What is considered good dps?

Thanks for the info.

So where do i get the enchantment for my weapon?

How do i increase haste and reduce mastery?

Im using Helkill as my rotation adviser. But i am struggling on aoe. I think it skews everyone elses dps up and mine remains lowish

AH -> Item Enhancements -> Weapon -> Quick Navigation.

2 Likes

It probably doesnā€™t switch for AoE. Thatā€™s one problem with rotation prompts: they canā€™t recognise when to switch for dealing with different conditions.

You canā€™t add Haste and reduce Mastery directly, but you can choose armour with a better distribution of stats. The addon Pawn can help with that.

I suggest you actually learn your rotation and practice it. Improving your performance is a long learning curve, but you can start here:

Thatā€™s about picking gear with more useful secondary stats over small ilvl gains. Looking at your items, you have very few with Haste. Also, if you use items with sockets over a slightly higher ilvl, you can put Haste gems into the sockets (Quick Golden Beryl, for example, adds 30 haste but is very cheap on AH).

Have you been running Faction Assaults and the WQs in Warfront zones? If so, you may already have enough 7th Legion Service Medals to buy the Captainā€™s Signet of Command from Provisioner Stoutforge in Boralus - itā€™s a 395 ilvl ring with 250 Haste and costs 300 Medals.

1 Like

Those numbers are nothing special, just average required to time dungeon, it wasnā€™t even +2 stars. I suggest you stop talking about something you have no clue about. If you want be taken seriously write on char that has proven record of finished +10s, somthing tells me you have no such char.

Allow me to serve you with your own advice, since it would seem you have no clue yourself about whom youā€™re talking to. However the fact that you picked up only the first sentence of my post tells much about what kind of player you are, and pulling irrealistic standards you happened to come across once in a while (or worse yet, canā€™t even live up to yourself) will only make you lose credibility among those who know the real deal.

Such a dull and so very classical offensive it would make me snort at the very best. I wonder though what made you think Iā€™d want to be taken seriously by the likes of you. Just you keep your baseless intuition for yourself, and Iā€™ll keep my mains which you will never know about.

Dps that doesnā€™t get you kicked, I guess.

Well.

Thank you for the people who tried to help. Greatly appreciated.

For the people trying to be funny/ridiculing/argumentive and eliteist. Just stop being who you are.

1 Like

Well DPS is a funny thing - because in the same dungeon I can do 13-14k one run and 20k the next one. Itā€™s all about your group as well as you. Good tanks make a huge difference. Thereā€™s also a pretty big damage span depending on dungeon. So throwing 2 numbers up for discussion is kinda useless. Except - you should be able to push out more - even in the worst dungeon with single group pulls.

I think In bosses like Gronk ( st based ) 16k should be minimum, Where as Mekkatorque can vary widely.

Absolutely 100% spot on here Dottie.

You asked a divisive question with no proper answer.

Usually the rogues or demon hunters have top dps spot in our guild. Yesterday at Mekkatorque it was a shaman, and by 2k at the minimum higher than everyone else including our ranged.

Guess why we kept wiping?

Well, opulence is the perfect example of higher DPS trivializing mechanics.

If you can constantly hit 10% of the boss HP before he casts the flames, phase 1 is a cakewalk (not that it gets a lot harder otherwise) and the left side has 2-4 debuffs per room to manage, instead of 6+.

Well, even if the orbs work, most PUGs got crushed by having to be spread 5y, not standing in the red corpuscles and dodging fears in the last phase.

Thatā€™s because everyone that can constantly do orbs was doing it with their guild and didnā€™t want to bother with all the problems that came with the ghuun fight, that i stated above.

We pretty much never had solo runners when selling HC boosts, it wasnā€™t required if your DPS was on point and noone failed the other mechanics.

On mythic it wasnā€™t even possible for half the raid tier.

Honestly? Garbage

10k is good for a mythic but I guess you have to push heavier numbers on M5+.

uuum, I do 25k+ overall in most dungeons more than that in mob heavy dungeons like freehold.

Its not impossible at all.

Sometimes I wonder if Iā€™m speaking English or Chineseā€¦ hell, I donā€™t even speak Chinese.

However sorry, Iā€™m just not gonna quote the whole conversation.

Also, I can do just as much on my bis geared shamy, especially with reaping and braindead aoe. But what I would certainly never do is post my numbers on him and present them as a general standard. So could you people beat it through your minds that example =/= proof ?

what class cant do 25k+ overall? the only cases would be shadow and aff locks in lower keys where the mobs dies to fast for them to deal damage.

That wasnā€™t even the question in the first placeā€¦ I could tell you to read the whole conversation, but then again, I already told you so.

Iā€™m done wasting my time more then once on the same things, really.