What’s Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

Have you got a link to that post, so I may read it in it’s full context?

1 Like
1 Like

Will there be option to buy cosmetic BfA S1 items from PvP?
And if so … wich one?
Arena / Warfront / OpenPvP / all of them?

3 Likes

Fair enough I got that wrong. I still think the Mythic ilvl shouldn’t be attained quick. At least we should leave some time for the mythic raiders to be ahead of the rest for all the effort the put into this. All the rest that don’t attain high ilvl from raids should take their time to achiev this. After all it’s the high end until the next content push.

The random piece will be about ~3 weeks if my math is not completly betraying me, which seems kinda reasonable for a mythic quality item without entering a mythic raid. (And I am one of the players sitting at that “non mythic” end of the loottable).

1 Like

Still think you should implement something like that ^
and give players a reason to do any content.

And if you’re worried noobs are going to get their hands on highest ilvl items too soon that way, know that it would take 1430 normal dungeon runs to get a specific 415 armor piece.
Let’s say it takes 10 minutes to clear a normal dungeon (which is very conservative), it would take you about 24 days playing 10 hours per day.

I’ve just lost my will to progress all the sudden… With all the keys depletion going on… This is bad… I think i’m going to follow Bukachu and quit the game. I really hope this is one time only.

1 Like

First - comms wise this is excellent. Thank you. Genuinely.

Secondly - so where does this leave people that play for Mythic+ but aren’t able to commit to a true Mythic raid team (time, shift work, unusual hours etc.)? You’ve developed an excellent source of challenging content, but then have leader boards that are largely dominated by people with far better access to Mythic raid level gear. Looking at the pricing here it’s going to be near 30 weeks for a Mythic+ player to get their 3 slots filled.

That’s crazy. You continue to have pushing higher keys as the ‘goal’ of Mythic+ but then refuse to put any kind of meaningful reward behind it and to top it off now you’ve basically priced us out of specific Azerite gear buy having the only real source of the currency be scrapping Mythic Raid loot. The additional sprinkling of currency as you creep up doesn’t even come close to the effort involved in getting to those higher key levels which has a knock on effect that getting your social group to want to try to push for, essentially, nothing can be incredibly difficult.

Is your expectation for Mythic+ players to just only have ilvl 400 Azerite with the other slots at 410 if they get good rolls from the box of disappointment each week (cache)? I assume the answer here is yes because ‘you can do a 10 with the lower gear’.

edit: not to mention people that play mutliple specs, doomed to random roll and hope for the best i suppose.

Atleast they have it easier now compared to Legion with the tier sets. Unless they play multiple specs.
I guess this is the only real solution to keep raids relevant, but not mandatory.
But I would also prefer it if rnd Azerite items from the vendor could be sold back for half of the residuum.

If raids can’t be relevant without awarding better loot than Mythic+, then I don’t see why we have raids. Raids should be able to keep people interested for what they are, rather than the loot. In other words, mythic+ and raids should give the same reward quality in my opinion.

Thanks for the link.
To play devils advocate, my concern is that two fold.
Either they don’t understand specs and will continue to give you the wrong items, (as they do now).
Or they deliberately continue to feed the less desirable stats and gears to increase game play time, (also as they do now)

And now the glass half full bit, EG;
Hopefully, I’ll get more haste/crit for my loc instead of the constant master/vers.

Just another thought as an adendum.
If Caches and Assault wrapper quests (wtf?) will award spec based items, but that particular pool of loot from a specific return does not have, lets say a weapon for my spec (based on stats), will that spec be excluded from that weapon altogether? Same could be said for the trinkets. Due to the crappy trinket designs, the badges and medallions turned out to be BiS or 2nd BiS for most specs. Will these now be tied to certain specs? Or will they be global?
I realise they think a pve raider is happy to gring M+ or pvp for thier BiS items, but we are not. Same can be said for pvp’ers and M+ party goers. BiS should be available from the content you do. Noot cross content to try force increased MUA’s.
Jury is out. We’ll see how this works if implemented at all.
As yet, its just another post to add to the "Coming Soon " list

World Quest reward ilvl increase?

This isn’t, nor has it ever been, a function of spec specific loot. All spec specific loot does is stop an agility weapon dropping for a mistweaver monk, or a bow dropping for a survival hunter. It doesn’t guarentee you BiS stats.

Took them only 5 months to realize that rewards ignoring specs are frustrating when everyone was telling them. Whoa.
Better late than never, I guess.

What’s not changing : the aweful pruned class design.

Hue hue hue hue…

2 Likes

You are indeed correct young Minion. I was more thinking about weapons without Int, Trinkets with mastery and vers procs which at 390 sim/perform less than a 340 with int and haste proc.

In my eagerness to write my post, I lost a bit of clarity in making my point, which was aimed more at trinkets and weapons, rather than overall gears.

5 months + 2 years of legion to realise :wink:

Random bg still drops 330, rated pvp capped at 385. That means we have to farm a lot of pve to be competetive in rated pvp. Awful game design, this only confirm that ion the current lead game designer does not fit his position.

I only started playing in BfA but i had been following the info about the game throughout xpacs. As far as i remember it was way harder to get gear pieces. Even if items were specific, you had no guarantee you would ever see that item drop in your raids so how exactly does master looter help you then? Also token items weren’t top ilvl as far as i rember. So it is kinda confusing that people are asking for more gear and more ways to obtain it while at the same time other people are posting on thw forums that casuls are getting way too much gear for no effort.

3 Likes

They had normal ilvl (in those times it was just N and HC) which was decent start if you were unlucky in the early progress weeks. They often had a trinket - which was always a nightmare slot to drop. Later, when Valor turned to upgrades, they were effort-based upgrades you could plan ahead instead of WF/TF RNG. They brought ilvl up controllably, without massive inflation.

I agree Leon.
But I think it’s by design they do this.
My BiS weapon lets say drops from Mythic Mythrax. For most players, this will be unobtainable. Not only do I need a regular and decent team, I need the rng to be in my favour. Therefore, I look at alternatives. PVP weapon, high end M+. So off I go to do other content to try resolve the issue.
Same goes for pvp’ers and M+ farmers. Some gears in cross content are their BiS or close to it.
I personally believe that forcing people to engage in content they would rather not do, reduces the overall enjoyment of the experience. And while they spout the rhetoric of " we want you to have fun" that’s not at the expense of reducing your time logged in.
They have a lot of work trying to re-balance the content players wish to engage in and what they wish to avoid before 8.2.
Warmode I think was a fail, because for a lot of players it felt either forced or unfair at a particular time.
I can’t speak for pvp’ers Leon as I only casually enter into that now and again. Having checked the loot system incoming for my class and spec on the ptr and the recent notes, it seems very underwhelming again. It feels like quantity over quality.
I’m actually looking forward to 8.2, because if they make a lot of the “coming soon” promises reality, it may just become a fun and engaging experience again, rather than a rng grindfest.
If they don’t, well, we will see. Fingers crossed Leon.

TLDR: I hope they resolve the pvp rewards and add a vendor soon for those that do log in for that content and not other.