What is your character's stance in this War? Anyone against it?

Not really for or against it really. I didn’t disagree with sylvanas when she thought that alliance-horde war was inevitable. But we all know this won’t end with either side winning.

I don’t RP, but if the motives to be had on this war, are about the ambition of building up the foundations for a stronger faction and securing a stronger position that enables them to thrive and expand instead of merely survive, even if it comes at an immediate great cost, i’m all aboard.
Also, i find it reasonable to start a war under the premise of righting a few wrongs or getting some payback that was long overdue, and having the drive and ambition to not settle with a status quo that disfavours you.

That, i can get behind. Its understandable for a nation to think that way.

I’m not particularly fond of the caricaturesque depiction of cartoonish villainy that caught me (and plenty other players) by surprise regarding the Horde faction portrayal in this particular story.
Or with how they hastily dropped the initial goals, just to paint a deranged Warchief that is shown doing random acts of the most senseless* evil in the most graphical way. And all to vindicate the other side of the story and retread a narrative certain writers felt like repeating.

*At least if we are to have those, give them some purpose.

This character, while her class is a Rogue due to gameplay reasons, in RP she’s more of a Wayfarer. (Fancy word for traveller, basically.)

She’s not too fond of this war. While she thought the reasoning for conquering Kalimdor for the Horde was a noble goal by the Warchief, she oftened questioned herself and her peoples safety in the Eastern Kingdoms. The memory of when the Scourge invaded Quel’thalas, though processed, she had a lingering thought if the Alliance was capable of such destruction Arthas had brought upon them, should it be necessary for them to go that route.
To make matters worse, her own twin sister was one of the few elves who had joined Umbric, and his research on the Void. When she heard how they had joined the Alliance, she wasn’t in denial, or angered. She was afraid her sister might end up in one of the ranks, and eventually die in the war due to her being an extremely skilled mage.
Then she heard about Teldrassil and what supposedly happened. Her stomach turned. She felt sick by the thought that children were burnt alive. How families, like hers, had been torn apart. She started questioning the war more and more, and if it was necessary to do such a thing. Her mind became more occupied with the thoughts, how this could potentially end up. She’s still waiting for the day the Alliance (and I know the Alliance is nothing like the mindless Scourge, and that they might be more “moral” in a war. But Allyra doesnt.) might invade Silvermoon for revenge upon Teldrassil, or should the rest of the Horde be able to conquer Kalimdor and stay there, while she and the Blood Elves are left behind.
Oh, and about her sister! They haven’t even spoken with each other since before she left Silvermoon to join Umbric. So that’s more overthinking for her than she needs to.

To sum up, she’s scared and nervous for her sister, her own safety, and the safety of her home and her race mostly.
She’s mostly retired to Silvermoon at the moment, since she’s too afraid to travel or live by herself on the road.

4 Likes

My Nelf is hardheartedly for the Alliance and the war while my Belf Demon Hunter feels the same way for the Horde, however my Worgren Rogue is really apathetic to the war and wishes she didn’t have to take part in it.

Speaking from my RP warlock character who is a forsaken she is as content by it as it’s possible to be in war. She recognises that her comrades are dying but from her perspective that’s nothing really new. She harbours nothing but disdain for the alliance after her closest friend post death was killed at vengeance landing by alliance. Despite this attack no diplomatic nightmares occurred until the wrathgate when alliance were attacked by rogue forsaken. After which she came to accept her lot in unlife, she was to be despised for merely existing. Her continued existence or lack of would never be thought of as a real life, not worth anything. Not by alliance and not really even by horde.

Stormheim was the last straw for her. Even in the midst of the ending of the world itself, alliance still went out of their way to take forsaken lives and nary an apology or reason was given. Alliance thought that they could strike at us, at our beloved dark lady and there would be no consequences? The very height of arrogance! She considers this war both necessary and the darkest part of her heart enjoys it, draining the lives and souls of every unworthy fool who dares to believe they carry justice with them. She considers this the actions of those who do not know despair, but she will teach them what despair looks like.

(Fun Topic! :grin: )

2 Likes

Slitting my wrists in the corner, like the true emo I am irl in-game.

