What villains do you think we were wrong to fight?

Scarlet crusade. They just wanted to exterminate the undead… and the lesser races, but mainly the undead.

4 Likes

Jaina Proudmoore in Dazar’alor.

As she tries to de-escalate the situation and uses the most appropriate form of self-defense, to simply flee and avoid the confrontation. The Horde mercilessly persues, because they are aggressive and wants to do bad stuff to a damsel in distress, just like King Mekkatorque.

Luckily she escaped with her life, but the whole ordeal was very unnecessary.

3 Likes

Zul’jin.

Okay so Zul’jin is a hero amongst his people owing to his efforts in fighting back against alien invaders who saw fit to build their city on land the trolls considered sacred. Considering said invaders landed near tirisfal and marched upwards into troll lands, it can hardly be described as “we’re just trying to settle”, they knew full well that the lands that became quel’thalas were sacred to trolls and purposefully marched on them.

After the trolls begin seeking allies to help, the allies then stop sending support to busy themselves with their own war, leaving the trolls to fight on their own. Zul’jin frees his people from this alliance because he views the Horde as not honouring their part of the original agreement in helping the trolls to get rid of the invaders.

In the ensuing years the invaders push the trolls further and further out of their own lands back into their only city. Zul’jin is briefly captured and the invaders mutilate him as torture before he escapes.

He then learns after more time these invaders are now allied with those who previously called him an ally, and they support the invaders in their efforts against the trolls.

In desperation he turns to the most dire of magic to try and reclaim territory, and is deemed a great danger to all for doing so, so adventurers from far and wide then come to ransack the city he is holed up in and slaughter him and his people.

And Zul’jin is apparently the villain of this tale. He wasn’t a boy scout but everything he did was justified by a fervent desire to protect his people and their land and nothing more, and he was struck down for it. It’s outrageous. It was not the death he deserved.

Shadowlands is an opportunity to rectify this issue and I sincerely hope it is taken.

1 Like

Jaina and Illidan.

3 Likes

Sylvanas, my dark lady does count, she did nothing wrong.

Garrosh, did nothing wrong.

Illidan whose glory was taken from him by his bad brother.

Taurens, when Alliance butchered their whole village in the Barrens.

Orc enslaved by Alliance.

4 Likes

Yeah I just didn’t want to have a certain few loyalist forum regulars come in here and drive the thread off a cliff.

I agree, but I don’t think there’s any satisfying end to the plot she’s had written that involves redemption.

Hogger. He just tried to warn us about not taking the candle.

2 Likes

But… Hogger’s a gnoll?

1 Like

I mean I get it people dont get her mission …

She wanted to stop all war and death, by making everyone forsaken, and peace would have bein ours. =(

Shes a misunderstood cute little innocent undead elf =(

Yes, but if you walk past him and keep walking, you will find the kobolds. Hogger knew what would happen then. Poor guy. ^^

1 Like

I’ve never considered the forsaken to be evil, but in bfa Sylvanas kind of went into 1d moustache twirler / garrosh 2.0 (now with tiddies) mode, so I’ll admit I’ve lost a lot of sympathy to her.

True but it was because Anduin said “I dare you to go all mental” … and Sylvanas fell into that =( So I blame Anduin.

Umm its all true, all true … I mean umm yeah XD

This one always bothered me.

OK, so some of our men have been picked off, but nobody knows by whom or what, and our response is to go in there and slaughter 14 of their people - EVERY FREAKIN’ DAY?

And we wonder why this is “not the friendliest town”??

5 Likes

Edwin VanCleef.

2 Likes

Responsible for the creation of the plague, alliance with the dreadlord of the burning Legion , attacking the city of Gilneas , Genocide of the human in Silverpine / hillsbrad on the remaining Human of Dalaran, Torturing a death knight that attempted to stop the war between alliance and horde to fight together against the scourge, At the Wrath Gate she ws not innoncent she knew the production of the plague, send the troop with the plague and hidden everything to the horde, breaking contract with the alliance in the battle on the broken shore against the Legion, Enslaving the queen Valkyr , Burning teldrassil , ressurect Dereck Proudmoore to Mind Control him in order to make it a bomb to his familly. Breaking the Helm of Domination that maintained the scouge out. Breaked the Shadowland systems. Allied with the most dangerous guys that want to anhilliate you.
She does a lot of thing wrong , and she didn’t payed enought for Gilneas and Teldrassil.

Cataclysm Garrosh was ok and good, the rest before and after was meh.

We may got a different taste of trust, but when Anduin Lothar go himself discuss to the horde for diplomacy in attempt to stop the war and the horde kill Anduin Lothar, it’s still a wonder how the orcish horde was not genocided totally from Azeroth by the human…

As Gilnean, i think i will absolutely do not like you at all, Shimia
Absolutely not like you !
I DECLARE WAR WITH YOU !

And this time there will be no enslavement :

2 Likes

Lord Godfrey, this badass killed Sylvanas with a shotgun in front of her army, dude has god in his name for a reason. It’s kinda sad the failed Ranger who tried to melee Arthas have 10 layers of plot armor and got resurrected.

3 Likes

Illidan. The writers in TBC really did him dirty. The guy was trying to stop one of the biggest threats in the universe and then we zerg rushed the black temple and killed him without even trying to figure out what he is trying to do. His methods were always questionable but in the end what he did always payed off. There are many things i don’t like in the current writing but how they handled Illidan in Legion is not one of them.

1 Like
  • Number 1:

Illidan.
If it was not for the player character he would had succeed in his plans against the Burning Legion.
This is even more clear, in the Demon Hunter campaign cinematic:

My opinion: Maiev was a foul for going after Illidan and for letting herself being betrayed by Cordana and Sira after.
That’s three mistakes she already did.

• Number 2:
    The whole Horde campaign during BFA.
    That includes every raid in BFA.
    Had the Horde player character been allowed to stay away this is what would had happened:
    Talanji would had remained on the Stockades but Zul would be there as well.
    So now there’s no Prophet to lead the conspiracy against Rastakhan.
    General Jakra’zet wouldn’t had his capability or influence.

I doubt that without Zul the Zandalari would had the problems they had with G’Huun. Since now there’s no Prophet to ask Mythrax to destroy the seal.
Even if we consider the Blood Trolls threat.

Everything related to Sylvanas is doomed from the beginning, since she never had the Horde best interests.

Had the Horde player character step aside and probably the Alliance player character life in BFA would had been much easier since he is locked down by Anduin and Magni since the beginning, in to take the peaceful route, he would had ended the conflict sooner.

This is the sad story of BFA.

Cheers.

1 Like

Scarlet Crusade its pretty much alliance killing living people from Lordaeron.

Those crusaders are to get taken care off like the undeads and on a regular basis, those psycho are completely nuts.

They used to torture anyone humans or not who was not one of them, they spread the lie that Anduin killed queen Calia, what kind of maniac rightfully believe such things… !!!

They want to use the worgens before getting rid of them as well that’s more than enough to let them and the undead kill each others, we wiped them out have at whitemane here is to those who betray humanity you are now part of what you hated traitrors like those who kneeled before the undead maggot bag usurper !

Of Lordaeron or any place they don’t deserves to have one for being traitrors to their king and his boodline and trusting and kneeling before the worst undead elf to existence, have at them she rightfully played them, betrayed them, bombed them and left how many times do we have to tel them common knowledge one: never trust an elf ! Never !

1 Like