What’s Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

TLDR; Still no PVP vendors…

7 Likes

Why PvP cache is not rewarding Titan Residuum?
Just make it so either M+ cache gives TR or PvP cache gives TR based on what is achieved higher that week. This way no one is forced to do both PvP and PvE content and all are happy…

As for now it is unfair towards PvP players. It is near impossible to collect titan residuum only from PvP activity.

8 Likes

hey Blizzard,

what about the cap for titanforge in the first week?
Is there any or are we able to get lucky and receive a 425 Item ?

1 Like

So to sum up (for EU).
Season 2 starts the 23rd.
Our chest will contain a 380 piece on the 23rd.
The next level of AK is the 23rd.
The M+ we do 23rd to 29th willl give 370 in end of dungeon chest (capped at 395), but on the 30th we will get a 415 piece, assuming we do a 10+ key.
The keystone we get in the chest on the 23rd will be 3 levels lower than it normally would, so completing a 15 will award an 11 key.
On the 23rd M+ dungeons will be 30% harder (but not yet give better gear end of dungeon).

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. All makes sense to me.
I for one am happy with the amount of TR needed. Too much free loot in game. Nice to have something meaningful to work towards over the weeks.

Thank you Lore

what a joke

7 Likes

Are the rewards from assaults changing too? Is the itemlevel increasing or what is happening with assaults?

1 Like

Nice that PvP related stuff hasn’t been mentioned AT ALL.

6 Likes

People who dislike free gear will have a heartattack by now

6 Likes

Thanks for creating this post and also for responding and clearifying additional questions. At least to me this is the kind of communication I have been looking for in the past. Please keep building up on this for everything up ahead <3

@Forums: At least for once be grateful, it was put on EU and the thread is being updated as questions come in. <3

Overall it sounds good, and I’m really happy this level of communication is occurring. I did have 2 question though:

• How will the Titan Residuum weekly rewards look beyond +10? Will we still have diminishing returns like we have had since the patch? Because 11 weeks for 1 targeted 415 piece is kind of demotivating.
  • After the Heart of Azeroth reaches level 50, will it still absorb the extra Artifact Power you gain? Or put another way, will the AP rewards you gain not be useless?

There has always been a mechanic in the game (outside of Vanilla) giving people that don’t raid at the highest level a way to get high end gear. I have nothing against this, but the requirements in currency this time round are just absurd, compounded by the fact the acquisition of said currency is time gated by the weekly pve chest and acquiring any currency outside of that is pure RNG based and even then only worthwhile when scrapping mythic raiding gear (5% of the player base that raids at this level?).

Considering this is only filling 3 slots and there is no reliable way for non-mythic raiders to fill the remaining slots with the best gear, I think the cost is out of proportion.

1 Like

I appreciate your summarizing the changes. Definitely welcome after the recent short-comings in that regard (undocumented changes in past patches).

However, I am disappointed that some of the daring gearing issues that negatively affect other aspects of the game aren’t being addressed. For example the fact that warfronts (which are easier than lfr) reward HC quality (up to mythic quality) gear, resulting in more and more players that aren’t ready (skill) for HC, mythic and especially mythic+ content.

A lot of players are forced to use third party services (raiderio) to succeed even in low (4,5,6) m+ dungeons, because you can’t categorize players based on their gear anymore. Obviously, this results in an artifical wall for new or less experienced players as well.

What I am basically trying to say is: The gearing/reward system is flawed and raiderio is basically killing m+ for maaaany people. How are you going to address this?

1 Like

Ok, the big question no one seems to asked.
Will the fishing pools contain the same number of fish as previously, or can we expect 15-30% extra fish?

2 Likes

Thanks for the headsup! Good to see some communication finally!

Still kinda sad that the arathi warfront won’t be updated. You guys hyped us a bit that the cycle would feel better when more of them are in rotation, but in the end we just care for the latest warfront cycle fully, while we only care for the control portion of the older ones (for WQs, pets/toys/mounts). And the rewards from those won’t last either.

I’ve got everything I want from arathi, so it not getting updated means I wil only care for the Darkshore warfront untill the next one releases.

I don’t understands what’s wrong with a person being able to get max gear (405-410 for example) within 1 month of playing. Gosh i miss the feeling that you capped everything and just jump around in Dalaran, speaking with friends and enjoying some PVP Arenas.

2 Likes

Are you all blind? You can still get Residium from Scrapping Azerite pieces, also the ones from World quests and the ones dropping from m+. It’s not a ton but from the expirience so far, you get quite some over the course of a week. If you want to farm out these items so bad it’s doable. (Still lottery, but doable).
This vendor shouldn’t throw the stuff at us, it’s supposed to make things targettable and aquirable, but not to simply bypass the content within a day…

M+ does not drop azerite pieces and the 325 azerite from WQ’s do not give TR.

3 Likes

There was also a post from Watcher that says they are changing Emmisary Caches and Assault Wrappers to be LOOT spec not Class spec.

We’ve heard this feedback a lot, and we agree. In Season 2, emissary caches and similar rewards like Assault wrapper quests will award loot based on your spec (or loot spec, if chosen) instead of your class.

Standard world quests will continue to provide rewards based on class rather than spec, for two reasons:

1. You can see the exact reward up-front, and choose whether or not to do the content if the reward doesn’t interest you. This also can offer a way to shore up weak off-spec slots without worrying that you might miss out on a major upgrade.
  2. If world quest rewards were spec-based, it might seem like the right behavior to cycle through your specs when evaluating potential rewards for every world quest, especially early in a tier, which seems like pretty annoying gameplay.

But neither of those reasons applies to something like emissaries or Assaults, where you don’t see what the reward will be until the end. And as you say, it can be frustrating if it’s for a spec you have no intention of playing, or it can simply feel like a bug. So we’re changing it.

2 Likes

I have to say that I love Love LOVE this format of getting information. I detest the Q&As. This is proper useful information in an easy to digest format.

This is what Blizz should be doing more when communicating with the playerbase!!!

3 Likes