4 Likes

Ashval Felblood smashes the Alliance cheerfully. She despises Sylvanas and her methods but tolerates her because she gets to do what she does best.

Sin’dorei Netherlord Melangran is not particularly fond of the war, but it gives him plenty of opportunities to perform research that would otherwise be illegal, not to mention the profits he gets from selling his inventions to the Horde.

The rangari inquisitor Noorada, driven by the fanatical hatred of orcs, supports the war effort wholeheartedly.

As a worshipper of the Old Gods, the pandaren priest Manzhi manipulated both sides of the war, hoping that it would weaken the defenders of Azeroth enough for his masters to prevail.

Brewmaster Mezzalt Distilatti does not care much about the war, but serves the Alliance nonetheless, mostly by serving soldiers booze.

General Bagration cares little for the motivations of the Horde and the Alliance, but the war gives him what he wants most: a chance to display his prowess as a military commander. The same can be said of his Horde counterpart, the troll strategist Anjun the Wise.

And finally, the prelate Chakax is sworn to avenge the death of his king, even though he would much rather have the war end sooner.

Oh, and Garciana is off hunting demons or something.

Did you take this name from what Glorious Lizardman I think you did…? Please say yes.

10/10 if so.

1 Like

Please tell me you took that from ‘War and Peace’

• I think my Troll Shaman is more concerned for the well-being of his people and the balance of the elements. He and his people are bound to the Horde and even if they split, they will be destroyed by other forces. He abhors Sylvanas’ methods and the use of the Val’kyr but has been around long enough to know that it won’t last.
    If there is ever a time he has to choose sides, he will do what is best for his people - which will not be Sylvanas’ course.
    That said Baine is causing some concerns for him as well. My shaman does not believe the Alliance will ever leave his people in peace, or that Anduin is truthful about his intentions.
    So he is torn… Sylvanas winning this war might be more frightening than the Alliance winning it. What is keeping her from turning against the Trolls and raising them as Undead? The battle for Lordaeron taught him she is all too willing to sacrifice her living allies and raise them as undead.

• My Alliance paladin is of the opinion that the Alliance is not aggressive enough and that they should break the power of the Horde an of the Forsaken in particular. The plague, the rising of her former comrades, the burning of Teldrassil and the way Lordaeron was desecrated convinced her that the Forsaken are nothing more than intelligent Scourge and thus more dangerous undead. They need to be destroyed, and Sylvanas first and foremost. The Light will judge them, and the Alliance should hunt them down wherever they can be found without mercy. The young King is too idealistic with his stance on the Forsaken, and she thinks that it’s his youth that blinds him for the reality of what undeath actually means.

1 Like

The time has come to avenge Daelin and Derek Proudmoore and put an end to the cycle of hatred by ending the green skin trash.

1 Like

Not directly, no. You see, while making this character, I noticed that, in his human form, he has a massive moustache that makes him look like a stereotypical Georgian. At first I wanted to name him Jugashvili, but then thought it was not Warcraft enough and too evil even for a death knight, and so my doggo was called after the second Georgian leader I could think of.

Saved the name before the patch. Hell, one of the reasons I love the Zandalari so much is because I was a Lizardman fan as a kid.

Pyotr Bagration was instrumental in the French invasion of Russia by Napoleon, so good name choice

1 Like

Then we are as one.

Nice, and yeah, I can see that naming him after Stalin would have been a bit, ehhh…dubious, he wasn’t exactly the nicest of fellows…

Anyway, on topic

This time it was different…This wasn’t Orgrimmar, both Factions against an overbearing Tyrant, this was different. There was not going to be a happy ending over this, The Kaldorei were out for blood, and who could blame them, and the Forsaken….well, who knows what was going on there…

And here was Quel’thalas, stuck in the middle. The Regency was playing its cards close to its chest, understandably, the situation was precarious, Silvermoon the only Horde Capital left on the continent.

_It was…tenuous, he had six Escadrilles to command, and Quel’thalas had to be able to project it’s aerial might overseas when needed.but right now, right now, he needed them all here. He could not spare any, in case of the inevitable Alliance invasion of Quel’thalas. Would they come? Was the expansion of the Alliance done with? He could understand Undercity, it was a direct response to Teldrassil… He coughed subconsciously as he remembered the biting smoke as he and his Dragonhawk riders had rescued enemy children from the burning city, then shook his head at his own mental folly. Enemy -Children-? _

He smiled sadly, looking over the reports on his desk, none of which painted a pretty picture.

