What is your favourite number 1 Class? (DPS)

Hi guys,

Which rotation is your favourite number 1 ?

Whether it’s RDPS or MDPS which Class is your main character? Your main one ?

You enjoy melee over ranged ? And why ? (also vice versa: you enjoy ranged over melee?) Why ?

I understand there are approx 13 types of resources depending on the Class (i.e Mage/Warlock being Mana, DH being Fury, Rogue being Energy & etc).

Basically it’s all about one’s strongest natural attraction to the whole concept of rotation and generating the available resource for that specific Class in order to perform the right and full rotation basically. (Example: DH being able to fulfil Metamorphosis ability once the player has enough Energy generated). (Where Energy is the resource of DH).

Please share your thoughts.

I would much appreciate it

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

1 Like

Simple, Frost DK.
Even if many dislike the BoS build I like the rotation, all your abilities work together perfectly (it’s a build after all…).
I’ve to say though, icecap ‘build’ can be pretty fun if you’ve a big pull.

Unholy, because > fantasy and 2H weapons.

Ranged. Mechanics as range DPS are easier in my honest opinion.

2 Likes

I love the Rogue, which has been my main for a long time. I love the AoE build with Shrouded Suffocation + Echoing Blades and Crimson Tempest atm, I find it really fun to play.

In fact, I can’t play with alts too much, having to lvl and gear them up each looks like a too much effort to me and I cba with that even if I have time, so I only play alts on lower lvls sometimes.

The thing I don’t like about Melee is having to move away from bosses depending on fights so I hate it a lot that I’m losing out on DPS during that point, meanwhile Ranged classes have to move away from AoE abilities, maybe even cancel the cast because of that. And that they are prio for these kind of mechanics, which is fine.

1 Like

elam shammy

elam shammy

no

you miss dps by being out of range

1 Like

Hmm…hard choice…probably Balance druid/Fire mage and Destruction warlock!

2 Likes

I like Demonology warlock rotation the most from all casters, Fury warrior is my top melee if i’m lucky with Bloodthirst enrage, if not it’s stupid and slow, yesterday dinged DH and i like his rotation, but hate building with demon’s bite (i think i need to look for builds which include Demon Blades talent).

1 Like

I kinda like Spriest… Its like inferior Madness Sorc from SWTOR. Just remove Void Form and give us third DoT that have instant cast proc mechanism and we are in home :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Miss devouring plague with orbs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rogue. Because The BatOrc!

1 Like

Melee St - Arms. A few things to keep track of and building for the perfect execute phase so you can throw out insane crits for 10 seconds is always fun.

Melee mt - unholy dk. Building pustules carefully before apply your disease, dnd, then alternating between bursting the sores and using epidemic is just an insane amount of numbers of the screen.

Ranged st - fire mage, building the perfection combustion window and seeing that huge dot

Ranged Mt - demo. Throwing imps, gul dan spam, great fun. Also good fun building st where you have the demonic tyrant azerite traits stacked and perfectly executing his arrival with a huge number of imp sacrifices, refreshing your dogs and fiend just before they vanish, and then watching as he throws nukes for 50-60k a pop is hugely satisfying

1 Like

Sorry I got confused here - when you say “you need to look for builds which include Demon Blades talent” you mean -regenerating resource (Fury - violet colour - which is the resource of DH) where you’ll be changing few things in your talent tree so your mechanism for generating your resource fury is done via “Demon Blades” ?

Please tell me :slight_smile:

It just feels clunky when i’m not lucky with Chaos Strike procs and i’m doing Demon’s Bite > Chaos Strike > Demon’s Bite > Chaos Strike until Blade Dance comes off cooldown, Demon Blades could work with proper haste i suppose, but then i would lose button to press :stuck_out_tongue:

I just want to have more fury so i can spam 1 button even more, it’s considered boring, but i like it, all that because i feel powerless when my eye beam is on cd along with blade dance.

1 Like

DH: I just love their lore a lot with Illidan being my favorite lore character, and the Burning Legion is my favorite enemy/world level threat. And Kil’jaeden being my favorite warcraft villain.

I also really like both their aesthetics (Wings/Horns/Blindfolds/Tattoos and other fel mutations on their skins) and their class theme of fighting fire with fire by turning into a giant Demon. Aswell as really like their mobility!

The DH class reminds me of Kain from the Legacy of Kain + Soul Reaver series.

2 Likes

Favorite melee dps would be rogue cause of the concept of fighting dirty

Favorite ranged class would be marksman cause it feels somewhat satisfying and realistic even in some cases especially with aimed shot and sniper shot lmao.

Favorite class overall would most certainly be warrior except I just dont play it due to the sheer amount of pruning its endured since Mists and yes I main rogue but used to main dk/pala

1 Like

Death knight. Frost. Because only frost DKs know how to keep beer cool in melee. And only frost dks guarantee you good skiing weather.

3 Likes

so true hehe.
i hadn’t realised what exactly drawns me to this spec until I read your post.

1 Like

General Winter!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Winter#/media/File%3AGeneral_Winter.jpg

1 Like

Warrior all day every day

1 Like

Melee: havoc dh, it’s dynamic and I really like the fury ressource, managing it well seperate the good from the great dh.

Range: Demonology warlock, summoning an army of demons is just pure fun.

I prefer melee, too many annoying stuff when you play range like having to move which is interrupting your cast and when pvping I prefer being the one chasing the caster than the caster running away (looking at you mages).

1 Like

Hunter.

Yes.

I have more control over my target, also if he gets out if range, I can switch, finally, I have more vision of what’s happening.
As melee I tend to tunnel vision or losing sight of the target or what’s going around me.

Marksmanship.
Aimed shot, followed by arcane shot or multi shot, with steady shot as a filler.

Aiming firing than reloading makes me remember a flintlock gun, that’s why I can’t play without gun sounds add-on.

Or a long bow:

Love barrage as well, with a gun,reminds me of this:

Cheers.

1 Like