheaper per slot if you take the average slot price of the warbank at 4 and at 5 tabs respectively. (bank chars with 32 slot bags + full bank slots + reagent bank + 6 tabs guild bank)

Also while Brilho is not completely wrong with saying the “average player” wouldn’t need that much storage, the warbank is part of the warband feature, which is a feature set made especially for people playing multiple chars, no matter if they’re rich ingame or not and those of us who do have a lot of chars easily need a lot of storage and could make good use of those 5 tabs. But for sure not for that amount of gold, while we can create a bank char with over 1.000 slots für less than 11.000 gold. Tab 2 of the warbank, which I think is still reasonable priced, costs alone more than 2 bankchars together. Means it costs more than over 2.000 slots of storage.

Of course the warbank has some added value, since it is directly shares between that chars and can hold warband bound items, which not every slot of a bankchar can do.
But the use is by no means outweighing the cost.

250k or maybe even 350k as the total cost of all 5 tabs would be way more reasonable.

PS: I could afford 4 tabs and would still have a bit over 1m gold left between all my chars, but because of the prices, I did only buy one yet and do consider buying a second one.

You’ve never heard of people creating guilds only for their personal storage?
Or dedicated Bank characters? What rock you’ve been living under?

Even better - with so much storage available, getting even more storage is a luxury, not nessecity and should be pricey, just like bruto mount.
It is good to have goal in a game, it keeps people interested , in this case it is gold hurdle. Those who really want it will get required gold, just like bruto mount.

Oh yeah…what a goal. Yes, I finally have the gold together for the tab with 98 slots, which I don’t even need, since I can just spend a bit less than 11k to get another 1.000 slots.

No matter from what perspective you look at it, it doesn’t make any sense. I did even talk with quite a lot of people who can afford all tabs 10 times and more and most of those said, they did buy only 2 tabs because the rest offers no value supporting the price. So it’s not even a working gold sink. ^^

And I agree, I dont need those slots either. That doesnt mean there are no people around who might find it as good value.
Not to mention completionists.

Still not enough for it to work as gold sink, when even a lot (if not the majority) of those “with the money” (ingame) and a huge amount of items don’t buy it. They also still don’t offer any luxury value and nobody ever said he’s so happy he can work towards buying a bank tab. :wink:

Goblins passive racial doesn’t help with cost reduction? Or is it same price?

The goblin racial only works for faction NPCs to my recollection, unless they changed it since then.

As to the topic at hand OP will get a lot of different opinions about it as it really depends one’s capability and willingness to make gold. That is also depend on what content they play as well, and their personal skill level.

My personal opinion is that the majority are between the 500k and 1 million gold range. Just from playing the content available to you one generates enough gold for everyday expenses.

I only play one character seriously this expansion, which I played through every season in both M+ and raids up to mythic and I only went into negative earning when I decided to purchase PvP recipes for my profession to increase my knowledge.

The only content I do not actively participate in is PvP. I did world quests until I reached max reknown with the reputation factions and then I stopped so I dropped that passive form of income around the second season.

But I also use other forms of saving money. I do not die too often in M+, and for anything that isn’t a 20 (or 10 in the current season) I do not use burst potions for, only use R2 flasks. The only high quality stuff I use is crafted food which I craft for myself, and I got myself a Flavor pocket so the buff never drops.

All gear crafts that I needed I either did for myself, or I bought/farmed the materials and got a guildie to craft the piece for me for a token amount of gold. These in the long run saves a lot.

LMAO You’re the reason they nerfed WQ gold…
Oh Deer Oh Deer, Wait until the F2p people find you, RUN NOW run

1 Like

Then MMORPG is the wrong genre, and yes, sorry for the necro.

I am rarely on this avatar and did not see the date :smiley:

Idk, I’ve got about 3M and I don’t feel rich. It doesnt make sense to me btw that they’ve divided the forums by regions, I frequently google something wow-related and end up on the us forums, only to not be able to reply. They should merge the forums, so you access 1 regardless of region.

Tbh, make it possible for Europe and Us to play together as well.

I don’t need the additional tabs at all but if you’d get an achievement for buying all tabs I’d do it, just to make my mates jealous.

I’ve unlocked 2 tabs and really dont need, more even if I had the gold.