What is a lot of gold? - warband bank

If u think people will not do this you are OUT OF THE LOOP so hard I dont even know were to begin.

I have a guild bank will all tabs full. I could definitely use the tabs in the Warbank but will just make do with less of them at that cost.

1 Like

That BS and you know it. Those people there might make that amount of gold, yes, but they’re still a small minority. Most people do not make that kind of gold. I also did hear “everybody with enough alts for it to matter have that amount of gold” I have 20~30 (all realms together) Chars and I don’t even have 2 mil.

You might not, others do or at least would do if they would by those tabs. Especially those with many alts, what the whole warband system is made for anyways.

1 Like

It are really A LOT of slots though. I can’t imagine.

You might not agree, but it is not about filling all the slots all the time. You organize things in the tabs as well. There will always be some empty slots.

1 Like

Keep moving the line bro; Blizzard’s wallet will LOVE you for it!
Us gamers not so much tho; please at least try to represent your own interests over that of the shareholders of Microsoft… or is that too much to ask and you just live for bending the knee to these people?

1 Like

Thus why i added the line “for any one investing any proper amount of time/effort into the game”

If you don’t try to make gold or just slack, then you won’t have gold.

The game is like the USA, 99% of the wealth is held by 1% of the people

1 Like

It’s not about the timing really, I will never have that much gold because you don’t ever have so much unless you specifically grind gold which has always been mind-numbingly boring IMO.

100k /week is only casually possible if you specifically grind gold on all 4 of these characters all the time, and I think the main argument is that such a major feature shouldn’t be priced in a way that requires gold farming to max out. Shadowlands legendaries were also horribly priced and were an essential game feature, more so than WB, and it’s easy to draw the conclusion that the sinks exist only to promote tokens.

Time and effort have nothing to do with it, it’s the distribution of time and effort on grinding gold specifically. All my time in game is spent either leveling or doing endgame content, so I never have any gold.

That basically implies people who don’t have the gold don’t put enough time into the game and that is preposterous and absurd. Only because we don’t invest all the hours we do invest in the game into grinding gold or grinding or building things for selling on the AH.

1 Like

If you played the game you’d have the gold.

But if you wanna throw excuses due to your lack of trying, then sure. do that

Demonstrably false. If you play the game “for gold”, you will have gold.

Try raiding and doing M+ on 2-3 characters and spending gold on consumables and tell me how much you’ll average out in a week.

1 Like

I’m not an AH goblin, but I do play the game. Claiming something else without knowing better is, again, preposterous and absurd.
I did never see you standing behind me watching if I do play or not. And you can’t be my wife, since she’s always complaining I’m playing “the WoW” too much.

My ordinary bank is full of junk. Old legendarys hoa artifact weapons etc. unsellable stuff generally

Just having done most of the time the emissary in Legion and BFA, the calling in shadowlands and the field of ferocity quest twice a week would have brought you a lot of gold. I have played on 6 chars M+ this season. Previous seasons i have played all roles to +20 (and +26 on my main). I have ducking 8.5 M gold right. I have the BFA AH mount too. And i started this game in Legion so i came from nothing.

People who refuse to do anything in the open world dont have the gold. People who do just a little are swimming in it.

Imagine doing the field of ferocity on your 3 chars. It costs no time and you get weekly on average 2k gold. That is 6k gold for 5 minutes per week. I suppose your consumables are covered already.

Are you aware that all of your examples are from expansions that are 8, 6, and 4 years ago? Tell me what can be done to farm gold now that we have bi-weekly quest, and only some of them give meaningful amounts?

Is running dragon races on 10 different alts 2 times a week a normal form of gameplay? I am doing world contact at a normal pace, and I’ve never been close to being a millionaire. A few hundred thousand across all characters at most.

You started the game in the second-best expansion for making gold, which was also whooping 8 years ago. That’s far from nothing.

Are you aware i had 1 char in legion? People with multiple chars had a blast on the mission board. I had only 1 character and was a total noob.
Are you aware i gave examples about all expansions since legion, including DragonFlight?
What did you actually do in those expansions?

I am not doing dragon races. I have motion sickness with that. I do have since previous season 8 max level chars. Not 10. And i am only doing the field of ferocity on them. That is just summon a mob, kill the mob.

Whole thing seems like a thing for World Firsters to trawl realms for BoE’s hence the high cost.

To me anything over 10k is alot cause I only have 10k gold per character across 8 characters

3 Likes

Thank you all for your opinions / help.

I’ve played this game for 20 years and the prices are disgustingly outrageous even the first tabs.

People saying ‘you don’t NEEEEEEED’ all that storage, you could NEEEEEEEVER fill it up - you absolutely can, a lot of people really need it, a lot of people really want it, Blizzard knows this and this is pure exploitation for token sales.

Old gold sinks like flying and fast flying speed or the transmog mount actually were a massive gold investment but a convenience in active gameplay and a really cool new way to engage with the world.

This is storage. This is like a gold sink to gatekeep basic gameplay enhancements. This is not something people will joyfully grind for, this is nothing that changes the game in new and exciting ways, this is basic player convenience being gated behind absurd amounts of ingame currency that you can conveniently buy using IRL money.