What is everyone's typing speed?

Hello! I was just curious how everyone here does when it comes to the speed of their typing. I personally hover somewhere around 95-105 words per minute, but I feel like my accuracy often suffers and I end up having to correct myself after I had tried to type something quickly. If you do not know what your speed is, you can take a short test such as that one:

4 Likes

I ended up with 102 WPM, which I think is pretty decent.

My colleagues hate me because I’m the only one in the office who can touch type.

1 Like

I got 109WPM with five words wrong out of 104 in the test, but I don’t usually type that fast.

1 Like

I peak at 130WPM, but I’m usually a lazy, comfy typist, so my normal typing speed, when I’m not trying to achieve the fastest speed I can, is more in the 80-100WPM range.

101 words per minute, had three words wrong out of hundred and two. Is pretty decent I think in a language not my own.

https://i.imgur.com/P8QnCBW.png

My hair starts glowing and becomes gold as i channel my true typing power

(ty for giving me an excuse to flex my typing prowess coldshade)

3 Likes

unironical 69 wpm

6 Likes

72 because I’ve always typed with only two fingers.

2 Likes

It actually varies a lot depending on how I’m feeling healthwise and the context of the interaction. One on one I can machinegun type lengthy things but during events I’m on the clock and operate differently, often cutting emotes for time and efficiency. Doubly so if there’s a crowd so that everyone gets a word in if they like.

It also depends on the character I’m playing as some really take their time to speak their minds. Others choose their words, have a lot of internal workings or speak in a peculiar way that makes me have to stop and think a lot about what they’d say and how they’d say it and that slows typing to a crawl. Other characters either do not think as much or lack social filters and decorum which lets me type their interactions out much faster.

I’m perfectly capable of typing very quickly by necessity as I play fps co-op games where quick, efficient communication is important but RPing is a different beast.

1 Like

78 wps. meh…

If only this was in pandaren.

2 Likes

114 gaaaaang represent

1 Like

Oof, only around 80 on average… :pensive:

I got 122

Is that much? ( I have adhd if it needs explaining )

Looking at the others i guess it is, yaay

91% accuracy tho

1 Like

92 on my PC, and 101 on my laptop.

How in bloody gilneas can you type faster on a laptop? would be like 80-90 for me lol

To be honest, the buttons on laptops are way easier to type with UNLESS you got a mechanical on PC.

1 Like

I got a basic office keyboard

Lol

Mechanicals are big inconvinient

I found that the laptop keyboards>most non-mechanical boards you can get for a PC in terms of overall feeling and the typing speed. That’s my personal impression, at least.

3 Likes

The worst thing about being a fast typer is that people can tell when you’re tabbed out.

10 Likes