What is going on Lore Team Blizz - do you not understand Fans anymore?

Surprise attacks is the obvious reason, both for the army marching to Ashenvale instead of Silithus and the obvious example of Malfurion 1% HP.

However at the end of the day nelfs VS ALL Races of the Horde

The result was obvious. Anyone who says a single race can stand against a united front of a faction, is clueless

1 Like

Explains a lot about why I cannot understand how people can genuinely like Sylvanas.

inb4 I am accused of liking Baine for the same reason, calling it now!

I have little doubt that a typical corporate environment exists over there, but damn if their product’s quality didn’t insult and disrespect most of the playerbase. Even without factoring in the story.

You must forgive me, I had thought better of Blizzard for a long time. Even after 8.2 PTR I was unwilling to think of them in this way. But you may be right. Bottom line wins again.

1 Like

Never did.

And that thing you described hasn’t been the case for Night elves

Has not been the case? How so?

I think one of the points because here many Horde players would be afraid if the night elves had come in with their strength from WC3 and everything would have gone consistently with it, really everything, and then lost against night elves (vmtl), then the Horde would have if they themselves played with 7 races against a single one . . . represented as weak as a whole. But they still don’t understand that this is not a statement for the whole alliance.

Oh. . wait. . the same thing happened in zuldazar with the alliance, but that’s sold to us as victory. It’s pretty hypocritical here in some places.

3 Likes

Failing to meet the power fantasy levels of someone that can’t get a hold of the fact that Night elves are no longer the race they were back in the day, isn’t a ‘nerf to make others feel better’.

And because failing and being defeated when you are outnumbered eight to one and facing most of your Kalimdor enemies, isn’t a ‘nerf to make others feel better’.

1 Like

It’s worrying me too. For example I shouldn’t be afraid that Darkspears will get lower prominence since they are still part of the Horde and Zandalari are independant faction. But I still worry that they would be overshadowed by Zandalari anyway since devs should involve them too. I love Zandies as the person next by but deep in heart I’m still Darkspear and I wouldn’t want for them to be forgotten - again.

In current expansion HMT got more prominence than regular tauren and LFD then regular draenei.

3 Likes

This is true. I am not disputing that, actually tried to explain why I think so in the post above. Makes me wonder why you fail to understand or pay attention to things being said in posts and rather just plainly get the parts of it.

I am sorry I did not realise that, the basic knowledge of not stripping your homeland from most portion of your army when enemy is 30 feet away, is asking too much.

Now if we had full blown Night Elf vs Horde battle and where Horde wins n Kaldorei save some competence, that would have been better outcome.
Oh… But then how does Sylvanas wins the rest of the war?

2 Likes

I wonder how many of the same writers are working on quests and zones? For example there is a different feel for the level of story in the 3 alliance zones in BFA. You have Drustvar which is just the best zone in BFA, probably in the top 5 in all of WOW. The story, quests, scenery, and feel of this zone just blends together.

You have the story in Tiragarde Sound that is mediocre it is not great, it is not good, but who really cares about what happens to Lady Ashvane? Then you have the really bad Stromsong Valley story, which is all over the place and does not seem consistent at all in that zone.

On the horde side all 3 zones flow together in terms of story and they build upon the overall story arch for the horde in BFA. If Blizzard take the time to write out the story so that it is consistent, engaging, and flows together, then we could have quests that also are consistent, engaging, and flows together. It also helps to have the same type and pool of writers working on the story to help with the consistency and flow.

I believe a common criticism/complaint of Stormsong Valley was of the railroaded Brennadam massacre. Lord Stormsong was okay as a villain but I was genuinely appalled to see the ‘battle’ for Brennadam. Civilians literally nailed to the walls of houses with spears, as target practice. That got a lot of ire and remains in my mind as the key focus of that region. Accusations of anti-Horde bias lit up forums. I do not know about the validity of the accusation that Quillboars were originally meant to attack Brennadam. And after all of the zone, I barely even remember much of the other quest hubs in SV.

SUCH EVIL! Add cartoon evil laughter please.

I thought about that, a lot. But the way I view allied races is that they are an extension of their core race lore. Even the 2 that swapped factions…nightborne are night elf lore of Suramar night elves in a pre sundering setting, void elves are blood elf lore of blood elves that do the void instead of the light…just those core races experienced on another faction, not really that different from Pandaren.

Important to Note

• Most nightborne players are night elf lovers who love that side of the night elf fantasy or want to play as jight elves on the horde,
  • Like wise most void elf players are those who love that fantasy of the void via Alleria and want to play the blood elf/high elf on the alliance. This is what those races are.

But because allied races are their own faction, separate from the core race, people may feel that blizzard cant possible pay attention to everyone, right?

It is Possible: Allied Races Dont Make Race Focusing Harder
Potentially, they make it easier. Here is how:

I think if blizzard developed race campaigns, and wrote lore for allied races alongside their core race, even if they are in theopposite faction. E.g nightborne with night elves, void elves with blood elves and the 2 Pandaren

Take the Pandaren for example, you wont write two separate full campaigns for the horde half and the alliance half would you, you would write one, and then either involve both in it equally as part of a whole, worki g united cos while they split for the factions, they are first pandaren, and that ca be used to bring that sense to the players. Ultimately people play Pandaren for Pandaren race first, then faction. It is the same for the two night elf races and the 2 blood elf ones.

You could also have certain parts of the campaign that focus on the faction related elements, if you want to that to be reflected. For Pandaren i would recommend this as the distinction is not really playing a role, but for the night elves and blood elves i think faction should play little to no role as it has too heavy a focus in them currently. My personal thoughts would say little for the Thalassians and none for the night elves. Ultimately whether Huojin or Tushui they are still Pandaren, whether shal’dorei (nightborne) or kaldorei (night elf) they are still Night elven, whether void elf or blood elf,they are still Thalassian (high elf).

You make it work. Allied races enhance and deepen the individual races, they aren’t meant to take away, but add to.

It is important for the developers to ensure when dealimg with Zandalari, Darkspears are part amd parcel in the forefromt and at least with Darkspears, zandalari are present. Each allied race has unique features to its core racs that will make them standout anyway, with little effort from the developer it is possible to still be involved with the core race and yet be distinct every time either is present. That also applies to the cross faction allied races

They just have to remember, to keep writing meaningful parts for them

ugh… another ‘open letter’ moan? it’s laughable at this point

That sounds all fine and dandy; but when you have groups of Lightforged and Highmountain Tauren appearing with not one single “core” race appear, it really adds nothing to the core race and more to the Allied Race.

Drustvar for example has alot of Lightforged Draenei appearing and not a single normal Draenei is to be seen. So it really adds nothing to the core race. It would’ve been better if they for example, added Draenei outposts in Drustvar and threw in the odd Lightforged Draenei. Same with Highmountain Tauren and normal Tauren, Ironforge Dwarves and Dark Iron, etc etc.

Not the Lore teams fault they do the best they can with the time they have and then I am sure they have to focus on the next expansion, and that’s just it.

If everyone could just pull the breaks on expansions and instead focus more on the current Lore quests storyline’s could be explored more.

But I am sure expansions pull out more money so what can you do.

In the end we are all fans of the game so are expectations are high,
We are invested in the story but don’t want to face the reality of the situation.

In the end a company needs to focus on money meaning whatever the finance reports say.

But at least we are seeing great cutscenes you can see other attempts such as horde players been allowed choices in some quests now.

Meaning I think blizzard are trying to think of ways to improve lore/story with the time they have and the best ways to tell that story, with the time they have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.