What is the easiest role among the three

DPS, TANKER or HEALER.

I vote healer. Because you only do three things IMO

Emergency Heal - Tank
AoE Heal if required
Dispel (Rare)

Well it depends. You picked healer, but i myself wouldnt enjoy some affixes in m+ and pugs or some bossfights are insane to heal imo.

Dps is easier, but not as braindead as healers/tanks tend to think. And im a dps btw.

I would also like to add that tanks get some kind of responsibility, things to do…only in recent expansion with more complex bossfights and addition of m+, prior to that it was doing damage and prrssing taunt ocasionaly.

1 Like

DPS, by far, especially ranged. Stay 40 ft away from all aoes and cleaves, spam your cycle, kick (rare)

9 Likes

Well… I’d say DPS, because you have the smallest responsibility in the group… most of the time all you need to do is damage and interrupt…very rarely CC. If the healer or the tank cucks up sometimes multiple people die, if the DPS cucks up only he himself is dead.

3 Likes

I think DPS by far have the easiest role.

The tank and healer have far greater responsibility in comparison.

9 Likes

DPS is braidead easy.

I would say that Healer is hardest if you are not using addons that will make most of work for you.

2 Likes

DPS no contest even if you F-up the blame goes automatically to human toilet roles of Tank/healer while you as dps can go and get some snacks and watch how the world burns.

Its the prime reason why i stopped tankin/healing back in tbc/wrath as being dps you can relax and play the game almost how you want without some douchebag blaming you from their own mistakes.

2 Likes

DPS by far.

1 Like

DPS, but personally i believe with BFA blizzard proved they can actually make dungeon encounters that put more pressure on other roles than the ‘‘usual’’ ones.

If you run a Tol Dagor with Necrotic + Raging like this week then almost all the pressure is on the healer and the tank.

But if you run Siege of Boralus lets say, on a Explosive + Bolstering week then almost all the pressure is on the DPS since they control the bolstering, the first and the last boss almost entirely.

I think in the past, you could definently make blanket statements like Tanks>Healers>DPS but with how creative the devs are getting with encounter designs i think such an authoritative definiton of difficulty and responsibility is very subjective because it depends on the situation.

1 Like

That mentality is kinda wrong.
I could say dps is easy because DH and Hunter press 3 keys. I press more.

There are tanks taht need padding.Not all tanks are self sufficient and if you add dps taht take avoidable damage healer role becomes even harder.

Its always required.

besides dispel healers have to dispel magic or soothe buffs so… Its more than that lol

No role is EASY.

But for the reality check, if a healer/tank goes afk for 5 min inside a dungeon you wipe. If 1/3 dps goes afk we keep it up even complete sometimes.

5 Likes

Tanking is easiest in raids. Though have also least room for error.

Honestly having played all 3 at a decent level none are “harder” but they do have differing levels of responsibility.

Dps generally have the least responsibility, tanks the most and healers inbetween.

Not sure I agree with the OP at all about healers being the easiest. I have far more to keep track of than a dps in a mythic +.

5 Likes

Ranged DPS, hunter more so – they can move while DPS’ing at range easy, while other ranged are sentries that can mostly avoid cleaves of bosses.

DPS especially Ranged DP, hand down
Tanking is a hard and unforgiving job, without any appreciation closely followed by Healers who can be blamed for anything, including the world hunger, your mail got lost or stubbing your toe to the sofa…
I have my utmost respect to anyone who are brave (fool?) enough to take up the mantle of Tanks and/or Healers

2 Likes

If you are not doing damage as a healer, you are doing it wrong.
On topic: all 3 roles are equal in difficulty, but all 3 of them are really hard to master:

• ez tank - you just pull mobs pack by pack just generating threat and pushing defensives randomly, rarely look at best route, do research how to counter m+ affixrs.

• master tank - min-maxing his dps output, knowing when he will need defensives, knowing what to pull in route, easily counters m+ affixes by changing builds/kiting/etc.

• ez healer: simply healing anyone who drops to 95% HP, never uses damage/interrupt/CC, hardly do any special boss tactics.

• Master healer - always casting (toping group, else doing damage), always uses his CC/interrupts, is not afraid of doing boss tactics, knows when he will need CDs, knows what build to use to counter affixes, etc.

• ez dps - derping in the run with 30k average dps, rarely interrupts/stuns, always runs same build, avoids doing mechanics, blames healer/tank for dying.

• master dps - min-maxing his dps output to be able to do 100k+ (or as close) average dps, knows what to interrupt, what to stun and when, counters m+ affixes, uses different builds, doesn’t fail on mechanics, knows how to stop dps during bursting, manages to dps mobs equaly or focus fire single target, etc.

All 3 roles are very important, and if one of these 3 slacking - group will be in trouble.

And when you only require dps to stay 40y away and only dps, then you wonder why your group has 4 bursting stacks and suddenly get 5th when there was 0.5s left on 4stacks. Or how suddenly some mobs has 6 bolstering stacks at 70% health. Sadly dps mistakes on m+ affixes are really punishing. If you have 3 really good dps’ers, they can carry bad tanking/healing. But if you have slacking dps’ers, you can have best tanks/dps, you will not time the key.
I played all 3 roles in m+, in pugs and guilds runs, from +2 to +10/15, for me healing was hardest, then dps’ing, easiest was tanking. You just open MDT addon, download route from raiderIO and just follow it. Even as a single good ranged dps you can make group life so much easier by countering deadly trash/boss mechanics.

3 Likes

What mean easy ?

I mean each of this role can be easy and hard at the same time.

You mean :

• By Gameplay ?
  • By Improvement on this role ?
  • On experience needed ?
  • At wich difficulty level ?
  • On what asked to do ?

Need more info to answer " what’s the easiest "

But then from hunter you expect that he is able to counter every single deadly thing in m+ run, which is by far not an easy task to do, but very important one indeed.

Bull. Healers have to know when damage is coming to react to… and they’re paying attention to what’s happening on screen, their positioning as well as others and the party/raid frames at the same time. DPS can just tunnel vision while the healer has to cover their slack.

If they have Zero experience, especially to healer specific mechanics it’d be a wipe…

I’d be certain enough to say you’ve never played a Healer, or just healed content you out geared on, if you honestly think that.

4 Likes

DPS is the easiest, because you share the responsibility with a lot of others.

• In a dungeon you share the responsibility with 2 others, if one you dies or underperforms the remaining two can pick up the slack.

• In a raid you share the responsibility with maybe a dozen or more others, your individual performance matters even less.

As a healer or tank it’s different.

• As a healer or a tank in a dungeon you are the only one performing your individual role and your performance matters a lot more.

• As a healer or a tank in a raid you share the responsibility with a few others, as a tank maybe just one other, and your individual performance matters a lot more.

In a dungeon or raid if even one tank or healer dies it can mean a wipe. But you can usually survive losing some DPS.

1 Like

It depends. I find tank hardest that is for sure but mostly because people are nasty.