He had thought, no, he had -hoped- that after the Legion Invasion, that after the world stood together as one, and defeated the Demonic threat, that it was finally over, that the Dark Times had passed. When he had heard that Sin’dorei, Kaldorei and even Quel’dorei had stood shoulder to shoulder to liberate Suramar, there had been a flicker of hope. Perhaps this was it, perhaps there would be a lasting peace?

Sun above knows, he was a glory hound, he had never pretended otherwise, but he didn’t delight in -killing- Alliance, it was the contest, the hunt, the sportsmanship of it, he bore them no malice personally, those Alliance fliers who fell under his Dragonhawk’s flame, he was a soldier, and killing to enforce state policy was his job, always had been.

But…

At night sometimes he would just stand and watch his two infant children in their crib, just over a year old, so calm and peaceful in their sleep, and wonder to himself whether what he was doing was making a better world for them, or would they grow up in a world bitterly divided, a world at war.

He always marvelled at how blameless they looked in their sleep, how innocent, small, and fragile.

Fragile. Just like Peace….

He knew one thing, he would not let anything happen to them, no matter how the world turned in its hell-bent ride towards annihilation. He was an Officer, a Soldier of Quel’thalas, he would do what his Regent Lord Commanded. But more than this, he was a Father. He only hoped that the Alliance loved their children too….

Damn Sylvanas and her tantrums that engulfed the world entire… He didn’t want to kill Alliance Fliers to satisfy her power trip….

But….He was a Soldier…

And a Soldier does what he is told….

5 Likes

At long last the Alliance pays for their arrogance and Tyranny.

As for Durlan he admires Sylvanas Will and Sacrfice to do what must be done.
While he believes the Burning of teldrassil was to soon and such he is utterly disgusted by the Cowardice of the Horde Leaders known as Baine and Saurfang.

The Alliance pulled several offenses upon the Horde in the past and right before this war, starting in silithus.
Yet those Egotistical Barstards believes their way is the only way.
Yet they lack the Actual Back Bone to make a Claim for the Mantle.

While he initially was Starting to have doubts about the war, the Murder of Rastakhan and the assault upon his Neutral Kingdom has reignited the will to fight the Alliance Tyranny.

The HighKing of Stormwind preaches of Peace, but has shown this day that all he cares about is surprimacy.

So my character is 100%
For this war as the false preacher of peace is shown as the fraud that he is.

Hmm.
Though my character thought that the peace after the Siege of Orgrimmar was too forgiving, he was willing to accept it to avoid further death and believed that under Vol’jin peace could be possible. As such, he never wished for another war.

Now, after Teldrassil, he believes the only way to find peace is for the Horde to not exist as an organization. No matter who rules, there will eventually be another warmonger. Thus he supports seeing the war through to the very end.

1 Like

Demonhunter: She sacrificed her sanity and position to save the world, and the War threatens the World, i think it’s obvious what she thinks of the war.

Deathknight: She’s fine with the war, at least she can inflict pain without breaking rules.

Zandalari Warrior: He watched his city attacked and wants revenge, but he dislikes the undead because his Loa (Kragwa) sais they are bad mojo, and because walking dead are just wrong in his eyes.

Rogue: Meh, she doesn’t care As long as she gets rich on the way. Not really evil, just amoral.

Paladin: She protects her people, but refuses to fight offensively because this war is Sylvanas’ fault in a time where the World and the peoples of Azeroth should heal instead of fight.

Zandalari-Paladin: Not sure what he thinks about the war, he is confused and angry because his main Loa and his King were killed with barely any time to mourn. He needs to find himself again before he thinks about the war, but he hates the Alliance for killing Rastakhan.

1 Like

Depends on the character, most of my allied race characters haven’t been with the Horde or Alliance long enough to have a stance on it other than what they have been fed by the propaganda machine.

My hunter here is the most pro Sylvanas, but she got blighted badly in the battle for Undercity and has been out of commission since.

1 Like

Are you Georgian yourself?