What is the future of the Horde?

Does it automatically require cheap shock value for someone to get character progression? Or could one of the small council he surrounds himself with perhaps show themselves some more and challenge him a bit more.

I donā€™t think so because Baine have the full support of his father already. He will stay like he is how it seems.

Which is a massive shame, seems pointless to have a council of yes men as well but not surprising. The story team for Blizzard seems to be made up the same way.

1 Like

No you didnā€™t get it at all, hence you made the comparison between Taurajo and Teldrassil, wich was neither here nor there. - Just #Nelfsplaining.

You donā€™t know me at all, if you think Iā€™m genuinly grieved by Taurajo being burned down as a war story.

But okay sure, he, Baine, was right /roll eyes, thatā€™s why he didnā€™t complain about Silverwind Refuge, Astranaar, or have words with Sylvanas Windrunner over the burning of Teldrassilā€¦because guess what? They must all have been Valid Military Targets.

2 Likes

What isnā€™t a Valid Military Target for Baine :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, Theramore apparantly, he actually weeped after that one.
Human potential leaves no lesser race untouched after all.

2 Likes

Because neither was it justified nor was he right. Baine just smoked too much alliance propaganda.

2 Likes

This. This right here.

1 Like

I did not. It is you who confuses Ashenvale with Teldrassil, not me^^

Comparing apples to oranges, eh^^?

Anyway, I expect it is easier to live in denial than to face the facts? a) Taurajo was collateral damage in a war that was started by Garrosh/Horde. Silverwing/Ashenvale was - prior to the fighting in the Barrens - attacked SOLEY for land grab purposes on part of the Horde.

Albeit Taurajo was a sad incident, its victims have to blame their warchief for it NOT Baine.

1 Like

Yes Baine. Only Baine. Until he either dies or stops being Chieftain. Whatever happens first. Garrosh did almost nothing wrong :slight_smile:

Didnt you hate Garrosh? Is this another exception of one of your absolute rules?

I could be the eternal Warchief. :thinking: The Last Warchief after whom all the leaders look back upon and remember the reforms and peace we had in my reign. :thinking:

Is this one of Blizzardā€™s oxymorons? Where the Bloodhoofs are the most peaceful but the Flowerpicker clan is the most feared of orcs?

When it comes to Baine yes. Garrosh is dead and canā€™t do any more damage. But Baineā€™s backstabbing continues.

Exarch Hellscream is still out there.

Well I tried to save us allā€¦even Thrall seems to agree. I did betray Sylvanas and so should you all. She Is Not My Warchief!

I know we differ on that subject, but to me, Baine shows more courage in standing up for his sometimes unpopular, but always wise, convictions, than any of the pragmatic temporary Sylvanas boot-lickers who have lost their moral compass a long time ago.

Sorry mate, but imo, Baine will get the Horde on the high road. Unless, good old Thrall returns to the fold. In that case, Baine would be a wise councillor for Thrall. Like his father.

Ugh, stop trollingā€¦look up what collateral damage means, youā€™ll see how wrong you are.

The story actually goes as this, Night elves are flayed, an attack by the Twillight Hammer cult -> Orcs and Garrosh are blamed and trade ceased --> famine breaks out in Durotar / Orgrimmar, leading to Garrosh taking what he needs from Ashenvale -> A Border dispute turns ugly.

Humans and Dwarves come meddling into the affairs -->Landfall at Theramore under the gracious hostess, Jaina Proudmoore --> First target the Taurenā€¦?

Taurajo is firebombed and sacked, not an accident! as Alliance you learn this is under false information, target has a ā€˜significant civilian populationā€™ to boot, according to General Hawthorne himself --> Regardless, Taurajo is destroyed, itā€™s inhabitatants scattered into the unforgiving Barrens.

Baine has the Great Wall erected -> Humans and Dwarves press on towards Mulgore / Thunder Bluff. As a Horde player you are tasked to Break the Siege. hardly anything ā€˜collateralā€™ or ā€˜accidentalā€™ about all of it, ā€˜factsā€™? What facts, because the one in denial is You

Tauren turn to Baine, Baine shrugs off Taurajoā€™s dead and forbids Tauren to take up arms against the invaders / murderers, he goes so far to exile does who still stand against his wishes from Thunder Bluff. But sure, letā€™s blame the Warchief for that. and I canā€™t complain about Baineā€™s reasoning / motivations amirite?

As for the comparisons, You are the one that brought all of that up, minus Astranaar, to #nelfsplain about your night elf player woes. I didnā€™t mention Silverwing, you did.

3 Likes

No he will not. He will just be another placeholder for muh honor until he slips on a banana and is replaced with the next Tyrant.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s new? Iread the book, too. Thank you.

To me, Baine is right. Let us agree to disagree.

ā€¦ unless Blizzard decides to bring back Thrall. In that case, the Horde regains their original warchief :slight_smile:

Until then, imo, Baine is a very good choice.

Collateral and accidental are new, for starters.

But sure Baine is right, hence Silverwing, Astranaar and Darnassus/ Teldrassil itself were all valid military targets.

Thanks man, I suppose I like Baine a little bit better now.

1 Like