What "Social Aspect" is left to preserve in Dungeons? my experience after 60 wrath dungeons

So far in wrath of the Lich King Classic I’ve done every dungeon while leveling and have done Heroic World Tour for 4 days in a row.

This is how every dungeon goes:-

Hi
X Dungeon?
yes
can i get a summon
lets go
this way
need?
ty for the run gl

This is literally all the chatter that I’ve seen in every dungeon, bar 1 dungeon that I did with a few people I raided with in TBC.

And I guess a Halls of Lightning run where I said “the lore is cool here” and the tank told me to “s-t-f-u nobody cares”
Yes in almost 60 dungeon runs I’ve only talked in 1.

So my question is what social aspect and interactions are the Anti-RDF people are still trying to preserve?

57 Likes

Can confirm what you experienced. With the current tool players either wait for hours for an invite (wrong spec/gear) or trying to snipe a healer as grp leader. Anti RDFers say this is good, because players try to fill their friend list or only play with their guilds. The worse the tool, the more players play only in their “social circles” and this is healthy for the game in these people opinions. They dont have the interest of having a functional tool. Its the opposite, because they think its better for the game, if they force others to play the game the way they do. Having RDF or not would not even impact their gameplay or experience at all, since they queue premade in their social circles anyway. The only difference would be the travel time to the dungeon of 2 players would be optional.

10 Likes

How would a Cross-Realm dungeon finder with a teleport improve your social experience in dungeons?

5 Likes

The issue is.

The social aspect didnt exist anymore before rdf then it did after, the sheer concept a system widened the amount of players you could meet and talk to, introduced battlenet accounts which allowed you to talk to your friends in other blizzard games and when playing the opposit faction is ludiciruous.

RDF expanded the quantity of people you could meet. Group, and talk to massively. The problem is:

People in game pre guides and everything that became more and more.popular were forced to talk for base information of the game, when ur new to the game ur generally more social then you are when u become a regular player.

Because u lack a click, or friends in the game prior and as u go on u find ur guild, u find players and create ur click and ignore those outside of that naturally.

Players want to cling to their very first experience of the game and want that back, and you simply cant.

What no rdf allows is simple: social consequence still exists, everyone u play with is from your server, so top server guilds arent invalidated by other servers guilds, server firsts are still the goal and ninja looters and bad players are generally easier to become common knowledge.

People chase a reason to why theyre not social instead of accepting the fact they arent interested in random players, if your the type of player to chat in Pug groups RDF wouldnt stop you doing that.

And its Massively proven in retail.

M+ and mythic dungeons arent on RDF theyre premade groups and the behaviour used in those are identical to RDF modes of the game.

Ion isnt bringing in RDF becahse the players they want to captivate with classic are those that left becauee of what retail is today, to retain both sides of the playerbase.

RDF never killed the social aspect.

Easily accessed game information
Teamspeak / discord platforms.
Guilds.
And common knowledge of meta.

Killed the social aspects of the game and they have come to classic with those games and shown with or without RDF it has died.

19 Likes

Only because few of your dungeons were like this, it is still not a reason to kill the open world and social aspect in wotlk classic.
Stop complaining or go to retail.

11 Likes

I confirm what you had, and it’s not a problem for me.
Is vanilla old stucked players in their old memories still saying RDF kill the social ?

1 Like

you are aware RDF is Dead on Retail right? lol.

it really doesnt exist, Most players on even expansion launch skip the feature to go straight into mythic dungeons which require the same as Classic does currently.

the go to retail really is a Dead meme that people in classic really dont seem to understand. this isnt WoTLK / Cata anymore. the Dungeon progression doesnt utilise RDF nor accessible by RDF.

4 Likes

Still not a reason to ruin wotlk classic and make it retail 2.0

1 Like

By not having to talks to stupid people

2 Likes

no one said it was.

i dont care if it is or isnt added personally, game plays the same either way. weather i port to a dungeon and do a duingeon with little to none conversation, or run to one to do a dungeon little to none conversation is no time out my book realistically.

Im just saying. telling someone to go to retail for RDF, will not solved their issue.

1 Like

Orcsayzugzug is a meme by himself xD

3 Likes

Hey man first of all I’ve never played retail or wrath private servers; Secondly i seriously suggest you go offline and seek help all you do on this level 10 forum profile is tell people go to retail when they’re asking for a wrath feature.

7 Likes

Bro this guy is a troll, i started to ignore him.

The thing is at this point I’ve largely given up on socializing in dungeons, So RDF just helps the general populations run more dungeons and play the game more.

Yeah it’s really sad that all the people against RDF are just wearing rose-tinted googles.

4 Likes

No pro-Wotlk wanted to improve the social, your community yes.
You said no RDF improve the social, the reality is proving it doesn’t.
But it’s not a suprise, Wotlk pserv already proved that in 2016, i can’t imagine now in 2022 with US and the scaling of informations, mentality, mood.

I have only ever seen the pro-RDF people make this straw man argument over and over. I have never seen any anti-RDF poster make that claim. What does it even mean to “improve” something without actually doing anything? How can a status quo do anything?

Right now we are doing dungeons with players from our own realm. We have to manually create the group and travel to the dungeon. The dungeons have a strict 1 day lockout.

This is just a fact of reality. It doesn’t “improve” anything.

1 Like

There is literally no social aspect to preserve or improve anymore in the current state of minmaxy semi hardcore mindset that the majority of the player base plays in.

5 Likes

The point in not having RDF is that you are better off NOT using the LFG tool or spamming chat. This concept seems to be impossible for people to grasp.

1 Like

Mega realms and the 3-5 hour queues are a side effect of no cross realm RDF.
People don’t want to be on a realm that leveling and dungeons (aka pre raid gearing) dies after the first phase.
I’ve personally experienced this in classic & tbc where I was basically forced to transfer.

2 Likes

lol really ?
You are kidding me right ?