What is considered good dps?

Hi guys. Trying to figure out what is acceptable dps?

Im getting.

13k on a training dummy.
10k on a mythic dungeon.

How does that stack up? Acceptable? Poor? Good? P.s. im geared pretty good.

P.p.s the above stats are with no flasks

Run LFR or other raid, log or use DPS meters and compare after fights. Do M+, upload logs to warcraftlogs and check your percentile.

1 Like

Your DPS is good if your name is at the top of the meters. :smiley: (joke, sorta)

Here’s what simulationcraft says your character can do on a 5-minute simple single-target fight - 18K:
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/3RoY6XVQDKPci3YhtfQ38F/simc

And here’s an average in M+ - 20K:
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/kNV3qNFbB9nufbsMayy4MA/simc

These are with flask, but flask will make maybe 3%-5% difference, so not a biggie.

(BTW, put a Quick Navigation enchant on your weapon. It’s not huge, but every bit helps.)

Meh it’s fine.

I’m at 17k in M+

and 13k in Raid.

Oh just checked your ilvl, well it’s not amazing tbh.

Enchant your weapon, check your talent, your stats priority.

check warcraft logs and it will tell you parse wise.

Check the internet, see how people are doing compared to you. Check where your class ranks vs the rest. See whats popular in M+ and raids, best talent/trait set up for x-encounters

Check Icy Veins It’s a very helpful site. :blush:

DPS is not the same as a good player.

2 Likes

You better check some guides, with your ilvl your DPS should be like 18k or more. Try icy-veins one, their fury warr guide helped me a lot.

With your ilvl of 394, It’s average. Not really great. Not terrible either.

Overall, What i learned in this game is simple. Unless you’re planning on going for world first, knowing tactics is more important than dps meter.

not really, its other way around. you only need tactics if you cant skip tactics using DPS :joy:

you might want to try doing LFR wing 2. Then you’ll realize what i’m talking about.

After being wiped 3 times because healers didn’t know how or what gem to pick, made me realize this.

lmao, doubt that’s a healer issue but yeah. DPS lets u skip mechanics.

dps in a very coordinated and highly skilled raid group or a guild group? Yea.

Random people gathering together? No chance. You can’t skip mechanics. Zerg happens to be effective against certain bosses. But most of them have a mechanic you have to follow, and people fail a LOT. You can’t imagine how many good groups couldn’t kill ghuun because orb runners failed every time.

i mean… idk how hard is “pick purple gem” but if everyone (healers) picks purple gem u can zerg oppulance in lfr :joy:

when I say DPS lets u skip mechanics, I dont mean you should literally stand in fire and DPS. I mean it with a basic common sense of 40 IQ - doing BASIC things while dpsing will let you skip mechanics.

< good group
< Lfr
< cant stand still while other person throws an object at you

:joy: yeah… no.

I’m talking about heroic ghuun. Everyone doing perfectly. tanks, dps, healers. Decent positioning, decent damage, decent healing, decent tanking. And then orb 5 fails and it’s wipe. Next round. Orb 4 fails and it’s wipe. Next time orb 5 again. You get the idea.

But generally speaking, what you consider 40 IQ is hard to come by, even in random heroic raids.

nah sorry but, if you fail orb run which was the easiest part of that fight, you arent close to a “good group”. like on mythic, maybe its excusable once in a while, but below, its literally stand still while other person throws an orb at you. :joy:

I actually didn’t care about curve last patch, because all the gears i needed belonged to the first 3 bosses mostly. So i just farmed them and didn’t bother with getting it. But i actually tried it for 2 days around the end of the patch, to get it. Most orb runners were solo runners. And they failed around the 20~30 times i gave it a shot. Sometimes groups weren’t good either. But almost always, someone failed the one mechanical part of the fight which was running the orb. Basically 20 people in a raid, and you fail over and over because you ccouldn’t find 6 demon hunter/warrior/monk, etc. who could solo run.

cherish your guild dude. In normal group finding ways, lots of people have curve by buying boosts while they’re basically zero in terms of contribution or usefulness.

the entire problem is, “solo runners”.

that fight didnt “need” solo runners, it was just more efficient because you could do tiny bit more damage to boss.

you could easly duo run.

and then again, most classes and specs can solo run with lock gate too so there’s also that if you really want to solo run.

I tried to pug HC for friends few times, and only 3 people failed.
it was pretty simple - we cleared 7 bosses, then went to ghuun, some people left, and we re-filled the group, then I said if anyone’d fail an orb run I’d kick them on spot, if it was duo run i’d kick both people. worked like a charm had to only replace 2 people through all my pugs :joy:

My 375 Destro Lock can push out 11.5k DPS at a target dummy unbuffed, and my imp can add another 2.5k to that. My neck is 33, too, so I’m missing many traits on all three of my azerite pieces.

I’m a distinctly average player, too, so I’d conclude that you’re a little on the low side, given your ilevel. Definitely slap a quickie on your weapon, and you may find experimenting with your talents could help you out immensely.